**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

BG matchmaking after it got “tuned”

Talk about “newly tuned matchmaking” lol

Comments

• Options
    MeshariMeshari Posts: 15
    Zeezoos said:

You are in Diamond 1, what is it you are expecting to be different?

For one dev to start their pc and fix the game
  • Options
    ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 209 ★★
    Meshari said:

Zeezoos said:

Fix what exactly?
  • Options
    Fix the fact that these two accounts deemed to be well matched by the game
  • Options
    Zeezoos said:

Meshari said:

Zeezoos said:

Fix what exactly?
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Both those accounts have made their way to Diamond 1 (which is damn good progress!).

Are you asking for fights to be easier? I see Battlegrounds as a mode where you do your best, get as far as your skills and account will allow. If you hit a wall for one or other of those things, you work on improving them for the next campaign. You can’t expect to get as far as you have and not match accounts in the same bracket.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,366 ★★★★
    edited September 2023
    Your account probably doesn’t belong to Diamond 1, sorry. The Matchmaking is fine, cause 95% of your competitors have accounts like that.

EDIT: good Matchmaking ≠ you and your enemy have the same account … you face others from the same Tier and 99% of them have better Roaster than you
  • Options
    MiniMF said:

Meshari said:

You shouldn't even be in d1...

Just be happy
    But you see.. I am in diamond1…
  • Options
    Zeezoos said:

Both those accounts have made their way to Diamond 1 (which is damn good progress!).

Are you asking for fights to be easier? I see Battlegrounds as a mode where you do your best, get as far as your skills and account will allow. If you hit a wall for one or other of those things, you work on improving them for the next campaign. You can’t expect to get as far as you have and not match accounts in the same bracket.

I’m not asking for the fights to be easier, I’m asking them to be fair, with approximately equal numbers on both sides, for example.. my 5* ascended galan couldn’t finish off his 50k PI infamous iron man even with 999 harvest… you see my point here?
  • Options
    Meshari said:

Zeezoos said:

I’m not asking for the fights to be easier, I’m asking them to be fair, with approximately equal numbers on both sides, for example.. my 5* ascended galan couldn’t finish off his 50k PI infamous iron man even with 999 harvest… you see my point here?
    Then you didn’t understand how this game mode is meant. It’s PvP, battling out the best of the best. There is some explanation from Kabam Mike, search for it.

If your Roaster isn’t good enough to progress further, it is what it is. You can‘t expect to reach #1 with a new/F2P account VS all the OG whale accounts. This mode is like a world championship. Not everyone can be World Champion.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINK said:

Meshari said:

Zeezoos said:

Then you didn’t understand how this game mode is meant. It’s PvP, battling out the best of the best. There is some explanation from Kabam Mike, search for it.

If your Roaster isn’t good enough to progress further, it is what it is. You can‘t expect to reach #1 with a new/F2P account VS all the OG whale accounts. This mode is like a world championship. Not everyone can be World Champion.
    Battling out the best of the best only applied to me in this case, am I the best of the best for this account to be matched against me?

Not everyone want to be world champions im not a streamer nor professional player, i just want to open the game and enjoy playing the characters I built, they can remove my rank for all i care bronze or diamond all the same to me it doesn’t identify me i just wanna play a fair game
  • Options
    LokxLokx Posts: 644 ★★★
    Meshari said:

MiniMF said:

Meshari said:

Just be happy
    But you see.. I am in diamond1…
    And diamond1 is where you shall remain.
  • Options
    Meshari said:

WOLF_LINK said:

Meshari said:

Zeezoos said:

Battling out the best of the best only applied to me in this case, am I the best of the best for this account to be matched against me?

Not everyone want to be world champions im not a streamer nor professional player, i just want to open the game and enjoy playing the characters I built, they can remove my rank for all i care bronze or diamond all the same to me it doesn’t identify me i just wanna play a fair game
    Then you should have stayed in Gold/Platinum, that’s where you‘ll meet comparable accounts. But that’s a positive suggestion at least … implement some RESET button to rank down if u want to.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINK said:

Meshari said:

WOLF_LINK said:

Meshari said:

Zeezoos said:

Then you should have stayed in Gold/Platinum, that’s where you‘ll meet comparable accounts. But that’s a positive suggestion at least … implement some RESET button to rank down if u want to.
    An easier solution that probably will never happen: Unranked mode
  • Options
    Meshari said:

Zeezoos said:

You do your best against the opposition in your bracket. If you can’t beat them then don’t expect to progress beyond that point. It might not be a great experience but you’ve done great getting to D1 and will be able to progress your account because of that.

I don’t get the logic of wanting to bypass fights because your skills or account are not as developed as theirs, that is very much asking for easier matches.
  • Options
    Zeezoos said:

Meshari said:

Zeezoos said:

You do your best against the opposition in your bracket. If you can’t beat them then don’t expect to progress beyond that point. It might not be a great experience but you’ve done great getting to D1 and will be able to progress your account because of that.

I don’t get the logic of wanting to bypass fights because your skills or account are not as developed as theirs, that is very much asking for easier matches.
    That’s not what he said he wants. He just wants to have fun in BG even without big prizes in some Unranked (like Friend) Mode. And that’s a fine suggestion imo.
  • Options
    That’s cool @WOLF_LINK, I totally missed that message.

Don’t forget OP that there are plenty of modes to play with your champs if BG’s stops being fun.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,237 ★★★★★
    Meshari said:

Zeezoos said:

BGs is not meant to give you even matches. By design you face players in your bracket and need to climb over them to advance.
  • Options
    RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Posts: 703 ★★★
    MiniMF said:

Meshari said:

Just be happy
    I see people saying this a lot? What does this mean? Who are you or how you decide what thay player deserves?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,375 ★★★★★
    Ruwqiersa said:

MiniMF said:

Meshari said:

Just be happy
    I see people saying this a lot? What does this mean? Who are you or how you decide what thay player deserves?
    Yeah, that's not a fair statement. I'm in D1 now, and my Matches have been anything but handed to me.

To the OP, they will get harder as you advance. It's a part of the competition.
  • Options
    JarvisreiJarvisrei Posts: 397 ★★
    Ruwqiersa said:

MiniMF said:

Meshari said:

Just be happy
    I think it's fairly obvious? Not understanding this is what leads to posts like this. A player with 10k prestige ( example) cannot expect to matched up with another 10k prestige account in diamond 1. Why? Cuz diamond is a league where most of the paragon who doesn't want to grind much stays at and the match up doesn't see your prestige.

Yall expect to keep pushing up in ranks and reach GC and be a top ranked player while your roster is far below the others in the same rank or something?
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    If you can't win you don't deserve to get the rewards.
  • Options
    Ruwqiersa said:

MiniMF said:

Meshari said:

Just be happy
    Kabam siloes matchmaking until Plat, giving low players an artificial plateau that they can reach. If matchmaking was actually 'fair' from the start, most would never ger to Plat or Diamond.
  • Options
    If they didn't belong there, they wouldn't make it past the Plat drop-off.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,739 ★★★★★
    Part of the disconnect, I think, is that the lower tiers of GC are currently littered with low, sub-1M rated accounts (some very low)—much lower than the OP.

How they got there is anyone’s guess, but it creates the impression that any sized account can make it to GC.

If the current structure was described by Kabam Jax accurately, then there’s really no way dozens of these lower accounts can make it to GC. And that’s not a problem—accounts that barely have enough champs to fill out a deck, or accounts who’s profile champs comprise 5-10% of their entire rating, aren’t developed enough to make the run all the way through VT.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Posts: 510 ★★★
    You also have to keep in mind that not a billion people are playing this game, and not all of them are queuing for a match at the same time. So, if kabam makes a 1:1 match-making system you might have to wait a very, very long period of time for a 1:1 match!
  • Options
    DrZola said:

Part of the disconnect, I think, is that the lower tiers of GC are currently littered with low, sub-1M rated accounts (some very low)—much lower than the OP.

How they got there is anyone’s guess, but it creates the impression that any sized account can make it to GC.

If the current structure was described by Kabam Jax accurately, then there’s really no way dozens of these lower accounts can make it to GC. And that’s not a problem—accounts that barely have enough champs to fill out a deck, or accounts who’s profile champs comprise 5-10% of their entire rating, aren’t developed enough to make the run all the way through VT.

Dr. Zola

I think a good number of them are "allegedly" modders. Some are just good Players running Alts. Which is entirely deceptive. I've come across a number.
  • Options
    DUHveedDUHveed Posts: 353 ★★★
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

I saw a couple of your other comments/posts about this and it definitely seems something sus is going on

• Options

If they didn't belong there, they wouldn't make it past the Plat drop-off.

Many don't make it out of Plat. You know this.