**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Sell me on Kingpin

BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
Basically I just wanna know what makes you guys rate him so highly. Every time there’s some type of discussion on best champs to rank up or who are the best champs in the game, a lot of people bring up Kingpin and I guess I don’t see it. Does he do a lot of damage? Does he have a fun play style? Utility? I just wanna know why he’s so loved

Comments

• Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Tanky, hits hard, utility, willpower, AND he does belly bumps
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,402 ★★★★★
    Ever seen KP run so fast? Why not go ask Proxima Midnight! 🤣
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,777 ★★★★
    Because he's Fatman
  • Options
    Bee2JayBee2Jay Posts: 103
    That Belly Bump is one hell of a hit
    SP1 degenrates
    SP2 gives untouchable/unblockable/willpower
    SP3 is the absolute best, with that stun, i quickly go for like another 3 to 4 belly bumpingsssssss :D
  • Options
    Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Posts: 308 ★★★

You're definitely not an end game player if you're still asking this kind of question about kingpin

Respectfully disagree. I'm Paragon, have completed and explored almost all content the game has on offer (except Act 6, and I haven't run Abyss due to dated rewards), and I never use my KP. I ranked him up due to hype, but there's never been a time when I'm like "Yeah, Kingpin is the answer for this quest".
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,816 ★★★★★

You're definitely not an end game player if you're still asking this kind of question about kingpin

Respectfully disagree. I'm Paragon, have completed and explored almost all content the game has on offer (except Act 6, and I haven't run Abyss due to dated rewards), and I never use my KP. I ranked him up due to hype, but there's never been a time when I'm like "Yeah, Kingpin is the answer for this quest".
    Do you play battlegrounds or war?
  • Options
    Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 533 ★★★
    Play him and you will be sold.
  • Options
    JannasJannas Posts: 89
    Very polyvalent champion that can purify debuff , get easy heavy , deadly special 3 . the only thing you might strugle with him is evade, miss , node that require you 3 buff to deal dmg .... refrain yourself to belly bump you opponent to death .
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,992 ★★★★★
    He's the top skill champ for a reason
  • Options
    Godslayer_1Godslayer_1 Posts: 329 ★★★
    Ashacekar said:

Because he's Fatman

Reminded me of this
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★

Same, I have him in my deck for BGs but I'll always pick Mole Man for any other content.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,758 ★★★★★
    I think the main thing with Kingpin is that he's very simple to play, yet becomes very powerful in a ton of very common scenarios. Whenever there are a lot of debuffs, whether damaging or not, he's probably the best option. He gets rid of debuffs at an incredible rate (even more with synergies) and when he has purified eight of them, he gains an Overpower buff that not only gives him a whooping 10K boost to his attack rating but also makes his special attacks unblockable. There are more things in his kit, but that's almost everything you need to know in order to get most out of him. Take him into fights with a lot of debuffs, and just win. His whole "turning debuffs into attack rating on yourself" mechanic is incredibly potent.

He's one of those champions that manages to be both very easy to play and very, very powerful at the same time.

He's also an incredibly annoying defender.
  • Options
    BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★

I’m about to finish 8.2, I’ve just never used him before and wanna know what makes him good.
  • Options
    other than the fact that he can heal from rage debuffs, shrug debuffs like it is nothing ,and increase his attack that way, has increased Comba power rate due to it, here are some other points.
    1) His sp1 puts a debuff that reduces attack rating by 50%. Yes. Half. That itself makes him insanely tanky. That and it reduces AAR by 40%. Insane.
    2) Sp2 has a long unstoppable so he can get multiple combos in and get to overpower even faster.
    3) sp3 puts a loong stun.

he has insane synergies that help other champs.

In short, he is worthy of investing in. Great for content/war/aq/BGs. Good everywhere, and incredibly easy to use.