**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Kabam going the wrong direction?

2»

Comments

• Options
    UnOriginalUnOriginal Posts: 727 ★★★

Bro this thread went from a discussion about MCOC to a discussion about the Golden gate Bridge💀

You are welcome
  • Options
    Swixsy_63Swixsy_63 Posts: 36
    Tbh from what I've seen it looks like kabam is one direction and we the fanbase in another direction 💀
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★

I don't know if you guys misinterpret what im saying. I am NOT complaining about the event. I am saying that if miike says we shouldn't expect to complete every event what else is there to look forward to?

Some things requires to be purchased which is fine. Like this morbius for example. But that isn't an event of sorts. But cap comissary is an extra event with milestones. While this months sq and eq with the objectives was great. Caps commisary isn't. I know we "don't have to get the offers". But I assure you that a lot of people won't be able to complete it. Which means that this event they won't be able to complete and if this is the trend forward what can we expect to complete if this continues and more events like caps comissary happens.

But what he's saying is true. We saw this with SoP and EoP and Gauntlet when they came out. Lower level accounts complained they couldn't complete the content even though they were allowed to participate in the event.

Arenas are 3 day events but you're not complaining about whether or not you have a fair shake at competing in that area you?

Not being able to 100% do a piece of content or an event for some players isn't anything new. It's existed forever.
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,209 ★★★★★

I don't know if you guys misinterpret what im saying. I am NOT complaining about the event. I am saying that if miike says we shouldn't expect to complete every event what else is there to look forward to?

Some things requires to be purchased which is fine. Like this morbius for example. But that isn't an event of sorts. But cap comissary is an extra event with milestones. While this months sq and eq with the objectives was great. Caps commisary isn't. I know we "don't have to get the offers". But I assure you that a lot of people won't be able to complete it. Which means that this event they won't be able to complete and if this is the trend forward what can we expect to complete if this continues and more events like caps comissary happens.

But what he's saying is true. We saw this with SoP and EoP and Gauntlet when they came out. Lower level accounts complained they couldn't complete the content even though they were allowed to participate in the event.

Arenas are 3 day events but you're not complaining about whether or not you have a fair shake at competing in that area you?

Not being able to 100% do a piece of content or an event for some players isn't anything new. It's existed forever.
    Yes but SoP EoP and Gauntlet was available to be done and it was free (revives you used doesnt count as the content was free).

Arena is free to use for everyone doesn't matter where you place in it.

Caps commisary? Yes its a "free" event brought to us that a low % will actually be able to get all 4 milestones. No skill needed , no nothing needed. Sure you can get the 3 gold offers and awaken gem trade and then bg objectives and aq fights. But even then we won't all be able to get the 4th milestones hence the reason Im saying that. If this is the new trend on events that we shouldn't expect to complete just cause we don't buy units or buy some offers to make up points for the event. I am f2p and personally for me Im just missing out on a new 7* not that its gonna change my account or anything but I can't get it even if I do my part to play the required content to make points.

If we were actually able to build points from actual content I guarantee you that no one would complain even if it asked us to do some paths in act 6 - 8 with specific champs or even Abyss / EoP fights.
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    edited September 2023

I guarantee you that no one would complain

you lose all merit when saying this.
    this is a factually 100% incorrect statement.
    there will always be people complaining no matter what and exactly what your suggestion was would guarantee that a lot of people would complain saying its a stupid design etc etc.
  • Options
    Triclops1224Triclops1224 Posts: 107 ★★
    I’m not full FTP. I might spend $5-10 a month. The Legends event was one of the most FTP friendly events Kabam has put out. The fact that so many people are up in arms about Cap’s Commissary as if the Legends event never happened is crazy to me.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★

I honestly do think that every single event should have something for everyone. If Kabam is designing events with the intention of milking whales, that's fine by me, but f2p players shouldn't have to feel like an afterthought when Kabam chooses to hype up an event not meant for them.

Cap's Commissary is just filled with bad deals that benefit Kabam when whales choose to buy them anyways and does absolutely nothing but feel pretty insulting for everyone else.

Hope you checked out my F2P Guide for Cap Event … I‘ve explained how you can at least reach the 3rd Milestone without buying anything from Store = with AQ + BG effort alone. No Units or other ressources required.

And if I were a Cavalier and could get a 7* Crystal from this Event for free, I would have been super happy.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★

Yes but SoP EoP and Gauntlet was available to be done and it was free (revives you used doesnt count as the content was free).

Arena is free to use for everyone doesn't matter where you place in it.

Caps commisary? Yes its a "free" event brought to us that a low % will actually be able to get all 4 milestones. No skill needed , no nothing needed. Sure you can get the 3 gold offers and awaken gem trade and then bg objectives and aq fights. But even then we won't all be able to get the 4th milestones hence the reason Im saying that. If this is the new trend on events that we shouldn't expect to complete just cause we don't buy units or buy some offers to make up points for the event. I am f2p and personally for me Im just missing out on a new 7* not that its gonna change my account or anything but I can't get it even if I do my part to play the required content to make points.

If we were actually able to build points from actual content I guarantee you that no one would complain even if it asked us to do some paths in act 6 - 8 with specific champs or even Abyss / EoP fights.
    But you can build points from actual content. It just may not be content you want. You can get points from AQ. But you also get points from buying the bundles with you can do without spending.

Let me reiterate that I am not a fan of this event. I think points earned from AQ should be higher. In fact I think the points are too low for most of the ways of getting the milestones. But that's why we provide the feedback. I've seen tons of posts on this event and all of them are basically saying the same thing.. the event sucks, it's the worst event ever, etc... but none of them is providing any real feedback of what isn't working or how it could get better, at least nothing that doesn't make actual sense in terms of improvement.

No matter how you try to spin it as it's not a free event, you're wrong, it is free. Just like everything else I listed. The comparison is whether that event/content can be completed, not if it's free or not. Players were allowed to participate in those events but many couldn't complete them and one of the bigger reasons is they weren't Paragon. Take SoP for instance. There were milestones that only Paragon players could get. If you were TB, you couldn't get all the objectives. There isn't much of a difference here either. Was it fair that TB couldn't get what Paragon could back then?
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,292 ★★★★

If you play a game , any game that is free for that matter. You will always be able to do any content or any event that game has to offer. But not in MCOC it seems. We should from now on NOT expect to be able to do EVERY event/content that comes out.

I actually don't consider this an "event", even though Kabam Mike does categorize it as such.

A store is not an event; and doing the same things most players would normally be doing is not an event. There should be some unique piece of content tied into it; this instead just utilizes pre-existing things in the game (AQ, BGs objectives) that are tied to an objective, plus a store. (Note: I feel the same way that SQs involving Incursions are not truly a SQ, since I was already playing Incursions, so the Incursion SQ month is actually less content than I normally do each month if there was a normal SQ + Incursions).

As such, I don't have the same perspective as you on this, since players can always choose to spend or not spend. Not spending on Cap's Commissary is the same thing as choosing to 'not spend' on the Piggy Bank "event". I did not expect to be able to do it since it has always been geared as a money maker for Kabam first and foremost.

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★

That statement isn't new. Some Events we will not get everything, and that's been the case all along. I can understand people feel a certain amount of disappointment with the Event, but it isn't any kind of omen.