**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Trading gold for loyalty? [MERGED THREADS - TYPO IN MESSAGE]

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,459 ★★★★★

As if more things couldn't go wrong with this event. That is a Typo, and should have said "you can trade your units for loyalty", as seen in the store right now.

There are no amount of apologies I can give for this oversight that will alleviate the confusion or the frustration over this, but I am deeply sorry about this.

A typo is usually one letter spelled wrong, not an entire word. Units and gold are made of completely different letters, that’s one hell of a typo.
    I work in mental healthcare and this typo would translate into anti-psychotic instead of anti-convulsive.
    I know you’re not to blame & probably nothing to be done about it now, but holy 🐄, that is one big-a** typo

Technically "typo" is used when a mistake is made in typed or printed text.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,529 ★★★★★
    Dukenpuke said:

Just add a sale to the commissary store that lets you buy 1.5M loyalty for 500M gold. Then you fulfilled your promise.

Why involve complex math in it...
    They can correct it by putting 1 loyalty for 1 gold at limit 1 and troll us 🤣
  • Options
    Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Posts: 368 ★★★
    Some of y'all reactions are pathetic, and shows you put way much stock into this games deals and events. We just had one of the best events ever last month, y'all can deal with a miss. Why are half of you upset anyway? You clearly state it's a ploy to get people to spend their units before Black Friday (historically one of the best sales the game ever has), but then are mad the deals are bad. You should be happy the deals aren't more tempting.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,529 ★★★★★

Some of y'all reactions are pathetic, and shows you put way much stock into this games deals and events. We just had one of the best events ever last month, y'all can deal with a miss. Why are half of you upset anyway? You clearly state it's a ploy to get people to spend their units before Black Friday (historically one of the best sales the game ever has), but then are mad the deals are bad. You should be happy the deals aren't more tempting.

To be fair, any time there's anything for units regardless of the month, it's a ploy by Kabam to drain players' units before CW.
    Very true, and everything else during the year is an excuse to make f2p players spend units so they can save before 4th and CM
  • Options

Its frustrating how with special events like these, "exceptions can't be made" for mistakes or accidental purchases in the commissary store etc - which I understand, makes total sense because of points rewarded and such. But it's like, Summoners can't make any sort of slip up, but when Kabam does, it's just "oopsie sorry guys."

I felt the same way in high school. Like when a student makes a mistake they get a bad grade, but when a teacher makes a mistake it is just oops, sorry.

Except that's just how the world works. Students are ultimately accountable to teachers, but teachers are not accountable to students. Game players are ultimately accountable to the game and the game operators, but game developers are not accountable to the players. They are accountable to their bosses. If they make too many mistakes their boss can fire them but the players have no direct right to extract punishment themselves.
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

Dukenpuke said:

Just add a sale to the commissary store that lets you buy 1.5M loyalty for 500M gold. Then you fulfilled your promise.

I understand what you are trying to say. It would be funny af. @Kabam Miike you guys have the opportunity to do one of the funniest things ever with this game
    There's some gigawhales out there that might actually take that trade. It would be better to allow a one for one trade, and just limit to 1000.
  • Options
    spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Posts: 284 ★★
    Just an overall diarrhea of an event. Horrible all the way around.
  • Options
    kraioszerokraioszero Posts: 148
    Dukenpuke said:

serously that is a good idea for a solution, just make it "Progressive" like at previous offers where the first bundle unlocked a second one, so you can use the misunderstood one the unlocker for the fixing one
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,130 ★★★★
    KRANꓘ said:

I called this 😂
    I mean if I had employees mess up this much there would/should be repercussions.
    A typo/misprint/wrong champion image ectc is sadly more common that it should be.
    How hard is it really.

I've been checking Kabam's job postings for awhile now.
    Dukenpuke said:

I know you're being intentionally obtuse or devils advocate or whatever you feel you're getting out of this. But you realize...

It would set an unprecedented ability for them to just make things up on the fly and just say they weren't wrong, which is no better and in fact 100x worse,

and b) things like this that are coded and set ahead of time means its not the easiest to change things in-game on a whim. it took 3 weeks for us to get two energy refills for their path rearrangement mistake. In terms of this 'offer' you're suggesting, besides it being unfeasible - one of us actually want this and you're just being a jerk.
  • Options
    BloodseekerBloodseeker Posts: 11

As if more things couldn't go wrong with this event. That is a Typo, and should have said "you can trade your units for loyalty", as seen in the store right now.

There are no amount of apologies I can give for this oversight that will alleviate the confusion or the frustration over this, but I am deeply sorry about this.

Also can you please let me know where can i
    "PURCHASE 6 STAR FEATURED CRYSTAL BUNDLE" for 200 points.

I am not able to find that bundle in CAPS COMMISSARY store.

As i am short of last 110 point for last reward.

Thanks
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★

KRANꓘ said:

I called this 😂
    I mean if I had employees mess up this much there would/should be repercussions.
    A typo/misprint/wrong champion image ectc is sadly more common that it should be.
    How hard is it really.

Dukenpuke said:

I know you're being intentionally obtuse or devils advocate or whatever you feel you're getting out of this. But you realize...

It would set an unprecedented ability for them to just make things up on the fly and just say they weren't wrong, which is no better and in fact 100x worse,

and b) things like this that are coded and set ahead of time means its not the easiest to change things in-game on a whim. it took 3 weeks for us to get two energy refills for their path rearrangement mistake. In terms of this 'offer' you're suggesting, besides it being unfeasible - one of us actually want this and you're just being a jerk.
    That's not what obtuse means. I think the word you were going for was "facetious."
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,130 ★★★★
    Dukenpuke said:

KRANꓘ said:

I called this 😂
    How hard is it really.

Dukenpuke said:

That's not what obtuse means. I think the word you were going for was "facetious."
    I would argue semantics - that the word itself doesn't matter because because we all knew what it meant...

But this whole thread and argument is about words being used incorrectly.

So, touche. Sir... touche...
  • Options

Also can you please let me know where can i
    "PURCHASE 6 STAR FEATURED CRYSTAL BUNDLE" for 200 points.

I am not able to find that bundle in CAPS COMMISSARY store.

As i am short of last 110 point for last reward.

Thanks
    Did anybody answer the question of where to purchase the 6* featured crystal bundle because I can't find it either?or does anyone know?
  • Options
    DRZHDRZH Posts: 2

How many more 'mistakes' do you guys want to make lol, I'd advise triple proof-reading stuff especially when you know you had no intention of implementing said feature.
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 980 ★★★
    edited September 2023
    444 gold for 120k loyalty. Then 1.5m for a 7*. That will put a 7* at 5,550 gold. I will take that deal in a heartbeat! Thank you.

On a serious note, poor Mike is just the messenger, I think he has cop enough flak for someone else’s mistake.

I am just glad the 7* loyalty champ is very well priced compared to the 7* incursion crystal. Also the loyal bundle didn’t cost an arm and a leg, so I will definitely buy it to stop the grind and get my 7* civil warrior.

I am at 2k event points and if I spend 888 units, I should be able to get to the top milestone and get 12 units back from the third milestone. That’s a win for me there.

Edit - so sorry about this post, didn’t see the loyal bundle and wasted my units with it. Loyalty trade in bundle don’t get you points.