**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Yo Kabam! What's up with the silent nerf >:(

Comments

• Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    As an orthodox christian who s not only that in paper, I m with demonzfyre on this. Over exaggeration for just mentioning a name is the kind of behaviour that killed hundreds of people during medieval times, and millions more in our times in some countries in the east.
  • Options
    DanielRandDanielRand Posts: 415 ★★★★

Yes it was offensive to me. According to this quote from the forum rules ANY offensive language is prohibited. As such you are clearly in violation.

2. We expect all Summoners to treat each other with respect. Insults, personal attacks, harassment, inflammatory posting, or generally rude posts will not be tolerated in either the forums, or private messages. This also includes the use of inappropriate, vulgar, discriminatory or offensive language of any kind.

Cool. All of your posts are offensive to me. Guess we're even. That's not how that part of the ToS works, sorry to burst your bubble.

Peace bruh!
    You need to chill out, bruh.

It may not be against "Terms of Service", but if you've offended someone, a grown-up response would be to say sorry and avoid mentioning people's religious icons in the future.

Clearly religion doesn't matter to you. That's fine, it doesn't matter to me either. But it matters to some. And holding back our impulses for the sake of others is the fundamental building block of civilisation, after all. And this would be an incredibly easy thing for you to do, which literally costs you nothing more than a moment's thought.

In the same way, a lot of people on the forums are now using the phrase 'Recoil Masteries"; because there are real live people on here who have actually had contact with suicide. And it matters to them.

All it requires of us is a tiny bit of consideration for others.

Why not give it a try?
    The problem is, not everyone is Christian. Which means some have accepted it as a common term of expression. Interesting fact, but my ex liked to point out that I'm praying everytime I used it, to my annoyance.
    Regardless, if it's not enough for Moderation to take action, then it's not unacceptable here. People have the right to belive "Thou shalt not take the Lord's name in vein.". They can't expect everyone else to hold that belief.
    I agree with your points. Especially on moderation. That’s where the root of this lies. It’s unrealistic to think that in a diverse online community everyone shares the same beliefs and honestly different points of view are what keeps it interesting. But where is the line drawn on disrespect? I have not insulted anyone’s race, cultural, sexual, religious beliefs or practices. It should be a common courtesy that something I believe deeply in should likewise be respected.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,404 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

flapjax said:

There's been several posts about weirdness with the BG store. It's the weekend so doubtful you'll hear anything til Monday.

Probably Tuesday, Monday is a Canadian holiday
    No it's not....
    That's next weekend.
  • Options
    XXGhost_RiderXXXXGhost_RiderXX Posts: 246 ★★★
    Regardless, arguing like this isn't constructive, like peeps, c'mon D:

I just wanted to show smtn was going on with the bgs store. As for the forum guardians who reported it, ty
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★

How did this get so out of topic. It's most likely a visual glitch so lets wait till tomorrow to find out.

I suspect as much. I don't recall seeing any news of a change. We'll have to wait for confirmation.
  • Options
    Go_ToGo_To Posts: 317 ★★★
    It’s a visual glitch. Or it better be. If it’s not that’s a scummy move that doesn’t really make any sense
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★

Yes it was offensive to me. According to this quote from the forum rules ANY offensive language is prohibited. As such you are clearly in violation.

2. We expect all Summoners to treat each other with respect. Insults, personal attacks, harassment, inflammatory posting, or generally rude posts will not be tolerated in either the forums, or private messages. This also includes the use of inappropriate, vulgar, discriminatory or offensive language of any kind.

Cool. All of your posts are offensive to me. Guess we're even. That's not how that part of the ToS works, sorry to burst your bubble.

Peace bruh!

It may not be against "Terms of Service", but if you've offended someone, a grown-up response would be to say sorry and avoid mentioning people's religious icons in the future.

Clearly religion doesn't matter to you. That's fine, it doesn't matter to me either. But it matters to some. And holding back our impulses for the sake of others is the fundamental building block of civilisation, after all. And this would be an incredibly easy thing for you to do, which literally costs you nothing more than a moment's thought.

In the same way, a lot of people on the forums are now using the phrase 'Recoil Masteries"; because there are real live people on here who have actually had contact with suicide. And it matters to them.

Why not give it a try?
    The problem is, not everyone is Christian. Which means some have accepted it as a common term of expression. Interesting fact, but my ex liked to point out that I'm praying everytime I used it, to my annoyance.
    Regardless, if it's not enough for Moderation to take action, then it's not unacceptable here. People have the right to belive "Thou shalt not take the Lord's name in vein.". They can't expect everyone else to hold that belief.
    I agree with your points. Especially on moderation. That’s where the root of this lies. It’s unrealistic to think that in a diverse online community everyone shares the same beliefs and honestly different points of view are what keeps it interesting. But where is the line drawn on disrespect? I have not insulted anyone’s race, cultural, sexual, religious beliefs or practices. It should be a common courtesy that something I believe deeply in should likewise be respected.
    And how would you respond if I said I found your attempt to impose the rules of your religion on me to be extremely offensive and disrespectful?
  • Options
    DanielRandDanielRand Posts: 415 ★★★★
    Wubbie075 said:

Peace bruh!

Why not give it a try?
    And how would you respond if I said I found your attempt to impose the rules of your religion on me to be extremely offensive and disrespectful?

So you find it offensive to be respectful of other people’s beliefs? In that case my response is sympathy for how sad that truly is.
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★

Wubbie075 said:

Peace bruh!

Why not give it a try?

So you find it offensive to be respectful of other people’s beliefs? In that case my response is sympathy for how sad that truly is.
    Keep in mind other people don’t hold the same perspective as to what is offensive. Some people are more sensitive which doesn’t mend well with those who are “Demonzfyre”y. From what i see he hasn’t said anything offensive, more so just being satire which perhaps you dislike, but he’s not breaking TOS. Trust me nobody likes this guy but technically he’s following the rules so not worth the hassle.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,689 ★★★★★
    In a world where the slightest thing upsets people and people are routinely smashed for upsetting others, if old mate feels aggrieved, he should be able to express that without being picked on for it and because the world is so sensitive, we don't get to decide how offended someone is allowed to be.

Tolerance of other peoples choices and belief systems, even when it's stupid, can be done without pointing out how stupid it actually is.

• Options
    sherin_66sherin_66 Posts: 251 ★★★
    In before its closed lol
  • Options
    Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Posts: 677 ★★★★
    Gotta love a thread that brings up an important point being completely derailed again over the weekend!
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★

Wubbie075 said:

Peace bruh!

Why not give it a try?

Yeah, that's about what I thought that's what your response would be.

You cannot see the world beyond the 6 inches in front of your nose. I am saying that, by telling me how to live, YOU are being disrespectful of MY beliefs. But to you, only your beliefs matters and the rest of the world needs to adjust or they're being disrespectful.

I do not believe in your religion. I have no wish to follow the rules of your religion. Live your life the way you want and follow whatever rules you choose. But I have the right to live mine the way I choose without you telling me what to do and how to behave.

You choose not to blaspheme. Awesome. I am beyond delighted for you. To me, the concept of blasphemy literally does not exist, because I do not believe there is a god to blaspheme against. I will not subjugate myself for your god. Sorry.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    Just drop it everyone. The original OP question/accusation has been addressed. Time to move on.

To OP, next time you experience something that doesn't seem to be right, don't call it a silent nerf. It's always a bug. These types of titles are always going to cause a stir.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,311 ★★★★★

Just drop it everyone. The original OP question/accusation has been addressed. Time to move on.

To OP, next time you experience something that doesn't seem to be right, don't call it a silent nerf. It's always a bug. These types of titles are always going to cause a stir.

That’s a much more mature and civil response. Try doing that more often than to be abrasive against random people on the forum.
  • Options
    Omega_RunnerOmega_Runner Posts: 143 ★★
    What to do now?? Because of this I missed 7* crystal purchase using 6* featured??
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

That’s a much more mature and civil response. Try doing that more often than to be abrasive against random people on the forum.
    Sure. As long as you and others agree to stop calling anyone, like myself, Kabam employees. I'll do that as long as you can agree to have a civil conversation with people who don't hold your opinion.

Until you and others agree to do that, I'll keep being me.
  • Options
    Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,161 ★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Alright, everyone, I see the arguing here, and I raise you one donut capybara.

I see you, and I raise you with a squirrel with pizza

• Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,311 ★★★★★

Graves_3 said:

Sure. As long as you and others agree to stop calling anyone, like myself, Kabam employees. I'll do that as long as you can agree to have a civil conversation with people who don't hold your opinion.

Until you and others agree to do that, I'll keep being me.
    Get well soon!!
This discussion has been closed.