Options

So, how many people did all the SQ runs?

JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
So, after this SQ (another really bad designed in my opinion) I still have 15 entries left, which Im not going to do even the rewards are decent, its too annoying and too boring, I dont know the real reason to make SQs like this ones, because we had already a few in a row which were just repeat the same quest every day, and its already annoying to have to deal with daily/weekly SQs instead of being able to decide, but to make it this repetitive its like dude.

And I think everybody will agree that we prefer rather very similar SQs instead of having more diversity but being less fun or more boring/annoying to do, but since this maybe be only me, I wanted to know.

So, how many people did all the SQ runs? 359 votes

I did
53%
DNA3000MasterSmokePantherusNZDrZolaSuperChronaMegaSkater67MagicBentonRaganatorHort4AraevinAce_03TendersquadzuffySIlverProfessorMaestro1713AzKicker316Manup456allinashesSpeedbumpGK_23 193 votes
I didn't
45%
SnakeEyes69Heinz11MonkeyWSligMaat1985buffajrMongoPawnpayebuduLeediman39WilyGhostbm3eppsBosleyUnyonfaceDarkrider05Cat_MurdockG-Hun-GearOdachiCassySyndicatedThecrusher_9756 165 votes

Comments

• Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    I didn't
    XFREEDOMX said:

This month's SQ was boring and repetitive for sure but saving all the keys to do in one go at the last moment was not wise.

Dont have that much time/Im not in the mood to play that much most of the week, I usually play on the weekends so depending on the SQ I can do it having fun during that time, but already did like 6 runs in a row a couple of times and It was enough, I need those resources but I will rather farm on arenas on weekend and spend the units on offers
  • Options
    RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★
    I did
    Did them all for the rewards
  • Options
    Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 565 ★★★
    I didn't

This SQ was a real lesson in the benefit to doing it spaced out through the month. The trouble is that so many of us did the first few to unlock Gladiator in Tier 9, ran him on repeat (because we could) to get all the milestones for the objectives, and then stopped because we burnt ourselves out. Then we revisit it later in the month and realise, oh no! I've got 10/15/20 of these things and need to use them - we then either run through them, which became very boring and repetitive, or decided to flag it.

IMO the lesson is that for future iterations of this kind of event, space it out - do at most 2-3 on a day and then leave it a day or so. Just keep it ticking over.

If we had different fights each time you ran it, it would be horrendous for those of us who have to meticulously plan our team and can't just run with a swiss-army-team. Unless the fights were much easier, which would make them boring. I know the first time I ran Tier 8 I had a horrible time and revived several times, but once I reassessed it and revamped my team, I was running it with no revives easily.

Exactly what I need to do next time. 2 days a week do 3 runs, and 1 day a week do 1. Space it out and pace myself and not get burnt trying to do 23 in 5 days.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,312 ★★★★

This SQ was a real lesson in the benefit to doing it spaced out through the month. The trouble is that so many of us did the first few to unlock Gladiator in Tier 9, ran him on repeat (because we could) to get all the milestones for the objectives, and then stopped because we burnt ourselves out. Then we revisit it later in the month and realise, oh no! I've got 10/15/20 of these things and need to use them - we then either run through them, which became very boring and repetitive, or decided to flag it.

IMO the lesson is that for future iterations of this kind of event, space it out - do at most 2-3 on a day and then leave it a day or so. Just keep it ticking over.

If we had different fights each time you ran it, it would be horrendous for those of us who have to meticulously plan our team and can't just run with a swiss-army-team. Unless the fights were much easier, which would make them boring. I know the first time I ran Tier 8 I had a horrible time and revived several times, but once I reassessed it and revamped my team, I was running it with no revives easily.

Very much this. Once I found the correct counters, it wasn't challenging but it took too long.
    Storm Pyramid X's glancing makes it a longer fight then it needs to be; needing to wait out Terrax's rock field makes the fight longer than it needs to be; needing to wait out Unstoppable Colossus' unstoppable makes it a longer fight than it needs to be.

Sure, slap a Slow use or use Valkyrie on UC makes the unstoppable easily ignored, but the size of the healthpool and armor resistance, still results in it feeling like a long fight. When you have to do it 15+ times, it gets extremely boring.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,003 ★★★★★
    Only 2 left.. it was really tedious
  • Options
    DRTODRTO Posts: 1,627 ★★★★★
    I didn't
    I only did the ones up to the cape objective, saw the rest and saw it was basically only relic rewards and decided to pass on it
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,584 ★★★★★
    I didn't
    No way. Rewards were terrible so I just did enough for the major rewards.
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 329 ★★★
    I got a shiny new Adam Warlock out of it from the SQ shards. Only saving grace to a stale-feeling quest. They could have easily given us half the runs and doubled the rewards instead of the daily stuff. Felt like I was logging in for AQ but without a break, lol.
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,106 ★★★★
    I didn't
    I initially thought I was going to need to be fully boosted in order to do them without wasting any revives, so I thought I would wait until I had large sums of them to do.

But with how tedious it is, I spent a few hours yesterday doing it and still had 16 more left over. I was exhausted. Like others have mentioned, especially Terrax and that Storm are just too long of fights.
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 922 ★★★
    I did
    I want stuff so I did it. Always a sucker for SQ crystals and got 3 6* between two accounts, so a win there. My mini got new red mags and Claire so that was so worth it for the account.

I feel so burnt out this month because there were so many things to do and the grind was really tough because it felt like there were no time to chill.

So sick of BG now as well and with next month’s new milestones and resources, I am going to hate it even more. Just wish we have the option to get the rewards in a different game mode. Yeah, yeah, I know the rewards are there to drive participation but there is so much grinding and it take so long to ban, select, fight and wait for your opponents to finish their fights.

TLDR - SQ was tedious and when you factored in all the other objectives this month, it magnifies the pain. I hope you all pulled great champs for your troubles and made great gains to your accounts.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,629 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023
    I did
    I did but this was one of the most tedious SQ's I've ever done and on top of that Glad doesn't even look like he's gonna be top 10 cosmic. Trash SQ, meh champ, had I known they were going to do him dirty like this I would've voted for White Tiger.
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,128 ★★★★
    I did
    I did them all; 12 in the last two days. R5 herc, which I know everyone does not have, R4 diablo and R4 torch made it bearable.

Herc for the first three, torch for mojo, herc for unstoppable. Diablo as back up in case herc died, as he's awesome for the last three fights in a pinch.

Did feel like a slog, but also matched them with hero use quite often over the month.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,263 ★★★★★
    I did
    A bit boring near the end, but I’m not one to leave attainable resources on the table
  • Options
    flapjaxflapjax Posts: 285 ★★★
    I did
    I did the 1 or 2 runs they gave you every day. It wasn't that bad. If I had of kept them all to the end I probably wouldn't have.
  • Options
    MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 691 ★★★
    I didn't
    I'm pretty casual and this is the first month in more than a year that I did the eq and BG so really wasn't interested in spending more time in the game.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,171 ★★★★★
    I did
    I did all of it but haven’t start for my alt account. I used KP for first 3 fights and hulk for last 2. Stun lock mojo and UC made this repetitive sq a bit easier.
  • Options
    Elite13Elite13 Posts: 184
    I didn't
    I did like 2 of them then quit to grind BGs
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    I did
    I did them all. Once I figured out my team it wasn't too bad. I'd do 3 or 4 for a few days, then took a few days off. The first 3 fights were a cake walk, but for some weird reason I have trouble with UC under the best of circumstances, so I didn't love that fight.

• Options
    JMORG1111JMORG1111 Posts: 159
    I did
    They weren't terrible once I found a good team. Shang Chi for QS and UC, Ultron for Storm, Titania for Terrax and Mojo.
  • Options
    WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 825 ★★★
    I didn't
    Found the gladiator (tier 9) fight much easier than UC (tier 8) without any revives
    have 12 keys left but all depends what revives I have left. Not going to spend units (Kasham's way to drain the unit pocket b4 cyber/ black friday) to buy any revives.
    So I'll keep doing that till I run out of revives.
    Plus input issues where parrying UC isn't registering when he's NOT on the Unstoppable node and/or unblockable node, so I gladly quit while ahead and just like others, the rewards and the repetitiveness just isn't worth it.
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,722 ★★★★
    I didn't
    I gave up at tier 7. It was getting too boring and repetitive.