Options

Is Domino the greatest defender ever ??

Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,388 ★★★★★
She troubles the heck outta me even when i use a perfect counter . Time and time again she has proven to be deadly on defence and with crit RNG a godly attacker as well . Share your crazy Domino interactions

Is Domino the greatest defender ever ?? 262 votes

Yes
17%
buffajrFeeney234Mhd20034RasiloverRepto23DRTOIndioSkay1984RockyshockyRookiieFortune_Sham_Luke9523CASrinivasRiderofHellpeixemacacoPowerofpain1001LeoZedAdri5846AzenstarTriclops1224 47 votes
No ( someone else )
82%
PantherusNZCrys23DrZolaVaniteliaBendyLeNoirFaineant2StarKingHort4PerfectExampleTendersquadzuffySIlverProfessorJinxesaxeSpeedbumpGK_23Emil_LimsonTerraGQuantaoHenriqueSCCPKingnaes 215 votes

Comments

• Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,761 ★★★★★

Zuro said:

Definitely one of the most annoying without a counter. Although for me personally it’s gotta be Photon. Too much goes on when fighting her, plus being able to turn off willpower is still insane to me

If she didn’t you’d die to regen reversal be glad she does
    They could've easily taken that part out of her kit, as despair gives her enough regeneration reversal as is. At the end of the day it is what it is I ain't too worried about it cause I usually just ban her🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,229 ★★★★★
    Domino was the greatest defender of all time .. she used to be annoying since her rekease, but now especially with nimrod nd omega sentinel, she's cheese... If you don't have an aar immune, it's impossible to beat her at high health
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,285 ★★★
    Yes
    Voted for Domino, but Thing is the worst defender for me.

Once I won with Spidey Stark against her.

Hope you have him on your roster
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,109 ★★★★★
    No ( someone else )
    Jarvisrei said:

Not that difficult if you can intercept and dex her specials

Without AAR counters it's annoying. I can't count how many times I get dex fail and crit on her sp 1 throw...
    Yeah, true. A bad draft in BG and she’s annoying, I can see that.
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 942 ★★★
    No ( someone else )
    Nimrod = rip in 20 seconds
  • Options
    No ( someone else )
    Shuri, nimrod, and anyone else who is immune to AAR and has 100% abilities all fight her well.
    Jarvisrei said:

Without AAR counters it's annoying. I can't count how many times I get dex fail and crit on her sp 1 throw...
    You only get dex fail while unlucky, so all techs can't have dex fail. Still don't use shocker against Domino since his mediums are basically free crit fails.
  • Options
    spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Posts: 264 ★★
    No ( someone else )
    Kingpin and Thing are bastards to fight without a proper counter. Domino, if you can intercept and time against her you can fare pretty well in anyplace but BG. In BG she's formidable without the right counter.
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,285 ★★★
    Yes
    Just forgot that my Wasp 5* Dupped 12k wins 8 out of 10 fights.
    Some against legends and with about 90% damage.
  • Options
    Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    No ( someone else )
    It's korg and photon
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 860 ★★★★
    No ( someone else )
    Ebony maw for me.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,783 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023
    No ( someone else )
    Gotta be Korg for me. I think I've only ever had one flawless victory over him in BG and that was with my Doom. I just Doom cycled him into oblivion. Unfortunately, that was still a bit too slow and I lost the round. However, most of the time I end up taking way too much damage in all kinds of ways. Since I can't dex his SP1 for the life of me, and it's usually unblockable, he constantly knocks off a lot of my health even when I have someone to counter his thorns damage.

A few kind folks have tried to teach me the way of the SP1 dex but it'll still take some time before I can do it comfortably.
  • Options
    Elite13Elite13 Posts: 184
    No ( someone else )
    My to automatic bans on defense are easily Thing and Kingpin. If anyone has any good counter suggestions for them PLEASE share!
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,761 ★★★★★
    Elite13 said:

My to automatic bans on defense are easily Thing and Kingpin. If anyone has any good counter suggestions for them PLEASE share!

Thing: valk, elsa, kate, herc, kingpin, hit monkey, mantis, masacre

Kingpin: basically anyone that doesn't rely on debuffs for their damage
  • Options
    2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 855 ★★★
    No ( someone else )
    Domino is about patience. Take your time and she is normal.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Yes

That's just wrong but okay
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    No ( someone else )

I freaking hate Attuma, basically a magik 2.0 where you lose plenty of health just by attacking zzz without the proper counter you can easily lose the round in BG even if you played perfectly

I guess I've never fought an Attuma without Kitty? Ever since his introduction I've always fought him with Kitty and had a pretty easy time?
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 671 ★★★★
    No ( someone else )

I freaking hate Attuma, basically a magik 2.0 where you lose plenty of health just by attacking zzz without the proper counter you can easily lose the round in BG even if you played perfectly

I guess I've never fought an Attuma without Kitty? Ever since his introduction I've always fought him with Kitty and had a pretty easy time?
    Congratulations but did you read the part where i said ''without the proper counter''? She can very well be banned for that match or you simply don't have a kitty on your roster
  • Options
    Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 1,008 ★★★★
    No ( someone else )
    Don't even get me started on fighting galan without neutralise champs. Hate him. Atleast fantman kinda works with his 10% dmg cap.
  • Options
    Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 1,008 ★★★★
    No ( someone else )
    Elite13 said:

You don't need counters for either of those champs. Just good matchups.

For thing: pick a champ with good consistent dmg (over burst dmg as thing's protection will tank big hits). Then its just about managing rock stacks, which is fairly easy (count the rock stacks). He throws sp1s quite readily anyway. If you reach 15 stacks before he gets to bar of power, don't panic, just hit his block - dash back - hit block - repeat until he gets to sp1. If he isn't stun immune, you can even parry him while he is unstoppable and land a light attack during the stun (to get him to sp1 quicker).

For Kingpin: pick a champ that does not rely on debuffs for dmg. Then just bait sp1s and intercept. Don't push him to sp2s though, that's probably the only thing to manage in the fight.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,229 ★★★★★
    Elite13 said:

Kingpin is easy, just bait out his sp1.. also bishop nd domino destroy him
  • Options
    No ( someone else )
    Domino is easy. Guardian works very very well against her.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,645 ★★★★★
    No ( someone else )
    I feel like most of the "this champion is the worst, unless you have the perfect counter" arguments are quite funny. Of course champions are *easier* when you bring in another champ designed specifically to counter them. The question was not "is Domino easy when you bring in someone who has abilities specifically designed to negate the most annoying defensive abilities she possesses?"

For me, the most annoying champions are ones (to use a Seatin quote) that deal "fun and interactive damage". It's the fact that your abilities fail unless you bring a handful of counters, then you can take massive damage, that she can evade and counter with lightening speed (and can reduce the ability accuracy of many effects that counter evade), has really respectable damage and other offensive stats, can make your champ lose a ton of abilities/positive stats, has power gain mechanics, and overall just provides an unreliable fight. You can't rely on parries, solid damage, completing a combo, your abilities, not losing tons of hp even when you haven't taken a hit or a blocked hit, etc. She also has some (personally) quick mechanics that are more difficult than most defenders to anticipate or track, especially with the double hit first M (which increases the difficulty of properly timing a parry).

Other honorable mentions include Korg (complex fight, lots of difficult to avoid damage, even if you don't get hit), Man Thing, Sinister, Mephisto, etc. I wouldn't really include the very new champs in an "all time greats" list yet, but Abs man and Spidey supreme might rank up there for me.
    Ercarret said:

Gotta be Korg for me. I think I've only ever had one flawless victory over him in BG and that was with my Doom. I just Doom cycled him into oblivion. Unfortunately, that was still a bit too slow and I lost the round. However, most of the time I end up taking way too much damage in all kinds of ways. Since I can't dex his SP1 for the life of me, and it's usually unblockable, he constantly knocks off a lot of my health even when I have someone to counter his thorns damage.

A few kind folks have tried to teach me the way of the SP1 dex but it'll still take some time before I can do it comfortably.

I only ever got his sp1 dex down because I dexed way earlier than I meant to, but somehow fit perfectly into the proper timing window. Ever since then, I just have gotten into the habit of dashing back (what feels like) basically as soon as he finishes his first kick. The animations of the energy blasts are totally unhelpful for timing it out.

Lol it's much more like Electro than Magik.
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    No ( someone else )

Congratulations but did you read the part where i said ''without the proper counter''? She can very well be banned for that match or you simply don't have a kitty on your roster
    Sorry what I actually meant by that was that Kitty is my only decently ranked Mutants so I use her for A LOT of my content, meaning that ive generally never fought Attuma with anyone other than Kitty and didn't realize he was a tough defender.

My bad if that came across totally differently.