Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

What Happened to Synergies(Kabam was Embarrassed)

DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Posts: 459 ★★★
Well we know why the deep dive dropped the synergies section of the video. Seriously they were embarrassed with what they were able to come up with. These synergies stink :s look at werewolf by nights synergies.....laughable. Come on guys you can do better than that. Idk about others but what I’m usually most hyped about with new champs are there unique bonus to older champs. Please @Kabam Miike

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,269 ★★★★★
    ShoNuff29 said:

I was hopeful for the synergies this month. Thought they were the perfect champs to give Elsa n Blade a little more spice to basically update them to present day levels. Especially Blade cuz he never gets synergies... But nope 😔

How does Elsa need updated to the present? Literally on my Attack Team everyday.
  • Options

ShoNuff29 said:

I was hopeful for the synergies this month. Thought they were the perfect champs to give Elsa n Blade a little more spice to basically update them to present day levels. Especially Blade cuz he never gets synergies... But nope 😔

How does Elsa need updated to the present? Literally on my Attack Team everyday.
    She can’t be compared to the top 5 skills tho :(
    Elsa is considered by some to be a top 5 skill.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

ShoNuff29 said:

“Some”.....with the right synergy it could be “all”
  • Options
    Zuro said:

ShoNuff29 said:

Okay? Not every champ in the game can be top 5
    Never said they could....I said she can’t be compared to them
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,055 ★★★

Elsa only behind kingpin now imo making her a top 2

For BGS, General Questing

“I think you mean me….although, I do appreciate you being in MY synergy pool. Also love the stake stilettos, girl!” - Kate B.
  • Options

Well we know why the deep dive dropped the synergies section of the video. Seriously they were embarrassed with what they were able to come up with. These synergies stink :s look at werewolf by nights synergies.....laughable. Come on guys you can do better than that.

This comment right here is exactly why the Deep Dive no longer includes synergies.

How long do you think it takes to put those Deep Dives together? To get all that footage, editing, voice-over. To make sure it's clean and crisp? That's just for the core footage, then you have to do fights that will specifically showcase the synergies. Only to have comments go "That's what you came up with?!?!"

That alone is pretty discouraging.

Synergies were never meant to be so fundamental anyway, which is a trend we've started to see. We've started to see Kabam moving away from buffing old champions through synergies, or completely empowering people and changing aspects of their kit. Which is actually a good thing. Yes, there are a couple diamonds in the rough that stand out - like Absorbing Man and Immortal Abomination, he becomes poison immune. My god, what an add on an already OP character. But those aren't supposed to be the focus of the kit or character. It's not supposed to be what gets us super excited.

The Deep Dive focuses on the core kit of the character. Gives us detail but not everything.
    Did I like the synergy aspect of the videos? Yes. But if all that effort of including it became no longer worth it because people only ever took it as an opportunity to be toxic - yeah, I can understand why they removed it.

I don’t care what the synergies do to the brand new champs it’s about the other partner. Since the buff program as been the slowest it’s ever been, synergies provided a consistent bonus to older champs to keep up with these new banger releases. Also the deep dive vids can’t be too tough to put together.......come on have you seen karatemikes newer content the man can prolly make the deep dive 100% himself!
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,757 ★★★★★

Zuro said:

ShoNuff29 said:

Okay? Not every champ in the game can be top 5
    Never said they could....I said she can’t be compared to them
    Okay? Knull can't be compared to Herc does that mean he needs to be updated to the present too? Not every champ has to be top contender for their class to be deemed as good or not.
  • Options

Pikolu said:

ShoNuff29 said:

“Some”.....with the right synergy it could be “all”
    That's the thing though, if everyone likes it, then it isn't staying for likely being too OP. We're already very lucky the Agent Venom trinity is still in the game.
  • Options
    ShoNuff29ShoNuff29 Posts: 418 ★★★

ShoNuff29 said:

That’s you. that’s not 99% of the player base. I like Elsa. She’s fun, BUT, she could definitely use a bump.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,269 ★★★★★
    ShoNuff29 said:

ShoNuff29 said:

That’s you. that’s not 99% of the player base. I like Elsa. She’s fun, BUT, she could definitely use a bump.
    I'd like to know how you're speaking about 99% of the Player base. Also, she's more than fun. She's utility and good Damage. Without getting into the "Top 5" debate, I'm willing to wager that the data shows she's on the upper end.
  • Options
    ShoNuff29 said:

Pikolu said:

ShoNuff29 said:

Kate Bishop, Nick Fury, Kingpin, Shang, Falcon, Zemo, Black Cat and Mole God… and probably/arguably BWDO and Crossbones too… Elsa’s very cool, but if someone has her as Top 5 Skill, it’s just bcuz they have fun with her, not because she is.
    If you're bad at quick release or don't like it, Kate isn't going to make your top 5. If you don't run deep wounds, then NF won't likely be on your top 5.

There is no universal top 5 Champions because all require specific skillsets to use. If you can't capitalize on that skillset, then you definitely shouldn't be using that champion. Also fun should take the lions share of priority when determining your own top 5 of a class. While I personally don't use Elsa, I recognize my friends that live and breathe Elsa and absolutely love her. She really isn't that bad of a champion and I've seen great things done with her.
  • Options
    ShoNuff29ShoNuff29 Posts: 418 ★★★
    Pikolu said:

ShoNuff29 said:

Pikolu said:

ShoNuff29 said:

Kate Bishop, Nick Fury, Kingpin, Shang, Falcon, Zemo, Black Cat and Mole God… and probably/arguably BWDO and Crossbones too… Elsa’s very cool, but if someone has her as Top 5 Skill, it’s just bcuz they have fun with her, not because she is.
    If you're bad at quick release or don't like it, Kate isn't going to make your top 5. If you don't run deep wounds, then NF won't likely be on your top 5.

There is no universal top 5 Champions because all require specific skillsets to use. If you can't capitalize on that skillset, then you definitely shouldn't be using that champion. Also fun should take the lions share of priority when determining your own top 5 of a class. While I personally don't use Elsa, I recognize my friends that live and breathe Elsa and absolutely love her. She really isn't that bad of a champion and I've seen great things done with her.
    I agree, but that’s also why I named like 10… but you see I’ve also made sure to repeatedly say that I LIKE Elsa…I think she’s in a decent spot by herself, but I think she could be useful to others with a really solid synergy. Not looking to force one that doesn’t make sense, but with a vampire entering the game, seems like a natural fit and a chance to add some sauce. I thought Kraven coming into the game and then not having a hunter synergy was another missed opportunity.

I love synergies that give us reasons to play with more champions. I also think that, with more effort put into synergies, you could also create some really interesting content challenges.
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,090 ★★★★★

Well we know why the deep dive dropped the synergies section of the video. Seriously they were embarrassed with what they were able to come up with. These synergies stink :s look at werewolf by nights synergies.....laughable. Come on guys you can do better than that.

This comment right here is exactly why the Deep Dive no longer includes synergies.

How long do you think it takes to put those Deep Dives together? To get all that footage, editing, voice-over. To make sure it's clean and crisp? That's just for the core footage, then you have to do fights that will specifically showcase the synergies. Only to have comments go "That's what you came up with?!?!"

Synergies were never meant to be so fundamental anyway, which is a trend we've started to see. We've started to see Kabam moving away from buffing old champions through synergies, or completely empowering people and changing aspects of their kit. Which is actually a good thing. Yes, there are a couple diamonds in the rough that stand out - like Absorbing Man and Immortal Abomination, he becomes poison immune. My god, what an add on an already OP character. But those aren't supposed to be the focus of the kit or character. It's not supposed to be what gets us super excited.

The Deep Dive focuses on the core kit of the character. Gives us detail but not everything.
    Did I like the synergy aspect of the videos? Yes. But if all that effort of including it became no longer worth it because people only ever took it as an opportunity to be toxic - yeah, I can understand why they removed it.

I don’t care what the synergies do to the brand new champs it’s about the other partner. Since the buff program as been the slowest it’s ever been, synergies provided a consistent bonus to older champs to keep up with these new banger releases. Also the deep dive vids can’t be too tough to put together.......come on have you seen karatemikes newer content the man can prolly make the deep dive 100% himself!
    These videos are extremely tough to put together, and it's very time-consuming. It's basically a full-time job, and Karate Mike does it all himself.

We want to work on other content that players might find useful, including more educational pieces. Those also take time, so that means cutting down on the content that people aren't watching. We don't like cutting down on content, but when we have to, we choose the content that the fewest people are watching or engaging with, and that means the synergies segment of Deep Dives, which had a pretty significant drop in retention compared to the videos without them.

Also, you can find that stuff in the Champion Spotlight that goes live usually a day or two after the video.
    Would you consider having Mike not sound like a car salesman during the DD videos? His normal voice used in his own content is superior.
    Probably wants to keep his natural self unique for his own content, and the more enthusiastic salesman vibe for showcasing champions
  • Options
    Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 402 ★★★
    Anyone else remember when they first implemented unique synergies and the community was upset that synergies now affected the champion's kit, not just little stat boosts? How the tables have turned
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,398 ★★★★★
    Ackbar67 said:

Anyone else remember when they first implemented unique synergies and the community was upset that synergies now affected the champion's kit, not just little stat boosts? How the tables have turned

Very true.

On the other hand there have been many years now of interesting synergies that augment champions; and quite a lot of examples of buffing old champions with a synergy.

Given that Blade is an old champion, who could use a boost (but definitely doesn't need a full rework), a synergy that was at least interesting for him would have been nice. Maybe a Miss counter, or the Ability to activate Danger Sense by punishing Special Attacks, or something.

But reducing ability power rate by stacking bleeds? Not actually something he's all that good at, unless you're the God of reparrying and have five points in Deep Wounds.

I particularly feel for Punisher, though.

One of the original champs in the game, his access to the Tormented Souls and United by Chance synergies doesn't even kick in until he's been 'killed' and is on 1hp. So for him to benefit from them he has to literally die and will get the benefits in subsequent fights, if you use healing potions to actually make him useable again.

At least the It's Alive synergy gives him something; but again, the benefits only kick in when you reach that almost-dead phase that most skilled champions will largely avoid like the plague...
  • Options

These videos are extremely tough to put together, and it's very time-consuming. It's basically a full-time job, and Karate Mike does it all himself.

We want to work on other content that players might find useful, including more educational pieces. Those also take time, so that means cutting down on the content that people aren't watching. We don't like cutting down on content, but when we have to, we choose the content that the fewest people are watching or engaging with, and that means the synergies segment of Deep Dives, which had a pretty significant drop in retention compared to the videos without them.

Also, you can find that stuff in the Champion Spotlight that goes live usually a day or two after the video.
    I had no clue Mikey did it all himself....props to him! Seriously though can we have some more strong synergies. I love playing around with forgotten champs because a cool synergy brought them back to life!
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,559 ★★★★
    IMO Kabam have missed two golden opportunities to add awesome (like agent venom awesome) synergies to both Wolverine via Lady D and now Blade via Morbius

Let’s start with what I think Lady D should have offered Wolverine.

Wolverine: inflict Rupture and Critical Rupture instead of bleed and critical bleed when fighting bleed immune champs.

This would have made Wolverine very good against Tech class Robots for example.
    (Also this synergy is currently made available by Wiccan for Hawkeye)

Now here’s what I think Morbius should have offered Blade.

Blade: Danger sense bonuses expand to include all Hero champs. Etc etc

or if Kabam was really brave

Blade sig ability: When below 70% Health, Blades healing factor allows him to recover XXXX health for the cost of XX.X to XX.X% of a Bar of power per second + apply on the opponent a degen of 50% of the health recovered.

Separately, Blade does need a buff. At a minimum his Danger Sense should trigger 25% of the time Blade receives a damaging Debuff.
  • Options
    MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    If you look at Morb’s abilities that synergy with Elsa is pretty nice. It’ll give you extra time on bleeds which power your kit. The same with the Blade synergy. Bleeds on parry mean more bleeds which means faster ramp. They aren’t game changing for Elsa or Blade but I think they will be nice to have with Morbius. Also I think the torment will be nice for Elsa too. Wish it was longer but it’s not bad for her.