Options

Are you kidding with the 7* pool Kabam???

Comments

• Options
    KRACETOSKRACETOS Posts: 76
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Another installment of "Forum user cannot read before posting"

The sad part is that Miike legitimately made a comment addressing this very thing like, two or three days ago when he was talking about their decision to not publicize the Black Iso Market update.

He commented that no matter how much advanced notice they give, or how much effort they make to notify people, it will still be missed and people will still complain.

Now, ignoring the differences between the Sigil Store update and this scenario; clearly, this thread proves the core principle of Miike's point.

Truly sitcom level of comedic timing
    Yes but this shouldn't be license to simply not communicate. "Well they are gonna complain anyway so lets simply not give notice." Rather, they should approach it as "well we got 150 complaints with a 30 day notice. Lets try a 45 day with a 15 day reminder and see if we can't get that number down."

They should use metrics and adjust.
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,090 ★★★★★
    Tough break. Feel bad for ya, i aint know either that this was what they intended. They should have reminders, months in advance is bound to have someone forget
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,266 ★★★★★
    KRACETOS said:

KRACETOS said:

Pikolu said:

KRACETOS said:

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear about the timing on this, but this has been very clearly communicated time and time again as how the Titan pool works. It's been in most every communication on 7-Star Champion acquisition, including videos, live streams, and the very first post we made about 7-Stars that was shared in-game, and everywhere else we could.

Every two months, a new pool of 6 Champions will enter the Titan Crystal, and one of the pools of 6 Champions will rotate out of the crystal into the Base Pool.

This is from this post here, that we shared in-game: https://playcontestofchampions.com/news/7-star-champions/
    I've been present and listened to every live stream and it was not clear. Not everyone reads every forum post.

It would be great to get some in game mail with important things like this.
    Reading is hard apparently

It is still frustrating that the only way to obtain this kind of information is to watch a live stream or dig into forum posts. The fact that you can't have transparent and clear visibility on these types of things in-game is very frustrating.

Why not have like a champion calendar tab in-game to see this. Or even in-game mail to provide notice. I can't imagine how infuriating it must be for players that may not have access to the forums or the bandwidth to watch a live stream.
    We sent this out in-game via in-game mail. We can't fit all of that text into an in-game message, so we link out to Blog Posts.
    I'd love to know the email we received in-game about the titan crystal, as I do not recall a single one. Perhaps you may be referring to a more generalized email that didn't refer to anything specific and directed you to a blog that covered a large umbrella of information that might have included this...

Look, I'm not trying to be argumentative here or beat a dead horse but consider the authorial intent that I'm trying to convey. You have a player that has attended every live stream, participates in all corners of the contest, and tries to skim through forum posts about upcoming updates and even I missed this MASSIVE piece of news or didn't miss it but it was communicated in such a way that it did not stand out enough for me to even acknowledged its existence.

You can't be expected to impact 100% of the player base and have the retention of every bit of information every time. I get that. But I'd love some consideration about making things like this clearer in-game.

A champion rotation calendar where you could have timers on their profile pics, would be amazing, and seemingly very easy to do. Or an in-game email that can be nearly automated and copy-paste can go out saying "Next Month's upcoming Crystal Updates".

Additional in-game communication is always welcomed by the player base and the resources for such can't in good conscious have have any reasonable argument against it.
    We all pull something we didn't want. It's part of the game. There's no escaping it with an RNG-based Reward system. I'm sorry you're not happy with your pull, but taking it out on the team isn't going to help.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,805 ★★★★★
    I mean anyone that's been playing this game for any lengthy amount of time know that that basic crystals update regularly. If you've been playing for a long time you know how 5 and 6* basics use to update when they were new too. You can't be mad or surprised when the 7* updates slowly but still updates. They don't really need to announce it, it'll happen sooner or later.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,576 ★★★★★
    KRACETOS said:

Pikolu said:

KRACETOS said:

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear about the timing on this, but this has been very clearly communicated time and time again as how the Titan pool works. It's been in most every communication on 7-Star Champion acquisition, including videos, live streams, and the very first post we made about 7-Stars that was shared in-game, and everywhere else we could.

Every two months, a new pool of 6 Champions will enter the Titan Crystal, and one of the pools of 6 Champions will rotate out of the crystal into the Base Pool.

This is from this post here, that we shared in-game: https://playcontestofchampions.com/news/7-star-champions/
    I've been present and listened to every live stream and it was not clear. Not everyone reads every forum post.

Why not have like a champion calendar tab in-game to see this.
    I like this idea.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,325 ★★★★
    7* Titan Crystal is like the Featured Crystals … you can get Champs early, that’s it. And that’s public since June? You should have known.
  • Options
    Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 978 ★★★★
    Ngl I didn't know about the exact timeline either, and ended up opening a 7* last week. Would have held it if I knew tbh. It is what it is. Eh.
  • Options
    (“beating a dead horse”)

I never saw the LiveStream itself, but had seen plenty of follow-up discussions in the Forums here afterwards.
    As well as various provided ScreenCaps from the LiveStream, as well as subsequent filled-in blanks in the CHART/PIC shown high up in this thread, provided by others who did see the LiveStream and subsequent InfoGraphic submissions up here.

And myself had subsequently provided re-copies of those InfoGraphics, as well as description text of how (and WHEN) the aspects of Titan Crystals will work.
    As well as numerous others who have provided such similar follow up into the numerous new threads that were being created asking about this in the weeks that followed.
    In any thread that was inquiring how Titan Crystal was gonna work, that information was readily provided by many of the people up here (not just Mods) into all of those threads.

———
    But SECONDLY, although you got Stryfe, which now is part of BASIC crystal, you opened it as a TITAN I’m assuming in order to have a chance at various of the Titan set at that time, NOT just Stryfe.
    This includes 6 choices which were decided on by Community as to who they wanted included in there (those are STILL EXCLUSIVE to the Titan, until 2 months from now).
    As well as 4 of 6 in the final/third set of original Titan champs that were BRAND NEW champs.

If you say you could have just waiting until now, and opened the BASIC, and get Stryfe, as if Stryfe was the ONLY one you were interested in and hoped to get, seems wrong.

A better argument might have been you missed out on the chance at “6 NEWER” champs that have just become available in Titan, as opposed to those 1st Column set of mostly older champs. But that's not what was being argued by you.
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,097 ★★★
    I was actually more frustrated that instead of getting newer champs 6 of the 12 added champs were the “exclusive” brutal challenge champs.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,114 ★★★★★
    See OP has a point... If they are adding a champ from titan to basic pool, they can send a ingame email... It costs none.
  • Options
    Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Posts: 677 ★★★★
    Only thing I'd maybe like is if the Titan Crystal had a timer like the current featured, so it's easier to keep track of when it resets
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    KRACETOS said:

Pikolu said:

KRACETOS said:

Hey there,

It is still frustrating that the only way to obtain this kind of information is to watch a live stream or dig into forum posts. The fact that you can't have transparent and clear visibility on these types of things in-game is very frustrating.

Why not have like a champion calendar tab in-game to see this. Or even in-game mail to provide notice. I can't imagine how infuriating it must be for players that may not have access to the forums or the bandwidth to watch a live stream.
    My man started out the conversation with "I've watched every livestream" to be presented with livestream proof to say livestream and forums are a bad way for info, to be shown that an in game mail came out with the info also. Yikes.

This information is one of the few times they pumped out the info on basically all avenues. Yet you still complain, I hate people.
  • Options
    flapjaxflapjax Posts: 285 ★★★
    edited October 2023
    I mean, there's nothing in game that says what the next Featured Crystal for 6 stars is going to contain. There also isn't any indication on when 6 stars will be added to the basic pool, right?

Even if they sent an ingame mail, people would complain "well who reads the mail they send us so much!".

An ingame mail wouldn't hurt, but honestly I'm a little surprised someone who can pull a Titan is this uninformed on how they work when they claim to pay attention to the live streams, and every other day a question is asked on here or Reddit about the pool being updated.

Also, I remember the schedule being on the official site under the Titan crystal, so it's not like it's hidden information.
  • Options
    Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,030 ★★★★
    Bro pretends he didn't know the Titan crystal champs eventually goes into the basics
  • Options
    __SF____SF__ Posts: 288 ★★
    @Pikolu do u have the list of the new Titan crystal pool?
  • Options

Only thing I'd maybe like is if the Titan Crystal had a timer like the current featured, so it's easier to keep track of when it resets

AGREE
    That would actually be a good addition, and would help those who really do not know that it changes (or when it changes).

(but still won’t be able to tell you WHO the new additions would be, they don’t do that for other Features either, except for knowing who the new-released scheduled additions would be, but not any other “older” additions).

(Also curious, but I think I know, if you buy it BEFORE it changes, but do NOT open it, does it remain as-is as of the time you BOUGHT it ? I assume it does remain as-is, so yes, technically it would be a different crystal when it changes every 2 months. So would justify having a TIMER on top of it like the Featured ones do)
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,559 ★★★★★
    While I can’t empathize with OP’s complaint, I wish the communication had been a little clearer with respect to the Legends 7* selector champs going into basic at the same time (as well as the actual date in October that happened).

It would be hard to miss the message that the basic pool expansion would occur in October, but the specifics and the timing were pieces of info I also missed. Were they in the livestream? In-game messaging? A forums post?

It also seems reasonable to assume the pool would update with the October 4 update—perhaps reiterating that with the update announcement would be helpful.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Posts: 123 ★★
    While OP’s original complaint may or may not resonate with the rest of us, the solution they propose of a champion calendar that shows which champs are available where would be a very nice feature. With the explosion of crystal types, the complexity of the seven star pool and just the sheer number of champs, it would be nice to have all of that info in one place that can easily referenced.

For example, I wondered today “Is Adam Warlock in the basic six star pool yet?”

Failed steps taken to try and find out:
    1) searched the forums (tried several different search strings)
    2) Looked at Champion News on the main Kabam site
    3) read the patch notes for the update
    4) searched google (you just end up in the SEO hellscape of outdated third party MCOC “guide” sites)
    5) checked Cat Murdock’s Twitter feed

I still can’t confirm whether he is or isn’t in the basic crystal, so I will assume he’s not. The point of this comment is not to say it’s impossible to find out — I’m sure someone will quickly point me to the right post, or livestream summary or whatever. The point is that it should be easier. This is important info, make it a simple to find reference.
  • Options
    KRACETOSKRACETOS Posts: 76
    edited October 2023

While OP’s original complaint may or may not resonate with the rest of us, the solution they propose of a champion calendar that shows which champs are available where would be a very nice feature. With the explosion of crystal types, the complexity of the seven star pool and just the sheer number of champs, it would be nice to have all of that info in one place that can easily referenced.

4) searched google (you just end up in the SEO hellscape of outdated third party MCOC “guide” sites)

I still can’t confirm whether he is or isn’t in the basic crystal, so I will assume he’s not. The point of this comment is not to say it’s impossible to find out — I’m sure someone will quickly point me to the right post, or livestream summary or whatever. The point is that it should be easier. This is important info, make it a simple to find reference.

• Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,446 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

KRACETOS said:

Kabam Jax said:

KRACETOS said:

KRACETOS said:

Pikolu said:

KRACETOS said:

Hey there,

We sent this out in-game via in-game mail. We can't fit all of that text into an in-game message, so we link out to Blog Posts.
    I'd love to know the email we received in-game about the titan crystal, as I do not recall a single one. Perhaps you may be referring to a more generalized email that didn't refer to anything specific and directed you to a blog that covered a large umbrella of information that might have included this...

Look, I'm not trying to be argumentative here or beat a dead horse but consider the authorial intent that I'm trying to convey. You have a player that has attended every live stream, participates in all corners of the contest, and tries to skim through forum posts about upcoming updates and even I missed this MASSIVE piece of news or didn't miss it but it was communicated in such a way that it did not stand out enough for me to even acknowledged its existence.

You can't be expected to impact 100% of the player base and have the retention of every bit of information every time. I get that. But I'd love some consideration about making things like this clearer in-game.

A champion rotation calendar where you could have timers on their profile pics, would be amazing, and seemingly very easy to do. Or an in-game email that can be nearly automated and copy-paste can go out saying "Next Month's upcoming Crystal Updates".

Additional in-game communication is always welcomed by the player base and the resources for such can't in good conscious have have any reasonable argument against it.
    I just think that "additional in-game communication" will also be missed. If we communicated it in 4 places already... what's to say the 5th will take?
    "The 5th" should be "The 1st".

The game itself is the only place you can guarantee every player has access. I'm amazed at the amount of player base that doesn't access the forums, or rely on content creators to bring important information about the game that just isn't accessible in the game itself.

But I digress. Apparently yes, this was communicated and I completely missed the 4 mediums.

Let this be a feature request or an idea submission then. As I mention to Miike,

I think a very low resource intensive quality of life improvement could be a simple automated email or even update (the communication that cant be deleted by players) to the affect of "Upcoming Cyrstal Update" that goes out each month. To help players plan ahead and better manage their resources. Or even a simple "Champion Update Calendar" in the same place as the other calendars.

I have most people disagree with my post and that's fine. But recently it can't be denied that things being sprung on players without notice is a recurring theme. And I even think Miike sent out a message that there is no amount of notice that will satisfy all of the player base. But that statement shouldn't be a crutch to lean on to simply not address that strides can be made.

Even 30 day notices would be great. I don't think a single player would be upset with a "Hello summoners, next month's update will include changes to the Black Market Store" or something to that affect.

I get some things can't be spoiled and you'd like us to have surprises. But things like this the players would welcome communication.
    Ok. We'll take it into consideration.
    Jax is the best. He could easily have said "We're already doing more than we're fairly compensated for and you want us to more than that cause you couldn't figure out what everyone else did?" but he wouldn't, cause he's a good guy. The best, even.

We as a community can be better. If we see that changes are coming to crystals because we read it/saw it/heard it/skimmed game files, we shouldn't assume everyone will figure it out. Post/spam CHANGES TO CRYSTAL CHAMPS on the official board, reddit, slack, line, discord, your twitch/youtube/onlyfans stream, what have you. DM summoners who may be interested in such things but may not have figured life out. Search then out in-game, friend them and remind them. Spam global. If you see them IRL, grab them and yell THE CRYSTAL CHAMPS BE CHANGIN SOON BRO.

We too can make a difference.
  • Options
    M0NKEYNUTSM0NKEYNUTS Posts: 99

Frontline MCOC usually has anticipated dates for champs being added to basic pool.

https://frontlinemcoc.home.blog/entering-the-basic-pool/