Options

Viv still taking crit failure

I thought viv wasn't going to get crit failure from new buff ? Am still getting all the time ?

Comments

• Options
    Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Posts: 315 ★★★
    Why wouldn't she have crit failure? Her buff was primarily just a value/numbers buff, not a full overhaul or anything.
  • Options
    SquammoSquammo Posts: 449 ★★★
    Was it just a domino or were there any nodes that increase ability accuracy?
  • Options
    KingnaesKingnaes Posts: 65
    She won't take crit failure if there's no other node that can increase Domino's chance to activate CF beyond 120% ie like "defender has +50% defensive ability". So now it's 150% CF > 120% for Viv AA
  • Options
    SamanunSamanun Posts: 630 ★★★
    She's not immune to aa reduction
  • Options
    Samanun said:

She's not immune to aa reduction

Her base abilities also should be 125% just to counteract Domino though
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Kingnaes said:

She won't take crit failure if there's no other node that can increase Domino's chance to activate CF beyond 120% ie like "defender has +50% defensive ability". So now it's 150% CF > 120% for Viv AA

That's not how crit failure or chance works. Domino will have an increased chance to apply the AAR, but the potency of it will remain the same
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    By any chance do you have unfazed
  • Options
    CirrusCirrus Posts: 87
    Squammo said:

Was it just a domino or were there any nodes that increase ability accuracy?

Was a duel no nodes . But video explained it that you shouldn't get it unless domino is super lucky where as I'm getting all the time
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,411 ★★★★★
    Cirrus said:

I thought viv wasn't going to get crit failure from new buff ? Am still getting all the time ?

Does viv vision,by chance, have any ability whose aar is below 100%? In that case she definitely crit fails. You see Archangel is immune to AAR but he recieves crit damage because he only have 25% chance to inflict bleed on heavy. So whenever he naturally fails to apply bleed (75% of the time), he gets crit fail. That's how it works
  • Options

Why wouldn't she have crit failure? Her buff was primarily just a value/numbers buff, not a full overhaul or anything.

She should now have 125% base ability accuracy
  • Options

• Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    And to piggyback on that, more is not all. Parry is 100% to work (85 with domino) so it will crit fail
  • Options
    Watch the grass mcoc video on yt about vivs buff .
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

And to piggyback on that, more is not all. Parry is 100% to work (85 with domino) so it will crit fail

Don't use parry with viv I phase it
  • Options
    Can anyone help on this ?
  • Options
    nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
    edited October 2023
    Maybe by any chance u blocked hit from Domino special? Shuri has similar thing, her ability accuracy can’t be modified but if she blocks Dominos special and that triggers Critical Failure
  • Options
    I'm getting it from first couple of hits on her after I phase first attack from her .. ? It seems to be triggering every combo
  • Options
    All videos I have seen from after buff no one is getting it? Im playing her same way.
  • Options
    Now comes really silly question, have u updated the game to the newest version?
  • Options
    Of course lol
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Where are you fighting that Domino at? What are the nodes?
  • Options
    Duel/ practice no nodes
  • Options
    Well I don’t know to be fair. I just did the practice match with Viv against Domino and she was not triggering Critical Failure once.
  • Options
    Yeah I have no idea ? That's why I've been trying to get some help ?
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 780 ★★★★
    Cirrus said:

Yeah I have no idea ? That's why I've been trying to get some help ?

Have you looked at all your masteries? Some of them do weird things with ability accuracy. That’s the only thing I can think of that would impact only you in a practice fight.

It could be one of your masteries working for domino also.
  • Options
    Thanks , will also look into that