Did the 7* basic crystal become better or worse with the addition of the 12 new champions?

NuclearNuclear Member Posts: 26
Do you think that Kabam made the 7* crystal worse by adding Odin, Attuma, Mr. Negative, Guardian, Stryfe, Sorcerer Supreme and the 6 champions from the selector (Red Goblin, Emma Frost, Ebony Maw, Sam Wilson, Black Panther and Ant-Man?
While the Titan crystal has definetly become much better due to the chances of pulling a featured champion or a pretty good champion increasing, what are your thoughts on all the other ones being dumped into the basic 7* crystal making the chances of pulling a decent champion being decreased by a big margin?

Comments

• PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,346 Guardian
    Depends on if you wanted to dupe a champion in the old base pool. I say the base pool is better. Got stryfe and maybe now I'll actually do the mutant abyss carina challenge.
  • NuclearNuclear Member Posts: 26
    WOLF_LINK said:

Basic Crystal is Basic Crystal … the most Basic Crystal you could open for a certain rarity. It will have almost all Champs sooner or later, have fun pulling something specific out of a 200+ pool then.

Right now Crystal is still solid imo.

Yes, I understand that sooner or later the basic 7* will be full and more available but as of this moment it really feels like the 7* basic has been poisoned a bit. Might just be me being salty that I pulled Black Panther :#
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    I agree, the basic pool is worse now. I wouldn't mind Odin, Attuma, Negative or Guardian but the rest is garbage.
    I am however a lot more excited for my first Titan now than I was before, the only duds in that pool are Colossus and Hype in my opinion and that's only because they really need that awakening not because they're actually bad champs overall.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,825 ★★★★★
    Try not to be salty, then. Classic Black Panther is a lot of fun after his rework a while back. His bleed damage really shines; although you might want the dupe for utility. The Infuriate he gets from his Hercules synergy is really useful, since he benefits from intercepting a lot.
    https://youtu.be/U06nAljMH0o?si=005TaO4A9_58NDnY
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,097 ★★★★★
    Better, though I did just pull my 2nd guilly99 dupe out of the 10 champions that I have
  • ManbatnManbatn Member Posts: 71
    I still keep getting the same two champs out of it.
  • mbracembrace Member Posts: 883 ★★★
    My alliance mate is pretty happy after pulling and then duping a 7* Guardian.
  • Manup456Manup456 Member Posts: 891 ★★★★
    It got worse this round but this was eventually gonna happen just like every basic crystal. It will go up and down as they keep adding in champs.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,487 ★★★★★

I agree, the basic pool is worse now. I wouldn't mind Odin, Attuma, Negative or Guardian but the rest is garbage.
    I am however a lot more excited for my first Titan now than I was before, the only duds in that pool are Colossus and Hype in my opinion and that's only because they really need that awakening not because they're actually bad champs overall.

Hyperion doesn't need the Dup, and he's far from a dud.
    edited October 2023

I have a 6* r4 (he was my third r4), I used him a lot both unduped and duped, unduped his furies and power gain expire too fast which results in fights being too long. I also very clearly said "not a bad champ overall", all I said was "he's not good without the dupe". Maybe he won't be as slow as a 7* but he absolutely needs the dupe to be insane, I don't know what you're on about lol.
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,891 ★★★★★

I have a 6* r4 (he was my third r4), I used him a lot both unduped and duped, unduped his furies and power gain expire too fast which results in fights being too long. I also very clearly said "not a bad champ overall", all I said was "he's not good without the dupe". Maybe he won't be as slow as a 7* but he absolutely needs the dupe to be insane, I don't know what you're on about lol.
    I’d agree, with the only caveat being that Odin prefight can help a bit with unduped Hypo.

If you wanted to be really crazy, you could use the Cosmic Supremacy synergy with Ronan/BB/KK to increase buff duration.

Otherwise, awakened Hypo much better.

Dr. Zola
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,938 ★★★★★
    I got og BP and he was actually pretty helpful in the Carina 7v7 so that was nice.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,399 ★★★★★
    IMO almost any of the 7s champs are a great pull, considering their attack, health and combat power rate.

Anyway, that pool will only get bigger and start to resemble the 6s pool, so deal with it.

Pulled this guy and I was very upset

Tried him out in TB EQ with no synergies expecting to see garbage numbers and...

Yeah... I swear I'll never judge a 7* again unless I actually have them, I no longer agree with op 🥴
  • ArmageddønArmageddøn Member Posts: 823 ★★★
    When will the current Titan pool rotate to 7* basic and new champs get added to the Titan pool? Is there any date?
  • ZuroZuro Member Posts: 2,842 ★★★★★

When will the current Titan pool rotate to 7* basic and new champs get added to the Titan pool? Is there any date?

Every 2 months so in December