This has to be a mistake…

SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Member Posts: 1,314 ★★★★★
edited October 2023 in General Discussion
Why is Zemo’s sp3 damage increase the same across all rarities? I knew his sp3 just felt weak the higher I ranked him, did the team forget to add the scaling on this ability @Kabam Miike @DNA3000 ?

Ascended 6 star vs r1 4 star…

Comments

• ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,309 ★★★★★
    Seems like it could be right to me since it adds off of the base attack of Zemo.
  • SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Member Posts: 1,314 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023
    ahmynuts said:

Seems like it could be right to me since it adds off of the base attack of Zemo.

What? It has nothing to do with base attack, his base attack is different between rarities.

Edit: why even say that, do you think the base attack of a 4 star is identical to the one of a 6 star?
  • SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Member Posts: 1,314 ★★★★★

From what I can tell (based on other discussions around scaling and combat power rating), it seems that the design team tends to work out what they want a maxed 5/65 6* champion to deliver; and they code/scale to achieve that.

This can lead to situations where a 2* or 3* champion seems unbelievably powerful; but they 'scale poorly' from the perspective of the players. For example, you'll find plenty of YouTube examples of Lady Deathstrike dealing incredible Rupture DoT as a 2* but much less good as a 6*. There's a thread here where it's discussed: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/343699/lady-deathstrike-s-scaling-problem/p1

So my presumption is that: the flat+600 bonus is what they want the 6* to have. And it's not going to change for anyone.

If anything were to change, the flat bonus would stay the same as a 6*, but decrease for lower rarities.

Since there's little to gain by nerfing lower rarities, and making the community unhappy, I'd expect this to remain as it is.

Yeah Deathstrike’s scaling is whack aswell, only going to get worse in the future especially since she’s a 7 star.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Member Posts: 4,615 ★★★★★
    When kabam reads the word mistake:

edited October 2023

ahmynuts said:

What? It has nothing to do with base attack, his base attack is different between rarities.

Edit: why even say that, do you think the base attack of a 4 star is identical to the one of a 6 star?
    No i said the exact opposite of that lmfao
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,422 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

Why does it have to increase with rarity? Is there some rule being broken? Feels like a design decision. Anyway when I use Zemo I never throw the sp3 on purpose.
    edited October 2023

ahmynuts said:

Why does it have to increase with rarity? Is there some rule being broken? Feels like a design decision. Anyway when I use Zemo I never throw the sp3 on purpose.
    Because it doesn't have to it was obviously designed this way as a flat increase off of the scaling base attack of the rarities and ranks of Zemo