Anyone who knows well the One below all pls answer:is he a character that could be playable in Mcoc?

Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,336 ★★★★★
I remember before the Guardians 3 movie was out me and others talked about how The high evolutionary could join the contest and be the science Apoc/Galan... with a pre fight where he experiments on Science champs and makes them hybrid with animals which then grant them abilities... but now after seeing this:
I thought, wait... how sick would it be if THE ONE BELOW ALL was the science Apoc/Galan? Idk if it's even possible, if he is a character that can be championized and playable or not, which is what I ask. But couldn't it be cool if The One below on was a Science champion and had a pre fight ability of Gamma radiation? Apoc makes mutants an Horsemen, Galan an Heralds... The one below all... an Hulks... the three H of bestowing power...
Well? Might it become a reality?

Comments

• FantomaxopFantomaxop Member Posts: 134 ★★

I remember before the Guardians 3 movie was out me and others talked about how The high evolutionary could join the contest and be the science Apoc/Galan... with a pre fight where he experiments on Science champs and makes them hybrid with animals which then grant them abilities... but now after seeing this:
    I thought, wait... how sick would it be if THE ONE BELOW ALL was the science Apoc/Galan? Idk if it's even possible, if he is a character that can be championized and playable or not, which is what I ask. But couldn't it be cool if The One below on was a Science champion and had a pre fight ability of Gamma radiation? Apoc makes mutants an Horsemen, Galan an Heralds... The one below all... an Hulks... the three H of bestowing power...

Probably no, since he is pretty god-like entity that didn't even had a physical manifestation in comics (yet).
    This character would be possible to adapt into mcoc only in Dormammu-esk style:
    We would not see the One-below-all himself, but manifestation of his power and persona in body.
    However i feel like it would probably cheapen the character if that would happen, since the point of cosmic devil isn't in kicking ass of some random dudes on mortal plane. Hell, even guys like Galactus are probably way below his level of power and control.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,239 ★★★★★
    The One Below All is the ultimate evil in Marvel, he's worse than Mephisto, Dormammu, Satannish, Hela, the other Hell Lords and demons combined. He makes Adolf Hitler look like Mother Theresa. He is hugely powerful and unlikely to be put in the game unless it's in some extremely weakened fashion.
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Member Posts: 849 ★★★★
    The One Below All is the same as The One Above All. They will not be in the game. They couldn't be a boss to fight, because there's no conceivable way to defeat either... they certainly would not be playable champions.

Personally, I'm just waiting for the comic to come out that says The Sentry and The Void are the "mortal" embodiments of The One Above/Below All.
  • Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Member Posts: 689 ★★★★
    I read the Immortal Hulk run a while back where TOBA was heavily featured (and was introduced if I'm correct)
    Been a bit so I might be wrong on some of this:

He doesn't per-se have a physcial manifestation to my knowledge, the closest we've had was him posessing "Leader" when trying to destroy Bruce. So perhaps something like that could be done where they add a playable avatar of TOBA who is able to share the powers in a way. Perhaps Leader himself would fit that role well if they decide to go with the Immortal Hulk version

But in all honestly I doubt they'll add him, there is probably someone across the Marvel universe who is a better fit to be the Science "Apoc" without making vast changes
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,397 Guardian

The One Below All is the same as The One Above All. They will not be in the game. They couldn't be a boss to fight, because there's no conceivable way to defeat either... they certainly would not be playable champions.

In Marvel comics, any character can beat any other character under the right circumstances, because that's dictated by the writer, and the writers have done all sorts of strange things. Sometimes Spider Man cannot make a dent in the Hulk, sometimes he can beat the Hulk.

And in the game, there's additional narrative license. How does the Punisher beat Dormammu? That should be impossible, and would be impossible in the -616 universe or the Dark Dimension. But in the Battleworld universe of the game everything exists in a completely different universe operating under a completely different set of rules. Champions on the Battleworld are empowered by ISO-8, which is essentially the life force of a Celestial-like being from that universe. That makes all Battleworld champions from Kingpin to Elektra analogous to Heralds of Galactus using the power cosmic: whatever they used to be, they are fighting on a whole different level in the Battleworld. Meanwhile cosmicly powerful characters like Phoenix or Dormammu are almost certainly not fighting at their full strength, as they are not in their "home" universe. They are more likely "aspects" of those characters projected into the Battleworld universe. As such, they can be defeated by other Battleworld champions.

This is the narrativium that essentially "levels" all combatants on the Battleworld, and would do so to any Marvel character added to the game if they were added.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Member Posts: 2,386 ★★★★★

Yes, but probably shouldn't. Once the all-powerful mysterious entity crystallizes into a balanced and playable form, especially one that gets rocked by The Hood or CGR in 46 seconds, it will become significantly less interesting as a Big Bad.
  • tnair2015tnair2015 Member Posts: 121

Personally, I'm just waiting for the comic to come out that says The Sentry and The Void are the "mortal" embodiments of The One Above/Below All.

wasn't TOAA replaced by Enigma as the most powerful ? ..
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,703 ★★★★★

I may be wrong but TOBA is literally the second most powerful being in Marvel comics after TOAA . They might add him as a Boss in story or Endgame Content, but never as playable character.

If they wanted to release such a powerful being, they would release the Maestro (make him only a 5* champ or something liké that), High Evolutionnary or a better version of Thanos.

They could release a 7* maestro and he wouldn't be OP, he aged poorly, besides his class. He'd make an ok attacker with his critical rate build up, but "ok" is about it.
    DNA3000 said:

In Marvel comics, any character can beat any other character under the right circumstances, because that's dictated by the writer, and the writers have done all sorts of strange things. Sometimes Spider Man cannot make a dent in the Hulk, sometimes he can beat the Hulk.

And in the game, there's additional narrative license. How does the Punisher beat Dormammu? That should be impossible, and would be impossible in the -616 universe or the Dark Dimension. But in the Battleworld universe of the game everything exists in a completely different universe operating under a completely different set of rules. Champions on the Battleworld are empowered by ISO-8, which is essentially the life force of a Celestial-like being from that universe. That makes all Battleworld champions from Kingpin to Elektra analogous to Heralds of Galactus using the power cosmic: whatever they used to be, they are fighting on a whole different level in the Battleworld. Meanwhile cosmicly powerful characters like Phoenix or Dormammu are almost certainly not fighting at their full strength, as they are not in their "home" universe. They are more likely "aspects" of those characters projected into the Battleworld universe. As such, they can be defeated by other Battleworld champions.

This is the narrativium that essentially "levels" all combatants on the Battleworld, and would do so to any Marvel character added to the game if they were added.
    Except the One Above/Below All is not conceivably part of one universe. They created all universes/multiverses/omniverses. They created all things. The First Firmament, the embodiment of the first universe to exist, the creator of the Celestials? The One Above All created that. It's effectively "the writers" of the Marvel Universe, most commonly attributed to Jack Kirby.

Kabam couldn't conceivably introduce Eternity, Infinity, Oblivion or Death as playable characters. Same goes for the Living Tribunal or the Beyonders. The One Above and the One Below All is so far beyond any of them.

The Infinity Gauntlet, The Cosmic Cube, The Odin Force. The game's ISO Sphere? None of them could affect The One Above All unless The One Above All allowed it to. That's the storyline that would have to be created. The One Above/Below All would need to limit themselves and/or provides The Summoner with power that would elevate champion power levels to a degree actually capable of doing something to it. It would need to allow this to happen, which effectively means the "fight" itself would be completely under The One Above/Below All's control the whole time. If we "win" or "lose" it would be because they designed it that way.

It also would throw the whole narrative of MCOC out the window, because it's no longer The Collector or Grandmaster or anyone else keeping us here. It's The One Above/Below all... because they actually "wrote" the story of the game. It's also not a question of someone else wrote the story or the story isn't yet written. It's only happening, because The One Above/Below All wrote it.

The very meta existence of The One Above/Below All being "the writer" actually removes all aspect of Free Will out of anything. There's no defeating something that literally writes what happens next.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,397 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Except the One Above/Below All is not conceivably part of one universe. They created all universes/multiverses/omniverses. They created all things. The First Firmament, the embodiment of the first universe to exist, the creator of the Celestials? The One Above All created that. It's effectively "the writers" of the Marvel Universe, most commonly attributed to Jack Kirby.

Kabam couldn't conceivably introduce Eternity, Infinity, Oblivion or Death as playable characters. Same goes for the Living Tribunal or the Beyonders. The One Above and the One Below All is so far beyond any of them.

The Infinity Gauntlet, The Cosmic Cube, The Odin Force. The game's ISO Sphere? None of them could affect The One Above All unless The One Above All allowed it to. That's the storyline that would have to be created. The One Above/Below All would need to limit themselves and/or provides The Summoner with power that would elevate champion power levels to a degree actually capable of doing something to it. It would need to allow this to happen, which effectively means the "fight" itself would be completely under The One Above/Below All's control the whole time. If we "win" or "lose" it would be because they designed it that way.

It also would throw the whole narrative of MCOC out the window, because it's no longer The Collector or Grandmaster or anyone else keeping us here. It's The One Above/Below all... because they actually "wrote" the story of the game. It's also not a question of someone else wrote the story or the story isn't yet written. It's only happening, because The One Above/Below All wrote it.

The very meta existence of The One Above/Below All being "the writer" actually removes all aspect of Free Will out of anything. There's no defeating something that literally writes what happens next.
    You say that like someone who has never read Marvel comics. These things you're saying are just the current canon, and even that is pretty shaky. Current canon gets revised all the time. Even the notion of a "One Below All" is a very recent invention. Eternity used to be the all encompassing conceptual being representing reality, then he was just one of a number of conceptual beings that included Lord Order and Master Chaos, and then beings like Infinity just sort of materialized. The Living Tribunal was supposed to be the all powerful master of the Marvel multiverse, above all other universe spanning entities before the One Above All became the One Above The Living Tribunal. The Beyonder was a being of literal infinite power, until he wasn't and the Beyonders were invented. Even the notion that the One Above All has a counterpart in the One Below All contradicts his already shaky preexisting canon that he was singularly The One above all.

Whether the One Above All is ever added to the game, the game itself is a part of the Marvel multiverse. So if the One Above All is the one above all in every universe of the Marvel multiverse, then the One Above All ultimately controls the Battleworld whether he shows up in the story or game proper, because otherwise the Battleworld would be a universe outside its control, which contradicts what you claim about his canon.

Incidentally, the notion that the existence of an omnipotent creator implies there is no free will is the premise of Mike Carey's Lucifer.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,284 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

If we're running with this then Spiderman should be bashing skulls in left and right in the contest, comics, and movies but the narrative dictates that he holds himself back on purpose so he's "weaker" but not actually. I usually like this example when talking about narrative mattering for a character's power. Kind of like the "who would win in a fight Batman or X" with the first reply usually being "i don't know how much prep time does batman get" and then the answer is based off of that
  • ZilliaxerZilliaxer Member Posts: 85

Personally i think that is a green ghost rider-vengeance
  • Josh2507Josh2507 Member Posts: 706 ★★★★
    The one below all is what happens when the one above all “hulks out”

You would quite literally be playing as god
  • Swixsy_63Swixsy_63 Member Posts: 36

I may be wrong but TOBA is literally the second most powerful being in Marvel comics after TOAA . They might add him as a Boss in story or Endgame Content, but never as playable character.

If they wanted to release such a powerful being, they would release the Maestro (make him only a 5* champ or something liké that), High Evolutionnary or a better version of Thanos.

TOBA AND TOAA are one and the same they're like sentry and void but on a cosmic level

And if TOAA can't be playable then TOBA wouldn't be playable either
  • tnair2015tnair2015 Member Posts: 121

DNA3000 said:

I think Marvel Snap has Living tribunal , death etc as playable characters
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,628 ★★★★★
    tnair2015 said:

DNA3000 said:

That's an entirely different genre of game. It's a card collecting game Ala magic the gathering or hearthstone. They work fine there. But a game like mcoc shouldn't have them as playable characters it just doesn't make sense. Maybe living tribunal but that should be the highest possibility
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,284 ★★★★★
    tnair2015 said:

DNA3000 said:

No way bro compared a card game to a fighting game 💀💀
    DNA3000 said:

You say that like someone who has never read Marvel comics. These things you're saying are just the current canon, and even that is pretty shaky. Current canon gets revised all the time. Even the notion of a "One Below All" is a very recent invention. Eternity used to be the all encompassing conceptual being representing reality, then he was just one of a number of conceptual beings that included Lord Order and Master Chaos, and then beings like Infinity just sort of materialized. The Living Tribunal was supposed to be the all powerful master of the Marvel multiverse, above all other universe spanning entities before the One Above All became the One Above The Living Tribunal. The Beyonder was a being of literal infinite power, until he wasn't and the Beyonders were invented. Even the notion that the One Above All has a counterpart in the One Below All contradicts his already shaky preexisting canon that he was singularly The One above all.

Whether the One Above All is ever added to the game, the game itself is a part of the Marvel multiverse. So if the One Above All is the one above all in every universe of the Marvel multiverse, then the One Above All ultimately controls the Battleworld whether he shows up in the story or game proper, because otherwise the Battleworld would be a universe outside its control, which contradicts what you claim about his canon.

Incidentally, the notion that the existence of an omnipotent creator implies there is no free will is the premise of Mike Carey's Lucifer.

Again, that would be all be a fair point if The One Above All wasn't the actual writer(s) of the story. They literally cause everything to happen because they write it. Yes, canon always changes, but the One Above All is literally "above" that. They are the one(s) who change the canon.

The One Below All is relatively new, yes, not even truly canon, but they don't shake the concept of The One Above All, they enhance it. They are one and the same. I wasn't being snide earlier, I'm completely expecting a comic to come out that introduces the concept of The Sentry and The Void being the "mortal" embodyments of The One Above/Below All. So there, if that were to happen they would already be in the game.. to about the same degree that Galactus is in the game.

The free will comment is a pretty common philosophical stance as a response to an omni(everything) creator. It's also present in Neil Gaiman's Sandman (from where Mike Carey's Lucifer originated)

Regardless of personal religious/philosophical stance it becomes quite literal when we're talking about the actual writer of the comic. Jack Kirby writes a comic book, the characters he's writing don't have Free Will because he's literally writing the story. They only do/say something because he writes it. It's determinism to the nth degree.

Your second paragraph seems to swap stances and prop me up as being the one suggesting it's possible when you're just reiterating exactly what I said. I only went as far as I did to show how ridiculous the concept would be, not because I was suggesting it or thinking it's possible. The One Above All is ultimately in control of the Battlerealm, because it's part of the Marvel Universe. The One Above All creates and "writes" it all. So no, it wouldn't be possible for them to be playable or someone we could fight - because unless it was removed from the Marvel Universe (which it can't be) then they would control everything, including their own inclusion and the result, making it all kind of pointless.

They could only feasibly be introduced as some sort of "trial" or "gauntlet" aimed at teaching the Summoner something. Not a boss we could actually defeat and certainly not something playable, because the kind of power required would end the game.
  • SlayerOfGodsSlayerOfGods Member, Content Creators Posts: 493 Content Creator
    No.