**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Mastery rework, galactus raids

Hmm been a couple of years now and I’m sure these things have been in the back of ppl mind can we get a update or a small word that the team is still considering these options…I personally have been looking forward to a mastery rework since it was mentioned

Comments

• Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,992 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023
    They are in the shadow realm with bases. Recently we got a pseudo update from DNA about the masteries and we should not be expecting anything anytime soon. Correct me if im misremembering @DNA3000
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,396 ★★★★★
    Id love to know about an update on the galactus alliance raid boss
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,758 ★★★★★
    Yeah, I'd also want to know what's going on with the Galactus raids. Or rather, I'd like to know what's going on with Galactus. He's been looming over the contest for years now but it feels like nothing is truly happening with him. Like, we've had EQs that were all about worlds crumbling and desperate attempts at saving people from his hunger, and then...nothing. There has to be some kind of payoff to him having arrived.

I thought that would be the raids - that he'd come to the Contest and the entire alliance had to huddle together to take him down - but if they aren't on the table anymore, something else has to take their place or things are going to feel really awkward. Especially since Galactus isn't even a part of the current Story arc. I just find the whole situation...weird. Silver Surfer came to the game four years ago, which I assume is when they started to tease Galactus. After that they've teased and teased and teased, yet nothing concrete has ever happened with him. That just bums me out.
  • Options
    horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 228 ★★
    Ercarret said:

Yeah, I'd also want to know what's going on with the Galactus raids. Or rather, I'd like to know what's going on with Galactus. He's been looming over the contest for years now but it feels like nothing is truly happening with him. Like, we've had EQs that were all about worlds crumbling and desperate attempts at saving people from his hunger, and then...nothing. There has to be some kind of payoff to him having arrived.

I thought that would be the raids - that he'd come to the Contest and the entire alliance had to huddle together to take him down - but if they aren't on the table anymore, something else has to take their place or things are going to feel really awkward. Especially since Galactus isn't even a part of the current Story arc. I just find the whole situation...weird. Silver Surfer came to the game four years ago, which I assume is when they started to tease Galactus. After that they've teased and teased and teased, yet nothing concrete has ever happened with him. That just bums me out.

There was just a run in the EQ story that seemed like it was cleaning that up. They planted some world tree seed that sprouted a world tree that will make planets for the Galacti to eat. If I am remembering correctly.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★

Ercarret said:

There was just a run in the EQ story that seemed like it was cleaning that up. They planted some world tree seed that sprouted a world tree that will make planets for the Galacti to eat. If I am remembering correctly.
    Yep, that was the resolution as I understand it. A tree is constantly sprouting new worlds for an infinite number of Galacti to eat.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    ahmynuts said:

They are in the shadow realm with bases. Recently we got a pseudo update from DNA about the masteries and we should not be expecting anything anytime soon. Correct me if im misremembering @DNA3000

I don't think a mastery rework is likely any time soon, but if the devs are working on one I have no knowledge of that one way or the other.

The thing I'm more certain about is mastery profiles. I think that one is extremely unlikely in a form the players would recognize as mastery profiles.