**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why is “Galan” censored in the in game chat.

Just what the title says.

Comments

• Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,678 Guardian
    edited October 2023
    "Galan" isn't censored by the in-game chat. (At least in my global)

"Galan is" is censored by the in-game chat. Don't you know that is very bad words?

Some of my favorite phrases that used to be censored are "I'm too" and "breezed".
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,808 ★★★★★
    masochism is censored which on one hand i get but on the other reallyyy
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,375 ★★★★★
    It's a little unpredictable - sometimes words might get through; other times they won't.

I wonder if there are any rules required for in-game chat filters that Kabam has to abide by?

For example any mention of any alcoholic drink is censored - is that required so that the game isn't rated for adults?

It's certainly inconvenient, when my Alliance leader's in-game name is "Ilovescotch"
  • Options
    ArmageddønArmageddøn Posts: 634 ★★★
    Even sugar 'pill' is censored lol
  • Options
    Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Posts: 677 ★★★★

It's a little unpredictable - sometimes words might get through; other times they won't.

I wonder if there are any rules required for in-game chat filters that Kabam has to abide by?

For example any mention of any alcoholic drink is censored - is that required so that the game isn't rated for adults?

It's certainly inconvenient, when my Alliance leader's in-game name is "Ilovescotch"

Wow, we're in the same alliance, never noticed lol

But to the main point, yeah the chat censoring is crazy at times. Very inconsistent. I believe "trade" is also a banned word for me, which I get in case of scams or whatever, but a bit annoying during gifting events
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,977 ★★★★★
    Jokes on you they banned the word "seen" for me
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,758 ★★★★★
    Yeah, the Kabam censorship can be hilarious at times. Some of my favorite ones:

"Congrats on whoever just pulled **************!" after I saw someone pull a 6* America Chavez (I think it was) back when she came out. Those sneaky Canadians probably intentionally censor "America" for the laughs.

"Please note that this alliance does not accept ********* in any way!" when we got docked one season because someone cheated. However, it was surprisingly difficult to convey what had happened and how much I (as the alliance leader) didn't want to see it happen again since the word "cheating" wasn't allowed.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,398 ★★★★★
    Ive had some odd censor when playing incursions i dont remember them as i sometimes forget what i type after its been censored i think some of mine has been words that aint foul language or sometimes certain champs