Options

I refuse to let Batttlegrounds define the player I am

stefaenysstefaenys Posts: 1
edited October 2023 in General Discussion
Today, after 7 years of probably missing not more that 4-5 days total, I am VERY seriously considering quitting this game.

Not because of my roster. Not because of my alliance. Not because it todays only takes 7-8 month to a rookie to catch up anyone who’s been playing the game for ages. Not because of any ‘’pay to play’’ issues. Not because of lack of time.

But ONLY because I personally find BG unappealing and refuse to be considered as not being ‘’a serious player’’ or ‘’a real team player’’ just because I don’t want to play it !

The game has so many modes that it makes no sense that only one of them should be defining the kind of player I am.

The developers are so very well aware of the thousands/millions of BG haters. Did they try to make it more user friendly ? NO !
Did they try to propose a more attractive alternate mode or upgrade the other modes to compensate for non-BG players ? NO !

All they do is take the game in a direction where you HAVE TO play BG, like it or not. They’ve made the rewards look as if now going forward if you’re not bringing super top BG points to your alliance, you’re no more than a piece of s**t letting everyone down.

Instead of working on fixing something that is NOT appealing to everyone, Kabam just finds a unidirectional way to force players to have no other choice than to participate in what is an unappealing mode to them.

Every BG season looks to have some roster specifics, making players rank up champs that they just don't have any fun playing.
At the end of a BG season you just look back and get sad at wasted rank up resources you took weeks/months to get.

There’s nothing in life that makes complete unanimity. That’s the beauty of humankind. Everyone is entitled to his opinion. Everyone can choose to play or not play the game.

Only saying that BG has made me not enjoy the game anymore wouldn't make justice to what I really feel.
Last night a new BG season started and I genuinely felt disgusted with real physical throw-up feeling.

and oh yeah.... not to forget that you now also get Kabam punishment if you loose at BG !!! That's just insanity !!!

I started to play MCOC at a time in my life when nothing was going the right way and I had a lot of spare time to fill. Just staying home and playing the game and watching MCOC youtube videos helped me not going out and do stupid things.

I will miss the game, my alliance, collecting the champs as an unconditional Marvel fan of the first day, watching youtube videos about how to do this and that.
But such is my disgust of BG that I would rather quit the game after 7 loyal years than deal with BG anymore.

Comments

• Options
    GogiGogi Posts: 452 ★★★
    Like any mode else, YOU are not forced to participate in any of them. If your alliance tries to force you to play BG then just leave. There are many alliances that don't care for BG and other modes which might suit you better. If you have discord check out umcoc channel, there are plenty of alliances looking for members where ex BG is not required.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 911 ★★★
    That’s a bit drastic but I understand that Kabam is putting all the shiny new toys in BG this season with the Deathless champ. I too will miss out on them because I don’t do well in BG nor do I like to grind BG to get to those milestones. This is also dependent on you making it to GC to get that piece of collectibles. The ban threat makes this an easier choice as I might not even get a lucky forfeit every now and then to help out.

At least with arena, you will get units after a bit of work. Can’t say the same with BG. I just feel like I am letting the alliance down if we don’t get a decent reward.
  • Options
    LickyLicky Posts: 313 ★★
    PT_99 said:

You only need 2 wins daily with elder marks to hit 450k+
    Very easy.

Not tru that would get you around 300k
  • Options
    Yukzii_IIYukzii_II Posts: 91
    On one hand I see that if you dont wanna play bgs then just dont play it, but if you dont you will miss out on a whole lot of rewards which is obvious however the top rewards shouldnt be locked behind one mode. There should definitely be an alternative.
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,768 ★★★★★
    Not that deep lmao just dont play it
  • Options
    CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 991 ★★★
    Why can't the WIN points for both energy & Elder Marks be same?
    That would do Justice for both Players & people can easily hit the Milestones too
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,282 ★★★★★
    Licky said:

PT_99 said:

Very easy.

Then 3 Wins a day.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,193 ★★★★★

Why can't the WIN points for both energy & Elder Marks be same?
    That would do Justice for both Players & people can easily hit the Milestones too

Because no one would buy EMs.
  • Options
    M0NKEYNUTSM0NKEYNUTS Posts: 132
    Also, OP just because BG is the craze now does not mean that in the future some other new fancy game mode couldn't take over. This game evolves over time. Maybe take a break and come back later when there is a new game mode that you are interested in? Even if it is years later, like you said, only takes 7-8 months to catch up anyway...
  • Options

Licky said:

PT_99 said:

Very easy.

Then 3 Wins a day.
    Nope not enough but I get the point
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,282 ★★★★★
    Licky said:

Licky said:

PT_99 said:

Very easy.

Then 3 Wins a day.
    Well, I'm not the best Player around, and it's only been a day. I have 45k Points, and 1500 EMs. So it isn't that insurmountable.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,923 ★★★★★
    Licky said:

PT_99 said:

Very easy.

Do the math again and count the alliance point system.
  • Options
    LordIgorekLordIgorek Posts: 60
    WOLF_LINK said:

People rank up Champs just for BG? lol, sounds dumb

Ofc the top whales will do, but they rank up everything for their 10 million Champ rating anyway.

If you are not part of that exclusive whale club, you shouldn’t rank up trash.

Yeah, just for bg. I'm f2p, so definitely not a whale, just got my first 7*r2 few hours ago after exploring 8.3. But for what else would i be ranking up champ- just for war, but my top attackers are already ranked. All other content can be done with 6*r3s. So bg is the only place left for which you can rank up champs and see a difference.
  • Options

Licky said:

Licky said:

PT_99 said:

Very easy.

Then 3 Wins a day.
    Well, I'm not the best Player around, and it's only been a day. I have 45k Points, and 1500 EMs. So it isn't that insurmountable.
    I know
  • Options
    bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,151 ★★★
    edited October 2023
    😭I'm not a big BG player myself, but I need those 5k titan shards. This BG season isn't that hard to navigate.
  • Options
    LokxLokx Posts: 326 ★★★
    Yukzii_II said:

On one hand I see that if you dont wanna play bgs then just dont play it, but if you dont you will miss out on a whole lot of rewards which is obvious however the top rewards shouldnt be locked behind one mode. There should definitely be an alternative.

The top rewards are not locked behind one mode. You can get every reward else where. If you are referring to this season rewards then thats just because of the 1 year anniversary. The titan shards and tier 6 cc in the solo and alliance objective are temporary and just a celebration event.
  • Options
    NoirSoiréeNoirSoirée Posts: 30

Licky said:

PT_99 said:

Very easy.

Do the math again and count the alliance point system.
    you are correct that his math is wrong... but btw the points should be calculated using the solo BG event... a win with elder marks = 6750 points... 450,000/6750 = 66.67 (67)... divided by 28 days (length of season) you only need 2.4 wins a day to hit all the milestones (450k)