Options

Morbious dash skipping frames

RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Posts: 697 ★★★
Am i loosing my mind or its near impossible to dex morbius medium if he has his gliding on???

Comments

• Options
    AmaadAkiraAmaadAkira Posts: 388 ★★★
    Feels that way. Not sure if it's intended though.
  • Options
    Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★
    Ruwqiersa said:

Am i loosing my mind or its near impossible to dex morbius medium if he has his gliding on???

I think that's the point. It's called a "phantom glide" after all lol. You gotta dex earlier than usual to avoid it.
  • Options
    You either have to shallow dex him (dash back early), or you have to dex from the right side of the screen. If you're used to dexing with your left hand, you actually trigger a block input for a frame before the dex and morbius will hit you during this frame of block. It is also noticeable with lady deathstrike after the sp3 where you dash back and still lose ferocity from triggering a blocked hit if the enemy immediately uses a light attack.
  • Options
    BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    When you dex, you block for a split second before swiping left. That’s what’s happening. You have to be really quick with your swipe
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 777 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

You either have to shallow dex him (dash back early), or you have to dex from the right side of the screen. If you're used to dexing with your left hand, you actually trigger a block input for a frame before the dex and morbius will hit you during this frame of block. It is also noticeable with lady deathstrike after the sp3 where you dash back and still lose ferocity from triggering a blocked hit if the enemy immediately uses a light attack.

Interesting. I do this with a few champs (like Chavez). Good to know. Thanks.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,559 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

That seems unusual. So an input is actually two inputs?

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    His glide medium animation is also sped up, which is where a lot of the difficulty in dexing out of it is coming from
  • Options
    RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Posts: 697 ★★★
    Pikolu said:

Didnt they fix that? Juggernaut was loosing his unstoppables when dashed back with left thumb cuz of the thing u mentioned. Now he doesnt but that input thing still exists?
  • Options
    BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    DrZola said:

Pikolu said:

Dr. Zola
    Well if you’re dashing backing on the left side of the screen, you usually do it by first tapping, then swiping back. That first tap that makes contact with the screen is registered as a block, and when you swipe, that’s when you dash back. You just have to mindfully avoid that tap against Morbius
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,178 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Pikolu said:

Dr. Zola
    That is why you can sometimes parry when trying to dex
  • Options
    GeneralMerceGeneralMerce Posts: 236 ★★
    i havent had any issue dexing him. right thumb dexer
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 810 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Left thumb dexxer here. Was getting clipped all the time until I started baiting his glide like a special. You are already dashing back after walking towards him. Trying dex from a stand still when I saw the dash ended with me getting wrecked.

Shallow dex is the answer for me.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,266 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Scorpion is the same way, although I have been noticing a lag in the 2nd and 3rd dash back lately. Either that, or the AI speeds up.