Gladiator… Buff??? Rework??

__SF____SF__ Member Posts: 292 ★★
Hello team,

Wondering if there is an update on the summoners choice champ of the year??? Tons of cosmics still own him by a lot. When using his kit after 24 charges of confidence. I can’t punish specials to give burst of damage before getting hit and losing my charges. I know this isn’t news and there are videos out there of the issues and ramp up….. is there a rework or potential buff coming for this champ??? He is fun but I would love to take him to BGs without losing a lot of health on my fights and taking longer time than other options to finish my fights.

Thank you,

Comments

• Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Member Posts: 689 ★★★★
    They do a rebalance 6 months after release it think, so we're still a little bit off for now until we get any more news
  • laserjohn26laserjohn26 Member Posts: 1,531 ★★★★★
    They can't all be bangers
  • Sceptilemaniac2Sceptilemaniac2 Member Posts: 366 ★★★

They can't all be bangers

Sasquatch has better damage AND better utility than gladiator while being a way better defender.
    This comparision is using a R1 sasquatch and a R2 gladiator.
    He needs to be better. I would prefer a full rework but a tune up (if it's america chavez like) would do too.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Member Posts: 2,382 ★★★★★
    __SF__ said:

Hello team,

Wondering if there is an update on the summoners choice champ of the year??? Tons of cosmics still own him by a lot. When using his kit after 24 charges of confidence. I can’t punish specials to give burst of damage before getting hit and losing my charges. I know this isn’t news and there are videos out there of the issues and ramp up….. is there a rework or potential buff coming for this champ??? He is fun but I would love to take him to BGs without losing a lot of health on my fights and taking longer time than other options to finish my fights.

Thank you,

No possible way this is what was intended for him. If Gladiator doesn't get bumped up, it'll be because they've stopped rebalancing.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,211 ★★★★★
    He needs a complete overhaul tbh. They really should not have messed around with new, not fun mechanics on a champion we voted into the game. Quicksilver was probably the ceiling on how much they should experiment with these vote champions
  • KeonexKeonex Member Posts: 321 ★★★
    edited October 2023
    __SF__ said:

Hello team,

Thank you,

for a summoners choice champ he should be amongst the top of the year, I am not saying he should be best Cosmic in game, i am not comparing him to Herc, Galan, CGR, Corvus, Hyperion, Knull, Venom, and any other cosmic champion from past years, yes all the above mentioned here are way better than Midiator but it doesn’t matter this is a new year so lets focus on this years champs.

cosmic class is he better than Warlock NO, is he better than Vox NO, ok you know how about other champs released this year regardless of class, is he better than, Silk, Photon, Morb, the list goes on is he better than any single champion released this year NO
  • KeonexKeonex Member Posts: 321 ★★★
    edited October 2023
    Hopefully they do rework him, I do like the champ, but he definitely needs a serious buff asap
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

He needs a complete overhaul tbh. They really should not have messed around with new, not fun mechanics on a champion we voted into the game. Quicksilver was probably the ceiling on how much they should experiment with these vote champions

Completely disagree, I personally don’t just want same re-hashed abilities. Experiment away, maybe especially with vote champions and make them fun and interesting. This is literally what the re-balance program is for, if champs don’t hit where they’re intended.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,211 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023

ahmynuts said:

Completely disagree, I personally don’t just want same re-hashed abilities. Experiment away, maybe especially with vote champions and make them fun and interesting. This is literally what the re-balance program is for, if champs don’t hit where they’re intended.
    I completely disagree about the vote champions. Dont mess with the champions we voted in. They can mess with the other 22 champions of the year all they want but the one the community picks is special and should be treated as such. They don't need completely rehashed abilities but they should not be the introduction of a whole new mechanic either, it's too extreme, People didn't vote for Gladiator thinking we would get this mess, they voted for Gladiator because he is an awesome character for the comics who is super powerful and whose champion in game should have reflected that. No one voted for Gladiator with the desire to start running headfirst into specials, we voted for him to get a really fun, possibly OP champion with a great set of abilities like his comic counterpart
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

I completely disagree about the vote champions. Dont mess with the champions we voted in. They can mess with the other 22 champions of the year all they want but the one the community picks is special and should be treated as such. They don't need completely rehashed abilities but they should not be the introduction of a whole new mechanic either, it's too extreme, People didn't vote for Gladiator thinking we would get this mess, they voted for Gladiator because he is an awesome character for the comics who is super powerful and whose champion in game should have reflected that. No one voted for Gladiator with the desire to start running headfirst into specials, we voted for him to get a really fun, possibly OP champion with a great set of abilities like his comic counterpart
    Clearly each to their own, but I love the idea of Gladiator’s special punishing. It’s not even a completely new ability, Overseer has something very similar, so while it’s different, it’s not ground breaking, completely unheard of to be able to do that during specials. If you draw the line at this specific sort of new ability, then that’s a massive limitation on designers being able to create interesting champions. I do worry that you’re looking at gladiator and thinking “this guy is bad, what is causing him to be bad? Oh, it’s a new ability, let’s not add new abilities to vote champs”. When really, I don’t think the new ability is the issue here.

It’s not in his direct loop, so your average player doesn’t even need to worry about it - that’s a very smart design choice and a way to make him appeal to everyone. I also think it’s a very small tweak away from being incredibly useful. To me, Glad’s issues lie more in his rotation which is pretty inflexible, takes a bit too long, missing some damage, and the fact that he loses ultra confidence instantly when getting hit which stops him using his special punish. None of it is from the new mechanic directly.

New mechanics are what make this game special over the years, and once Gladiator gets the (almost definite) tune up he needs, I hope kabam don’t shy away from adding cool new things.

If they hadn’t added anything new to Glad and he ended up a samey, safe champ then we’d get complaints in the opposite direction. I think you’re a little at risk of judging gladiator as a failure before the balancing has even occurred. Release isn’t the final step of the program any more.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Member Posts: 2,382 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

No problems with new tech as long as it's effective, makes sense with the character, and is tuned properly.

Rank 3 Gladiator in Incursions with increased duration on buffs and debuffs, more attack per buff, and resistance hacks is just about perfect.
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,893 ★★★★★
    Just dropped in to see if “Recall” was an option…

Dr. Zola
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,825 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

I completely disagree about the vote champions... the one the community picks is special and should be treated as such... we voted for him to get a really fun, possibly OP champion with a great set of abilities like his comic counterpart
    It appears that that's not what Kabam thinks community votes are about.

In unconnected news, Guillotine says Hi 😉.
  • __SF____SF__ Member Posts: 292 ★★
    Let’s just hope a rework comes out soon and this becomes a more desirable champ to have.