Options

IBom "other" damage

I tried searching for this first but didnt see anything relevant. I was fighting Immortal Abom mini boss in AQ with like 85-90% health and then suddenly just keeled over and was KOd. As you can see, I was using Omega Sentinel, who is poison immune and usually wrecks Abom. So what was this 30k of "other" damage that suddenly killed me?

Comments

• Options
    FeuerschwerFeuerschwer Posts: 313 ★★
    It’s plausible, acid burn does a bunch of damage and also makes him unblockable and do burst damage on hit
  • Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Yes, that acid burn is why I don’t take OS against iBom. You either need a straight poison immune champ or a high purify/tenacity champ
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,237 ★★★★★
    Used to use ibom against OS in BGs back in the day.
  • Options
    sharkdeavoursharkdeavour Posts: 442 ★★

ThaLorax said:

I tried searching for this first but didnt see anything relevant. I was fighting Immortal Abom mini boss in AQ with like 85-90% health and then suddenly just keeled over and was KOd. As you can see, I was using Omega Sentinel, who is poison immune and usually wrecks Abom. So what was this 30k of "other" damage that suddenly killed me?

Probably his acid burn dmg... it works against poison immune champs too.
    Yes acid burn, and a little correction here, it works against whoever gets poison debuff which in this case, OS, she doesn’t get damage from poison but will still get the debuff. So its not every poison immune champs
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,122 ★★★★★
    ThaLorax said:

Wow, so I was taken out by 30k damage from abom's acid reflux?

Acid burn is the highest damaging dot in the game, what you expect.
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,785 ★★★★
    edited November 2023
    The other source is known as Kaboom damage. It is the emotional damage so is not tracked physically
  • Options
    Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 987 ★★★★
    edited November 2023

ThaLorax said:

Yes acid burn, and a little correction here, it works against whoever gets poison debuff which in this case, OS, she doesn’t get damage from poison but will still get the debuff. So its not every poison immune champs
    Acid burn can still apply on poison immune champs though, but you will have to eat an sp3 for that to happen...
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 756 ★★★

ThaLorax said:

Acid burn can still apply on poison immune champs though, but you will have to eat an sp3 for that to happen...
    or stacking enough 10 poisons for staying close to him while his sp2 effects is active
  • Options
    BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    Jack2634 said:

ThaLorax said:

or stacking enough 10 poisons for staying close to him while his sp2 effects is active
    Not against poison immune champs
  • Options
    sharkdeavoursharkdeavour Posts: 442 ★★

ThaLorax said:

Oh right i forgot lol
  • Options
    Adri5846Adri5846 Posts: 45
    With Diablo is the same. U dont take poison damage but acid burn kills him.
  • Options
    Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 461 ★★★
    It would be nice to see some of these “other” damage labels updated. Tapping on them says ‘thanks this has now been logged’ but nothing ever changes.