**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Consumables Update: 3-Step Plan and First Look

12346Β»

Comments

• Options
    Tony_5tankTony_5tank Posts: 107 β˜…
    bdawg923 said:

I’m going to play devils avocado here…

Would you rather

A ) Have to spend units on survivability items

Or

B ) Watch ads to get x amount of health pots/revives?

These actually are NOT the only options.
    Who said they were?
  • Options
    Tony_5tankTony_5tank Posts: 107 β˜…
    bdawg923 said:

Would you rather

Or

bdawg923 said:

bdawg923 said:

Would you rather

Or

Who said they were?
    The guy who said those are the two options.
    And just go re read that for yourself lol. As you’ve just acknowledged, no where did I state these were the only 2 options. I just gave 2 options.

Have a nice day sir
  • Options
    Loki_Poki1280Loki_Poki1280 Posts: 469 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Imma probably get slammed for this but percentage based potions would suck. Since players farm potions most of the time without spending units, percentage based units would heal either far too little or far too much. Since they are teachincally free (no unit cost) healing even 5% HP from a LV3 Health potion is too much. Why? They are easily accessible via ROL. Easily farmed. Kinda busted. It's a game. There's gotta be some balances. If everything was absolutely able to be farmed in great abundance easily. The game would make essentially very little compared to now. How do yall think the game will survive then? This is an improvement. U still get to farm ur potions like you are now. There is no way to satisfy everyone. So how do you make a decision like this? Everyone wins and everyone loses. Find the middle ground. That's what they are doing.

Think about revives as a combo of a revive and a percentage based health potion. They revive you and heal for a percentage amount. Now they are making it cheaper to top up to max HP if need be.

This is a win.

Personally if ur running out of revives and potions constantly. Maybe take a step back and assess the situation. Farm up ur potions and revives. Slow down. Think up a strategy. Farm some units up for insurance. And try again. If u keep losing. Then maybe ur champs aren't high enough leveled. So wait out and do some other content. Don't save ur potions and revives up to just run em down the drain. Use them wisely as if they were little bundles of units. Each one has a unit cost so think of it as saving units each time u don't use one. I do it. It works fine. Waited a week and I have (I know it sounds little) 8 revives and 20 ish lv4 hp potions? Did 2 quests in 8.2 and used 1 revive total. I had 7. Got one back via Hero use. Ready again for tomorrow.

Good luck and make the best of what we got.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Typhoon said:

Regarding the changes being made:

I don't plan to buy more potions with units. I don't buy them with units now, I won't buy them with units if you lower the cost. There's some data for you.

I'm pretty sure they already have that data, considering the goal isn't really to make people spend more, it's to make it easier for those who do spend on them.
    Nor will it really make a difference if people swear off buying them. All they're really doing is making it more difficult on themselves.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,987 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Mackey said:

Would you rather

Or

Personally I'd rather watch an ad to get potions than spend units on them πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜‚
    Yeah, bro really thought they did something with that one
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,551 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    ahmynuts said:

Mackey said:

Would you rather

Or

Personally I'd rather watch an ad to get potions than spend units on them πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜‚
    Yeah, bro really thought they did something with that one
    Was a bit of a pointless would you rather question πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • Options
    Loki_Poki1280Loki_Poki1280 Posts: 469 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited November 2023
    @WinterFields 3x the health for 28 units is more health than 28 units rn. If u don't want to spend units and just farm up then do that. It's a change in the right direction. And u missed what I said. If u are already farming them for free, then what's the point of having them cost anything. They are making them cheaper. If you don't spend units on potions and revives, then u have to change the way you approach the game. U can't expect the same results between you and someone who spends units on consumables. There is always a flip side. U don't heal as much, but u don't spend anything. And those who do spend, get more.

U cant go around not spending a dollar expecting to eat at the same restaurants as those who do spend. That's just not how the world works.

Good luck
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 681 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

@WinterFields 3x the health for 28 units is more health than 28 units rn. If u don't want to spend units and just farm up then do that. It's a change in the right direction. And u missed what I said. If u are already farming them for free, then what's the point of having them cost anything. They are making them cheaper. If you don't spend units on potions and revives, then u have to change the way you approach the game. U can't expect the same results between you and someone who spends units on consumables. There is always a flip side. U don't heal as much, but u don't spend anything. And those who do spend, get more.

U cant go around not spending a dollar expecting to eat at the same restaurants as those who do spend. That's just not how the world works.

Good luck

As others in this chat mentioned, you can get more from spending on July 4th/Cyber Weekend than completing content. I don't spend money on this game, and many who do still only casually spend. It takes months of grinding arena to be able to get those deals.

I don't expect to match accounts that spend on deals, but I do believe I can get far more for my units by not spending on potions and saving for these massive deals. I hope spending on units advances your account far, but as for me, I will save for the holiday deals and use revives instead of potions.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    The problem is that's a choice. People can save every last Unit they have for deals, or they can spend them on Resources to complete content. In many cases, completing that content helps them progress more, as in the case of Story. Everest content is something done in our own time, so it's not really a requirement, but again that's a choice.
    In terms of team modes, I'm almost certain that Members are spending on Resources anyway at higher levels, and this will be cheaper. At lower levels, if you're spending that much to keep going, you're on too high a Map.
  • Options
    DOC83DOC83 Posts: 33 β˜…
    edited November 2023
    Dissapointing update. All it does is drain our units. With this update a bit slowly now
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    @Kabam Jax I might be being a little dense here, I can see the cost of the level 4 and 5 questing health pots have gone down. I can’t see the level 6 and 7 health pots in the game. Were these not part of the Step 1 update?
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,392 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Wozzle007 said:

@Kabam Jax I might be being a little dense here, I can see the cost of the level 4 and 5 questing health pots have gone down. I can’t see the level 6 and 7 health pots in the game. Were these not part of the Step 1 update?

They were there but then disappeared about roughly half hour to an hour from depending on timezone but for kabam 10am pst they went live but then went sometime after
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Bendy said:

Wozzle007 said:

They were there but then disappeared about roughly half hour to an hour from depending on timezone but for kabam 10am pst they went live but then went sometime after
    They’re still not back. Necropolis is coming soon. If they’re supposed to be live in the game now, hopefully Kabam can get it fixed. Overall I’m not a fan of this 3 Step Plan as a solution. But surely we need to get the whole of Step 1 implemented together. Where are the level 6 and 7 health pots?
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 843 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Lower unit cost of potions is a positive, especially for those who don’t farm/grind.

No update to the loyalty store until Feb (assuming no delays) is really disappointing.
    Clearly the value of loyalty store potions has massively reduced now we have 6* r5 and 7*, yet cost is the same and will be another 3 months at least.
  • Options
    DanielRandDanielRand Posts: 415 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I have explored every level of EQ in the previous months since the change to chests was made. I am about a third of the way through exploring all levels this month. Just received my first revive since the change in a chest on TB difficulty. It was an L1. Someone please explain how this is better than it was? Before the change I could view every level and every path and decide which to run for what rewards and consistently was getting revives over the course of exploration. Don't come at me with RNG and sample size. I don't typically subscribe to the Nerf crowd, but there's no other answer here.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,167 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I still don't see level 6 or 7 potions, but do see the reduced price for level 5 potions. Did I miss an announcement? Also, didn't know if I should bring this thread back or ask in a new one.
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I have explored every level of EQ in the previous months since the change to chests was made. I am about a third of the way through exploring all levels this month. Just received my first revive since the change in a chest on TB difficulty. It was an L1. Someone please explain how this is better than it was? Before the change I could view every level and every path and decide which to run for what rewards and consistently was getting revives over the course of exploration. Don't come at me with RNG and sample size. I don't typically subscribe to the Nerf crowd, but there's no other answer here.

The drops are definitely worse. I usually only bother with Proven through UC with some of Cavalier but like you said, I used to regularly be able to get some revives on my runs and now I don't know if I got more than 1. I know I'm not running the hardest difficulties but given where champion health pools are at it is ridiculous to still be getting level 1 and 2 health potions as well. I barely get any of the level 1 and 2 (useless as they are) potions now either.

Additionally, the iso drops are worse now as well. Last month I was mostly getting 3,000 iso pieces with some 1,300 and now it is mostly the 75 - 525, with some occasional 1,300 and possibly very rare 3,000 (though I can't recall for sure if I got any 3,000 this month from EQ).
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I still don't see level 6 or 7 potions, but do see the reduced price for level 5 potions. Did I miss an announcement? Also, didn't know if I should bring this thread back or ask in a new one.

I believe their announcement was that level 6 and 7 potions would only be available from offers, not in the store for regular purchase.
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,144 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    cur53d said:

Seriously what is the drop rate on these EQ chests? It must be 99% iso at least. Remember all the positive comments when we started seeing 2 revives on some TB paths? Those days are gone. These chests are a disgrace.

Facts.
    What triggers me the most is the explanation behind "we remove rng but should be the same overall". No it's not. This is the kind of explanation that triggers people and feed the "kabam is bad at communicating or is not being honest argumentative".
    Even if we assume the drop rate is still the same, the fact we can't see what's inside the chest makes it random, defeating the purpose of the update btw. Cause before we could look through all paths and decide which one to go, preferably the one with items of course. Now it's random.
    It's like comparing a 6 star crystal with a nexus 6 star crystal. We used to have a nexus revive path, now we get a basic path.
  • Options
    AntsiouAntsiou Posts: 173 β˜…β˜…
    Is there any timeline/update on the lvl6 and 7 health potions being available? Asking for a friend who wants to do the last necro path.