**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Nah what is this

Gang come on…

Comments

• Options
    UnyonfaceUnyonface Posts: 520 ★★★
    As the Captain of the submarine I was assigned to once said… “you’ve been had” lol
  • Options

well, I have yet to see anyone who likes this concept at all. I personaly realy despise this.

It’s not who likes it, but those whining players that complete all the content of the month in one week and complain about having nothing to do after on the forums
    And how is locking the reward going to help on that, as far as this event goes, someone could finish it without even knowing, apart from that, the sq is already quite overblown as well
  • Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,191 ★★★★
    Locking the rewards would “supposedly” hold the players from playing to they can get the rewards in due time after completing the content. Also why are y’all disagreeing with me, I didn’t made this up, Kabam started doing this months ago and a lot people know this 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    edited November 2023

Unio77 said:

Hey all,

I know these time gated rewards aren't particularly popular amongst the community, and I think it has to do with the fact that we've earned the reward now, but have to wait to get it, but it is just the same event, using a different method.

Team knows these time gated rewards aren’t popular with the community yet still implement them, what stage of being out of touch with your player base is this? 💀

The one where we know it's the better option, and that players will get used to it over time, but we can't get players used to it if we don't do more of these. Let's be honest, we're not great with accepting change here, even when it's objectively better for ourselves.

Regardless of the way we did this, 1 month long event with time gated rewards, or 4x 1-Week events, you'd be waiting the exact same amount of time for those rewards.
    Well I get you somehow gotta keep players logging in for the entire month and time gating rewards is one way.
    Just gotta accept it 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Options
    DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,777 ★★★★
    edited November 2023

Not this again...

They really be putting cookies inside a locked glass jar in front of me and telling me I can only have 1 cookie a day. Nah like it's right there, looking all scrumptious, but I can't have it. (°~°)

Say there are 40 cookies, they can either give 10 cookies every week. But nope, they show all 40 cookies and unlock 10 cookies every week. This makes Petyr want to break the cookie jar. I wonder what are benefits of this approach as they keep doing it.
    Perhaps it's good to buy 4 packets of 10 cookies for the month rather than buying one each week. Less cookie maintenance from Kabam and Peryr knows what all to eat for month and waits with increased hunger.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Unio77 said:

Hey all,

I know these time gated rewards aren't particularly popular amongst the community, and I think it has to do with the fact that we've earned the reward now, but have to wait to get it, but it is just the same event, using a different method.

Team knows these time gated rewards aren’t popular with the community yet still implement them, what stage of being out of touch with your player base is this? 💀

The one where we know it's the better option, and that players will get used to it over time, but we can't get players used to it if we don't do more of these. Let's be honest, we're not great with accepting change here, even when it's objectively better for ourselves.

Regardless of the way we did this, 1 month long event with time gated rewards, or 4x 1-Week events, you'd be waiting the exact same amount of time for those rewards.
    It's objectively a better system it just makes everyone feel bad that we can see the rewards that we've earned already right in front of us with a lock on it. Like a really delicious looking cake locked in a display case that you can't eat
    Isn’t that the same with calendars though?