**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Let's Chat About Defender AI - Current state, behind the scenes, upcoming changes

Comments

• Options
    Avenger_A1Avenger_A1 Posts: 266
    heldhoch2 said:

it feels like I play against a bot, that has all the capabilities of msd, bero and fintec combined - but without any human flaw -.-
    pleeeease, Kabam. Remove this before the next hard content is released...or was that introduced to make your players invest more money?

No doubt that it's their doing, after all their excuses here over the last couple of years. And what I've experienced in the current season of battlegrounds is just diabolical. Almost feels like my account is rigged or something.

• Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    @XSquad My son fell once and was crying so I told him this is medicine to make it all feel better he took it and stopped crying. It was a tic tac 😂 this is a similar case here.
  • Options
    XSquadXSquad Posts: 147 ★★
    Manup456 said:

@XSquad My son fell once and was crying so I told him this is medicine to make it all feel better he took it and stopped crying. It was a tic tac 😂 this is a similar case here.

Ah yes....the "placebo effect"
  • Options
    MethodMan69MethodMan69 Posts: 32
    edited November 2023
    They never said it would become a new AI , The changes they made will help em find bugs easier, and later they will fix those bugs , people are are just used to complaining in forum they don't even read the thread before doing it
  • Options
    SandPounderSandPounder Posts: 342 ★★★
    I’m pretty sure this is how SkyLink begins….
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,781 ★★★★★

I’m pretty sure this is how SkyLink begins….

SkyNet good sir.
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    edited November 2023
    @BitterSteel I know what the plan is supposed to be and what they said. I’m messing around because the AI issues are the biggest most frustrating issues the game has going on. The weird interactions and behaviors have been reported and complained about for a long time now and we were told all these reports couldn’t be bottled into blaming the AI and now they are claiming these behaviors are the AI 🤷🏻‍♂️ people don’t really want to hear about this long journey into getting this resolved, we want some real answers because for a lot of players it’s costing them resources and for others real money spending on items. People should play the game and enjoy it not be mad because of the AI’s erratic behavior.

We want to follow the progress with them for this fix because if not it just feels like they are not doing enough to get these long time issues fixed already.

They can’t update us on the progress weekly? If not is it because this is not top priority and not consistently worked on?
  • Options
    bumble-beebumble-bee Posts: 137 ★★
    edited November 2023
    I played Incursion after long time and oh man, the AI is just ridiculuous.
    Defender throwing heavy in no time, as if like it is doing light attack.
    Intercepts is just a dream now.
    If defender is having power bar, it will 100% guaranteed intercept our attack with their specials.
  • Options
    bumble-beebumble-bee Posts: 137 ★★
    Yeah and I can't go beyond zone 7 with 6* R5 max sig Herc even in sector 4.
    Kudos to Kabam for making this content so difficult and hateful.
    I hope you do the same in all game modes very soon.
  • Options
    Anas_wick99Anas_wick99 Posts: 75
    What are the changes because it looks the same
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Question: When we whiff attacks now, the AI walks up to us and leaves it open for them to parrry. Will this be kept the Same? Please keep it like this. It's a very useful and predictable AI manipulation technique

It's changed and doesn't happen anymore. Yaaaaay 🥲
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    I haven’t read the majority of the thread, but is anyone else getting special intercepted like mad? It’s driving me insane

The rest of the changes must’ve been incredibly minor, because the quick knockdown recovery, mid-combo dexing, and the almost root-like heavies are still extremely prevalent.
  • Options

@416BlitzLightning @Yukzii_II @XSquad @Manup456

I’ll tag you guys since those are the comments saying the AI feels the same. That’s exactly what was intended.

From the original post:
    “The goal here is that the game should play the same as it does now, but we’ll be able to more consistently reproduce player reported issues”

“To reiterate, the goal at this stage is for you all to experience no discernible changes”

There seems to have been some misunderstanding with what this was supposed to do. This stage isn’t the Ai fix, this is laying the groundwork so that Kabam are fully in control of the reproduction of AI issues so they can better investigate, fix and improve in future.

“By transitioning over to this new system, we will have more thorough control in identifying, replicating and triaging potential bugs in the AI system.”

Hope that clears it up :)

Why should the AI play the same it it's bad from the beggining, there should be discernable changes, like a higher bias for sp 1 and 2 instead of an insta sp3 that ends up making no sense for the character your fighting, a lesser reaction time instead of the one that makes you get parried if you happen to hit block, or maybe fixing the hit registration which has been talked about for a while
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 773 ★★★★
    Watch any top player's stream. Half the time they are begging the AI to throw a special.
    If you haven't yelled "you're taunted bro!" you haven't lived.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

@416BlitzLightning @Yukzii_II @XSquad @Manup456

I’ll tag you guys since those are the comments saying the AI feels the same. That’s exactly what was intended.

From the original post:
    “The goal here is that the game should play the same as it does now, but we’ll be able to more consistently reproduce player reported issues”

“To reiterate, the goal at this stage is for you all to experience no discernible changes”

There seems to have been some misunderstanding with what this was supposed to do. This stage isn’t the Ai fix, this is laying the groundwork so that Kabam are fully in control of the reproduction of AI issues so they can better investigate, fix and improve in future.

“By transitioning over to this new system, we will have more thorough control in identifying, replicating and triaging potential bugs in the AI system.”

Hope that clears it up :)

Why should the AI play the same it it's bad from the beggining, there should be discernable changes, like a higher bias for sp 1 and 2 instead of an insta sp3 that ends up making no sense for the character your fighting, a lesser reaction time instead of the one that makes you get parried if you happen to hit block, or maybe fixing the hit registration which has been talked about for a while
    Because this stage wasn’t intended to improve the AI, this stage was intended to recreate the AI so it’s easier to fix
  • Options
    Shadow_ShooterShadow_Shooter Posts: 269 ★★★
    I used to be a whale but have cut down spending considerably given that i’m paying to shoot myself in the foot. At least this is how I’m feeling with this AI.

My current view isn't set in stone, and things could change, but my sentiment towards AI remains quite sour. I acknowledge that Kabam is making efforts with their recent changes, but it often seems like they fix one thing and ruin another simultaneously. They need to be more responsive to complaints.
  • Options
    dumdum420dumdum420 Posts: 6
    im gonna bow outta the game, Tired of keeping up with the Jones's