Alliance Quest Season 11 - Event Setup 2.0

Comments

• xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Member Posts: 1,397 ★★★★★
  • DragonbaneDragonbane Member Posts: 16
    Few questions based on week 1…

1) Honor Rewards - how to you get to 70,000 if running map 8 with eternal mods gets you 42,000?

2) Rewards - if we run a 7 day AQ cycle and rewards drop on Day 1 we cannot easily make changes to members in the alliance. Suggest dropping to 6 days and having Day 7 off for rewards…. Btw still haven’t received rank rewards and we are starting day 2 soon.

3) Locking Days after start - in the past we could start AQ late if we needed to wait for a recruit. Now it locks and forces us to wait for day 2…. Can we remove the lock to allow a late start on Day 1?

Thanks,
    Dragonbane
  • Kabam ZeroKabam Zero Moderator Posts: 165
    Hey everyone

Just wanted to give an update RE: ranked rewards not being paid out. We are aware of the issue and are actively looking into fixing it. No timeline as of yet but I'll try to update here when I know more. Sorry for the wait.
  • PseudonymousPseudonymous Member Posts: 35
    "No timeline"

That's what I was told about mastery points
    Also to add I'm following up with the team regarding the following
    • Honor reward milestone scaling
    • Map variations maybe not cycling as intended
  • Chris_SummersChris_Summers Member Posts: 262 ★★
    How about prestige after clearing map boss? It was the same issue last week so I thought this was a change to AQ as well.
  • DukenpukeDukenpuke Member Posts: 658 ★★★

Hey everyone

Just wanted to give an update RE: ranked rewards not being paid out. We are aware of the issue and are actively looking into fixing it. No timeline as of yet but I'll try to update here when I know more. Sorry for the wait.

Do members need to stay in their current alliance to get the rank rewards from last cycle? We have a number of alliance member changes that we've been looking to make since the BG season ended, but this delay is holding us up.
    Dukenpuke said:

Do members need to stay in their current alliance to get the rank rewards from last cycle? We have a number of alliance member changes that we've been looking to make since the BG season ended, but this delay is holding us up.

I would say that it is quite likely. Again sorry for the hold-up.

Dukenpuke said:

I would say that it is quite likely. Again sorry for the hold-up.
    Understood. Thanks for the confirmation.
    Here's an update from what I've found.

1. Map variations staying the same is a bug that we will be looking into fixing.

2. With regard to Honor Milestones. The top milestones are not yet meant to be achievable currently but will be in a future update. The current top milestone that is achievable should be the one that alliances could achieve before but now only need to do 4 days to achieve instead of 5.
    So prestige is meant to stay the same even after map boss clears?
  • RecovRecov Member Posts: 19

Crine60 said:

I am confused about the ending times of AQ. The new system says it runs until 12 pm PST. I live in the Eastern Time zone so I am always 3 hours ahead of the Pacific times Kabam lists (also should be 5 hours behind the UTC time from what I can tell). From my understanding of the time zones my AQ should be ending at 3 pm my time but it has been ending at 2 pm this week's cycle which would seem to be 11 am PST and 17:00 UTC.

Is this going to be corrected for next week or am I somehow not understanding how the time zones and Kabam's message work? Is this issue related to the clock changes we had recently, even though they didn't take place this week?

Was at first gonna re-state why the Pacific time listed above is different from what happens now..
    Announcement above was made *prior* to DST change day. So when they say 12 noon Pacific (prior to DST change day), that actual time NOW would be what is happening (11am Pacific, or 2pm Eastern).
    And that I just blindly assumed the associated (*now a fixed time based system in game*) of UTC time (doesn’t adjust for DST) mentioned was correct. BUT.. ..

But then did a double-take to see much more is wrong with original announcement.
    It probably should have said 19:00 UTC.
    Not the 18:00 UTC listed, or the 17:00 UTC you theorize in your comment.

Think it was a convention issue, with someone taking the normally 8pm London time and converting to military (24hr time) by just adding the “1” in front (but that only ads 10 hrs, not 12 hrs).
    Double confused by using that 8pm in DST summer time (which it was at time of announcement) instead of 8pm UTC (non-DST, or also winter).

So think couple mistakes compounded on each other as to what got written in announcement.

In the end, if 19:00 UTC is indeed correct (7pm UTC or London time during winter) will for *more than 6 months* of the year translate to the 3pm Eastern (12pm Pacific) that we are most accustomed to.
    And will only be that different time (1 hour earlier, local clocks, 2pm Eastern, 11am Pacific) during a lesser # of winter months during the year.

@“Kabam Zero”

I know this is a much smaller side issue than the rewards payout atm, but can you also comment on the time sync of AQ from the original post vs what’s been happening with AQ starting and ending 1 hr earlier than the original post? If we can just get a re-confirmation of what is suppose to be the start and end time of AQ. Would appreciate to know if this is a bug to be fixed or it’s current start/ending is correct. Appreciate any support you can provide.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,294 Guardian
    2 BG Setup - Error in History.

Run just 2 BG's (BG1 + BG3, having BG2 as an off day)
    Go into HISTORY, and it shows that you ran 2 BG's, but when scroll to view them individually it shows you BG1, but then also shows BG2 (which was empty).

It doesn’t scroll over to showing BG3 at all.

Happened last week, same problem this week too.

How about prestige after clearing map boss? It was the same issue last week so I thought this was a change to AQ as well.

Hey so for this part I assume you are referring to the prestige value that's listed on the header of the AQ landing screen. This value will now always state your alliance prestige without any scaling. The reason for this is that each battlegroup now scales that value individually due to them being able to be played on different days so it no longer is a global value for the entire alliance.

To be clear the prestige is still calculated based on the entire alliance's prestige but then scales after the boss clears for each battlegroup individually.

TLDR: It is still increasing each time but is no longer displayed on the header.

2 BG Setup - Error in History.

Run just 2 BG's (BG1 + BG3, having BG2 as an off day)
    Go into HISTORY, and it shows that you ran 2 BG's, but when scroll to view them individually it shows you BG1, but then also shows BG2 (which was empty).

It doesn’t scroll over to showing BG3 at all.

Happened last week, same problem this week too.

Thanks. I did see the previous post and we've got a bug written up for it.
  • Crine60Crine60 Member Posts: 1,415 ★★★★

Here's an update from what I've found.

1. Map variations staying the same is a bug that we will be looking into fixing.

2. With regard to Honor Milestones. The top milestones are not yet meant to be achievable currently but will be in a future update. The current top milestone that is achievable should be the one that alliances could achieve before but now only need to do 4 days to achieve instead of 5.

Along with point 1 about the map variations, can you comment on if the regular enemy (not mini/boss) change(s) in the map (I have only played map 6 since new format so can't comment on any other maps and only know the path I take so can only say I don't recall Anti-Venom being on the 2nd section outside right path before Thor (Jane Foster) but there could be other changes too) are intentional or are a mistake because I don't recall seeing mention of changing any of the regular AQ enemies.

Also, completely off topic so I apologize but your attention seems to be on this thread at the moment, is there any chance of reworking the level up screen iso section that was changed with the addition of the unit leveling button? It is a real annoyance to now only have clear access to view and select 7 pieces of iso at a time.

Hey so for this part I assume you are referring to the prestige value that's listed on the header of the AQ landing screen. This value will now always state your alliance prestige without any scaling. The reason for this is that each battlegroup now scales that value individually due to them being able to be played on different days so it no longer is a global value for the entire alliance.

To be clear the prestige is still calculated based on the entire alliance's prestige but then scales after the boss clears for each battlegroup individually.

TLDR: It is still increasing each time but is no longer displayed on the header.

ew… sounds awful in the long run for acumulated score but atleast thank you for answering back. 😘
    @Recov About your question on timing, the way it is now is intended. AQ will now disregard daylight savings time. This means if you are fortunate enough to live in a place that has no daylight savings time it will always start at the same time it has been so far. If you are like us and have to suffer daylight savings time then it will start an hour later once daylight savings is over.
    edited November 2023
    ** New PRESTIGE INCREASE Calculation .. per BG, per DAY **

Interesting.
    I guess that makes sense so this would prevent a “mixed-strength, mixed-map” Alliance from front-loading their Lower Maps days 1-4, build Prestige, then run their Higher Maps days 4-7, to artificially inflate their Prestige-based Points for a higher score than what they used to get running same mix of Maps (*not direct compare, because of the 4 vs 5 days, but you get the point).

* ISSUE now is that you can NOT see individually for your BG's what the current Prestige is each day for each BG.
    You would have to look at History, view the Individual BG panes, and see each of their own Increases.
    While the “Overall” pane in History each day does still show a cumulative increase across all BG's that day, that Prestige Increase in “Overall” is basically MEANINGLESS since no individual BG scoring for next day would actually be based on that “Overall” increase (*unless you are running ALL 3 BG's all on the SAME DAYS).

——
    (EDIT - *Hey, wait a minute..)
    Previously, Prestige increase was based on ALL 3 BG (COMBINED) every day. Example, 3x BG's each earning a +1000 increase on day-1 (so overall day-1 was +3000).
    So I assume the way it worked before was that day-2, every BG now had increased node-points based on +3000 prestige.

So now you’re saying that day-2 each BG will have points based ONLY on +1000 (just their own increase).

** Doesn’t that mean that overall points are gonna be LESS that what they would have been (relative to 4 vs 5) ??
    Or have you factored this into the updated MILESTONES too (along with the various other changes) ??
    (or, factored into HOW STRONG of node opponent increase is based on Prestige increase ?)
    (other FYI for people)

Seems like RANK rewards have gone out now (around couple hours ago).

And note that this week the MiniBoss profile (on the 3 x 7 Setup Grid) does appear to be different on the CURRENT vs the NEXT Week tabs.
    Last week I thought the Current vs Next were showing the same Mini profile. So maybe that was something fixed since last week (or I was mistaken about seeing the same Mini profile).
    (related to people asking about the different Variations not cycling the last 2 weeks).
  • DenRodDenRod Member Posts: 43

Few questions based on week 1…

1) Honor Rewards - how to you get to 70,000 if running map 8 with eternal mods gets you 42,000?

2) Rewards - if we run a 7 day AQ cycle and rewards drop on Day 1 we cannot easily make changes to members in the alliance. Suggest dropping to 6 days and having Day 7 off for rewards…. Btw still haven’t received rank rewards and we are starting day 2 soon.

3) Locking Days after start - in the past we could start AQ late if we needed to wait for a recruit. Now it locks and forces us to wait for day 2…. Can we remove the lock to allow a late start on Day 1?

Thanks,
    Dragonbane

Does anyone have a solid information regarding Dragonbane’s 2)? I was wandering if when switching alliances, since now we are supposed to receive rewards proportionate to the maps we played, we will still receive the rewards of the week when changing alliances if, say, we are still able to play 4 days (i.e. the alliance we’re switching to started the 1st day map after we joined)

@Recov About your question on timing, the way it is now is intended. AQ will now disregard daylight savings time. This means if you are fortunate enough to live in a place that has no daylight savings time it will always start at the same time it has been so far. If you are like us and have to suffer daylight savings time then it will start an hour later once daylight savings is over.

A couple points that I think are causing confusion. In the original post, Jax said that the new daily AQ was going to start "Monday - Sunday, 18:00 UTC (12 pm PST - Vancouver Time)."

1. Common mistake from people that aren't used to military time. 12PM PST (or 8PM GMT) time is 20:00 UTC, not 18:00.

2. The original post suggested that AQ was going to start daily at noon "PST." This announcement was made prior to the end of DST. So if the current in-game start time that we've been running is the correct start time, then the announcement should have said 11 am PST or 12 pm PDT.

According to the currently published post, AQ is starting one hour early every day. If this is intended as you suggest, then the post should probably be updated to "Monday - Sunday, 19:00 UTC (11 am PST - Vancouver Time)" to avoid confusion.
    Dukenpuke said:

A couple points that I think are causing confusion. In the original post, Jax said that the new daily AQ was going to start "Monday - Sunday, 18:00 UTC (12 pm PST - Vancouver Time)."

1. Common mistake from people that aren't used to military time. 12PM PST (or 8PM GMT) time is 20:00 UTC, not 18:00.

2. The original post suggested that AQ was going to start daily at noon "PST." This announcement was made prior to the end of DST. So if the current in-game start time that we've been running is the correct start time, then the announcement should have said 11 am PST or 12 pm PDT.

According to the currently published post, AQ is starting one hour early every day. If this is intended as you suggest, then the post should probably be updated to "Monday - Sunday, 19:00 UTC (11 am PST - Vancouver Time)" to avoid confusion.
    Which is basically what I mentioned in one of my earlier comments higher up (one with the multi-color rainbow grid of times) 😀

But to add to that, the originally unnoticed error where it says Monday to Sunday (correct if talking about the “start” for each day, but if it meant the overall cycle duration like it seemed to refer to then it should have said Monday to Monday).
    Dukenpuke said:

But to add to that, the originally unnoticed error where it says Monday to Sunday (correct if talking about the “start” for each day, but if it meant the overall cycle duration like it seemed to refer to then it should have said Monday to Monday).

Why is time so confusing? Think I've fixed both of these in the original post to hopefully be more correct and clear.

** New PRESTIGE INCREASE Calculation .. per BG, per DAY **

Interesting.
    I guess that makes sense so this would prevent a “mixed-strength, mixed-map” Alliance from front-loading their Lower Maps days 1-4, build Prestige, then run their Higher Maps days 4-7, to artificially inflate their Prestige-based Points for a higher score than what they used to get running same mix of Maps (*not direct compare, because of the 4 vs 5 days, but you get the point).

* ISSUE now is that you can NOT see individually for your BG's what the current Prestige is each day for each BG.
    You would have to look at History, view the Individual BG panes, and see each of their own Increases.
    While the “Overall” pane in History each day does still show a cumulative increase across all BG's that day, that Prestige Increase in “Overall” is basically MEANINGLESS since no individual BG scoring for next day would actually be based on that “Overall” increase (*unless you are running ALL 3 BG's all on the SAME DAYS).

——
    (EDIT - *Hey, wait a minute..)
    Previously, Prestige increase was based on ALL 3 BG (COMBINED) every day. Example, 3x BG's each earning a +1000 increase on day-1 (so overall day-1 was +3000).
    So I assume the way it worked before was that day-2, every BG now had increased node-points based on +3000 prestige.

So now you’re saying that day-2 each BG will have points based ONLY on +1000 (just their own increase).

** Doesn’t that mean that overall points are gonna be LESS that what they would have been (relative to 4 vs 5) ??
    Or have you factored this into the updated MILESTONES too (along with the various other changes) ??
    (or, factored into HOW STRONG of node opponent increase is based on Prestige increase ?)
    So I did a bit of asking around and is seems like they still advance the same amount as they previously did but only taking into account that specific BG's clears. There is a display issue in the history page that may not be displaying that correctly now, but it is how it works under the hood according to what I've been told.

Why is time so confusing? Think I've fixed both of these in the original post to hopefully be more correct and clear.

Thx, but not to beat a dead horse, you changed it to say 11 PM PST (not AM, lol).
    But at this point don’t think people go back and re-read the original on page-1, even if it's corrected.

As for BG Prestige (OCD kicking in).. Do you mean if each BG's Prestige only goes up just for that own BG, was that how it always worked (don’t think so) ?
    Or that now the alliance should just expect that their increased SCORE will be less now because Prestige Increases will be basically 1/3rd as before ?
    Or that, with the lesser increase (so 1/3rd what used to be), the appropriate node strength (and thus Points) are instead increasing at 3x the relative Prestige increase to make up for this (and thus make the SCORES more equivalent, albeit just 4 days).
    *or basically, whatever was done, is this ALSO taken into account with everything else as to where the new Milestones Point Levels were set ??
  • Roguefrogger13Roguefrogger13 Member Posts: 415 ★★
    Anyone else not receive glory for the last 2 weeks? Apparently I'm the only player in my alliance not to receive AQ rewards last week and so far nothing this week. Help would be appreciated 🙏🏻

Anyone else not receive glory for the last 2 weeks? Apparently I'm the only player in my alliance not to receive AQ rewards last week and so far nothing this week. Help would be appreciated 🙏🏻

Well, first, for this week, you’re not likely to have gotten series-ending rewards (Glory) after only 25 minutes after the weekly series had just ended (as of the time you wrote that above).
    (as of this evening, I have received mine now, not sure how soon it had come in, but wasn’t within 25 minutes).

As for last week, just to make sure, did you actually get in some AQ days that prior week ? (and weren’t a new member of your alliance for that week where maybe you hadn’t qualified time-wise yet) ??
  • ptmcptmc Member Posts: 1
    Map Rewards are no longer shared between all alliance members or Battlegroups. You will only get map rewards for the maps YOU play.

Are glory and milestone rewards shared between all alliance members even f they only do 1 or 2 maps?
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
    Can this be moved to News and Announcements category?