Options

BG draft order still not random

I'm 5 fights into the season and I've selected first each time.

I realize that 5 isn't yet a statistical improbability. But I am cataloging this to hopefully get some traction and a response. I didn't see a single thread on this issue from last season that got an admin response.

Comments

• Options
    MofuggerMofugger Posts: 76
    Matches 6-8

• Options
    PeregrinusPeregrinus Posts: 44
    I'm 12 fights into the season and I've selected first each time.🤣 Same like last season.

• Options
    Fights 9-11

• Options
    Matches 12-14

• Options
    BignosBignos Posts: 7
    Still making me pick first every time too. 20 fights and always picking first. Makes BGs not fun anymore
  • Options
    I will continuously enter all the statistics from this BGs season here. if this is not random, how can we believe that matchmaking and other content work correctly?
  • Options
    GogiGogi Posts: 449 ★★★
    Pick order does not matter, it's same format..
    Also what make you you think you are the only one picking first? for all you know your opponent could go 50 matches as first picker.
  • Options
    Matches 15-18. The casual observer will note that I am now 17 and 1 at getting first pick.

• Options
    Matches 13-17 (includes one rage quit). Nothing new - still "random" first pick. @Kabam Miike what is with my account wrong?

• Options
    Matches 19-21. Picked first in 20 of 21. Your disagrees nourish me.

• Options
    ShivacruxShivacrux Posts: 409 ★★★
    Legend has it that the more you talk about it the more it would be going to happen
  • Options

I will continuously enter all the statistics from this BGs season here. if this is not random, how can we believe that matchmaking and other content work correctly?

It isn’t completely random. Kabam is aware of the situation and it is among the things they are investigating and/or working on for the game mode.
  • Options
    Matches 18-21. Nothing new - still first pick🤮

• Options
    Matches 22-28. Nothing new - still first pick. 🤮Devs, can you stop sticking your head in the sand and take a stand on this? when will you fix it? How do you want to compensate my lost time and wasted resources?

• Options
    StatureStature Posts: 424 ★★★
    If it helps, you are not alone. I'm 8 on 8 picking first this season. After last season where I picked second twice in over a 100 matches. There are a few more threads from last season where others have had this issue.

This has been around for a while, never been officially acknowledged. You aren't going to find any sympathy on the forums for this or an acknowledgement from the team. It could be a top priority for the devs or not, we don't know. When there is a fix it'll probably be in the patch notes. I wouldn't expect any additional communication on this.

• Options
    Stature said:

If it helps, you are not alone. I'm 8 on 8 picking first this season. After last season where I picked second twice in over a 100 matches. There are a few more threads from last season where others have had this issue.

This has been around for a while, never been officially acknowledged. You aren't going to find any sympathy on the forums for this or an acknowledgement from the team. It could be a top priority for the devs or not, we don't know. When there is a fix it'll probably be in the patch notes. I wouldn't expect any additional communication on this.

I also had the same problem last season, but I had no proof. Now I record every round.

I'm not asking for anyone's sympathy. I'm pointing out a bug that systematically damages some players. I will point to it until the developers issue an official statement.🖖
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,351 ★★★★
    I've been the same but I'm only.playing for the bi-daily rewards so I've only had 9 so far.
  • Options

Stature said:

I also had the same problem last season, but I had no proof. Now I record every round.

I'm not asking for anyone's sympathy. I'm pointing out a bug that systematically damages some players. I will point to it until the developers issue an official statement.🖖
    Good luck to you and you have my support on this.

I agree that this is a substantial cost on people who are affected, equivalent of hundreds of units, probably more. If you keep continuing just be prepared that some forum members will try to shut you down, irrespective of the proof you have.
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 671 ★★★★
    edited November 2023
    ALL of my matches in bg at this point i selected first, at this point i just expect it to happen and move on, it's really annoying but what can i do =/
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    Winners adapt, losers make excuses.
  • Options
    DocWestDocWest Posts: 67
    I’ve selected first every single match this season. Last season I only selected second about 4 times and that was towards the very end of the season when I graduated to GC. I fully expect to always select first at this point and have gotten used to it. The rare occasion where I select second genuinely confuses me for a few seconds. I try tapping a champ until I realize it’s not mine or that character is not even in my deck lol
  • Options

Easy to say when you are benefiting from it. Who is making excuses, nobody has complained about the difficulty of matches. An objective penalty which is guaranteed to bring down win rates is not an excuse.
  • Options
    Crossy76Crossy76 Posts: 81
    there was plenty of post about this. all seems ignored by kabam mcoc team .
    is it a problem?
    yes it is .
    will kabam respond?
    I don't think so.
  • Options
    Stature said:

Easy to say when you are benefiting from it. Who is making excuses, nobody has complained about the difficulty of matches. An objective penalty which is guaranteed to bring down win rates is not an excuse.
    Wrong. The better player should win regardless of the draft order. Draft RNG is a much bigger factor than draft order in determining the winner.
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,371 ★★★★★

Stature said:

Wrong. The better player should win regardless of the draft order. Draft RNG is a much bigger factor than draft order in determining the winner.
    Agree with that however always picking first is a bug and should be fixed.
  • Options
    edited November 2023

Stature said:

Doesn't matter what is a bigger factor. Draft order is still a factor. Permanent picking first is a handicap I have to deal with and you don't. In fact, everyone who isn't suffering from the bug is actually benefiting by picking first more often than they would in a fair system, by passing on that handicap to a small set of players. So, it is fairly ridiculous of you to come and belittle the people you are freeriding on.
  • Options
    Stature said:

Stature said:

Doesn't matter what is a bigger factor. Draft order is still a factor. Permanent picking first is a handicap I have to deal with and you don't. In fact, everyone who isn't suffering from the bug is actually benefiting by picking first more often than they would in a fair system, by passing on that handicap to a small set of players. So, it is fairly ridiculous of you to come an belittle the people you are freeriding on.
    You can get better and deal with it or complain on the forums and hope it changes. I know what I'd choose.