Is 7* Storm pyramid x worth a rank 2?

AllbrightAllbright Member Posts: 54
I've been testing her out at r1 and to be honest, I'm not impressed with the damage without horseman and synergies

Comments

• Adri5846Adri5846 Member Posts: 55
    I'm not impressed too. What is the optimal rotation? I dont see much damage.

Sure i dont know how to play with her...
  • 007Bishop007Bishop Member Posts: 489 ★★★
    Adri5846 said:

I'm not impressed too. What is the optimal rotation? I dont see much damage.

Sure i dont know how to play with her...

So which one is it - you don't see much damage or you don't know how to play with her? Because her damage was always her selling point and she was never lacking in it.

Build her prowess, parry, heavy charge to build her dormant prowess and then sp2
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Member Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    edited November 2023
    Rank 1 Storm X:

(granted, she’s a horseman in this clip, but if you can do half the damage without it, she’s still got plenty damage)
  • LioLennLioLenn Member Posts: 18
    Dont forget she is a great defender with her glancing. I would R3 her but got science instead of mutant gem from necro 😅
  • SligSlig Member Posts: 370 ★★
    She’s. Beast for me in BG when she doesn’t get banned.
  • Cap_MuricaCap_Murica Member Posts: 337 ★★★
    She was my first 7R2. Crazy damage even when she's not a HOTA. Zero regrets...
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,358 ★★★★★

Rank 1 Storm X:

(granted, she’s a horseman in this clip, but if you can do half the damage without it, she’s still got plenty damage)

It looks like I’ve been playing her wrong the whole time as i was parrying then charging the heavy into sp2, and the fact she has such a long animation before the sp2 makes contact means they would just have broken free from the stun by then.

So you instead keep a safe distance and then charge from far away? Isnt that risky if they dash in to you?

Also how does her damage compare to someone like Bishop
  • evilKINGwilsonevilKINGwilson Member Posts: 214
    Does she need duped?
    Polygon said:

Rank 1 Storm X:

It looks like I’ve been playing her wrong the whole time as i was parrying then charging the heavy into sp2, and the fact she has such a long animation before the sp2 makes contact means they would just have broken free from the stun by then.

So you instead keep a safe distance and then charge from far away? Isnt that risky if they dash in to you?

I would say if you have 5 prowess buffs, you can charge from a distance… If the opponent dashes at you early, you can cancel into the special before reaching 100%, damage will still be good. If they don’t dash in, you charge to 100 and then cancel into special, it will be unblockable…

Also, this is why she excels against purifying skill champs: Her passive stun is longer and gives more time to charge the heavy.

I would say, damage wise her sp2 hits harder than bishops, but his is easier to ramp up…
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,979 ★★★★★
    Wait for sometime cuz id you r2 her today and pull a sunspot next week it is tragic.
    7* mutant roster is kinda stacked well, so I wouldn't invest resources on her.

Wait for sometime cuz id you r2 her today and pull a sunspot next week it is tragic.

Polygon said:

Rank 1 Storm X:

I would say if you have 5 prowess buffs, you can charge from a distance… If the opponent dashes at you early, you can cancel into the special before reaching 100%, damage will still be good. If they don’t dash in, you charge to 100 and then cancel into special, it will be unblockable…

Also, this is why she excels against purifying skill champs: Her passive stun is longer and gives more time to charge the heavy.

I would say, damage wise her sp2 hits harder than bishops, but his is easier to ramp up…
    Would you still be able to do the charge from a distance if the enemy has a bar of power or they can throw it? It says her lightning tempest mode grants up to 90% extra damage based on the enemys power, so this can boost it even more...

Hmm, I dont have bishop, so I’m curious why everyone ranks him over Storm PX if she does more damage. Is it because he shreds the shrug/cleanse skill champs better than her? Like korg /Zemo etc. Or cause hes a better dual threat (better on defense) than her?
    Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Rank 1 Storm X:

Would you still be able to do the charge from a distance if the enemy has a bar of power or they can throw it? It says her lightning tempest mode grants up to 90% extra damage based on the enemys power, so this can boost it even more...

Hmm, I dont have bishop, so I’m curious why everyone ranks him over Storm PX if she does more damage. Is it because he shreds the shrug/cleanse skill champs better than her? Like korg /Zemo etc. Or cause hes a better dual threat (better on defense) than her?
    You already described why bishop's greater than storm px.
    Also if storm px didn't crit on sp2(majority of time) the damage is kinda low.
    edited November 2023

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Rank 1 Storm X:

Bishop depends on crit damage with his specials as well… And storm is the better Korg Counter, because she deals energy damage with basic attacks, so no counter-damage from Korg’s rock shield…

Still, I personally like Bishop more… He has access to healing, can purify bleeds, has easier access to prowess and doesn’t REALLY stand behind storm in terms of damage and defensive utility… Plus, he was my favorite member of the X-Men as a child… 😂

But that doesn’t take away from Storm that she is worth the r2… Who knows when OP will pull a bishop or Sunspot…

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Rank 1 Storm X:

Bishop depends on crit damage with his specials as well… And storm is the better Korg Counter, because she deals energy damage with basic attacks, so no counter-damage from Korg’s rock shield…

Still, I personally like Bishop more… He has access to healing, can purify bleeds, has easier access to prowess and doesn’t REALLY stand behind storm in terms of damage and defensive utility… Plus, he was my favorite member of the X-Men as a child… 😂

But that doesn’t take away from Storm that she is worth the r2… Who knows when OP will pull a bishop or Sunspot…
    But but, bishop can just spam sp1 and see korg die out of purify. He seems to be a better korg counter.
    Yes she maybe worthy of r2 tho. But she's not top 3 in mutant for me as I prefer domino over her.

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Rank 1 Storm X:

But but, bishop can just spam sp1 and see korg die out of purify. He seems to be a better korg counter.
    Yes she maybe worthy of r2 tho. But she's not top 3 in mutant for me as I prefer domino over her.
    Ok, Bishop really seems to be a nice Korg counter! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2HfS-kHNwQ&pp=ygUTbWNvYyBiaXNob3AgdnMga29yZw%3D%3D
    edited November 2023
    @G-Hun-Gear @captain_rogers i know this is off topic , but between Storm PX, Gorr, and Spider Gwen, who do you think is the least problematic defender in BGs of the 3 and who is the most?

I’m trying to get rid of at least 1 maybe 2 of them from my deck to fit room for other champs. Each of them can be useful on attack as well, and can be pain points if the enemy doesn’t have a counter.

I think gorr has the most counters to him though? Even AA can struggle against a spider gwen with bad RNG if the limber mastery is maxed. And storm PX cant glance specials, so high damage champs should kill her fast? Just not ones that rely on buffs to get their damage like CGR or Hulkling since she can glance those

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Rank 1 Storm X:

Ok, Bishop really seems to be a nice Korg counter! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2HfS-kHNwQ&pp=ygUTbWNvYyBiaXNob3AgdnMga29yZw%3D%3D
    This works to but sp1 spam is better and satisfying
    Polygon said:

@G-Hun-Gear @captain_rogers i know this is off topic , but between Storm PX, Gorr, and Spider Gwen, who do you think is the least problematic defender in BGs of the 3 and who is the most?

I’m trying to get rid of at least 1 maybe 2 of them from my deck to fit room for other champs. Each of them can be useful on attack as well, and can be pain points if the enemy doesn’t have a counter.

I think gorr has the most counters to him though? Even AA can struggle against a spider gwen with bad RNG if the limber mastery is maxed. And storm PX cant glance specials, so high damage champs should kill her fast? Just not ones that rely on buffs to get their damage like CGR or Hulkling since she can glance those

Gorr is easy defender but he performs well against some tech champs, storm is a dual threat and spidy is the best defender among 3
    So if you want a pure defender go with spidy, otherwise storm is fine.