**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Grandmaster prompts not visible - any suggestions?

Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
My GM prompts are appearing for only a split second, or not at all, or kind of half appearing (just grandmaster says).

Any suggestions? Could be relic? Obviously cannot change it now but it's getting very frustrating and don't want to keep throwing units at it.

Check video here:
https://streamable.com/mki5v4

Comments

• Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    edited November 2023
    Sean_Who said:

My GM prompts are appearing for only a split second, or not at all, or kind of half appearing (just grandmaster says).

Any suggestions? Could be relic? Obviously cannot change it now but it's getting very frustrating and don't want to keep throwing units at it.

Check video here:
    https://streamable.com/mki5v4

I'm not sure, but I did notice when I was watching content creators the prompts appear for a good few seconds yet during my three runs it literally flashes up and it's gone. Hopefully someone has input as it didn't hinder me too much but definitely caused a death or so extra. I thought it was Aegon lowering AA at first but no, other creators use Aegon and don't have the same issue.
  • Options
    MiniMFMiniMF Posts: 847 ★★★★
    i also had the problem, not a relic thing that hide the challenged but basically if you dont know what to do you can pause and read the challenge
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,222 ★★★★★
    In phase 1 (100-60) I had to keep track by looking at icons what action is banned.
    In phase 2 (60-30), I paused every single efin time after a callout. And remember if it was purple or orange(not purple don't remember the color) but not purple. Grandmaster says is always purple.

I know it's not intended, but things happen...
    Adapt and move forward.

It sucks and am also sure it will get fixed for future players. Whinning about it won't make a difference in that particular run. Not saying OP is whinning but some people in line chats were.
  • Options

In phase 1 (100-60) I had to keep track by looking at icons what action is banned.
    In phase 2 (60-30), I paused every single efin time after a callout. And remember if it was purple or orange(not purple don't remember the color) but not purple. Grandmaster says is always purple.

I know it's not intended, but things happen...
    Adapt and move forward.

It sucks and am also sure it will get fixed for future players. Whinning about it won't make a difference in that particular run. Not saying OP is whinning but some people in line chats were.

Yes, phase one not so bad to deal with, still cost me a couple revives until I figured out what was going out – but other phases it's so fast, or sometimes it didn't even pop up at all to see the colour.

I won't be exploring for a while yet, so I'm hopeful it will be fixed, but just a bit gutted I didn't get to experience the fight as it was meant. Took the fun right out of it.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,211 ★★★★
    Just did the run some hours ago, I changed my Black Panther to Valk relic because a player said that Black Panther relic was bugged, and as soon as you apply the Vulnerability debuff, the prompts do not appear
  • Options
    I brought this up to the team. Would you mind sharing which phone you were using for this fight? It could be an issue related to a certain phone type
  • Options
    StephD87StephD87 Posts: 64
    I had the same issue and just kept pausing the game to see what the prompts were. I just kept throwing in revives at that point hoping it would eventually work out lol.
  • Options
    HalordonHalordon Posts: 17
    Same issue. Ipad air, 4th gen.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

I brought this up to the team. Would you mind sharing which phone you were using for this fight? It could be an issue related to a certain phone type

Initially not in bug report, because I wanted suggestions mid-fight, and that's where threads go to die lol.

It was a Huawei P20 Pro.
    StephD87 said:

I had the same issue and just kept pausing the game to see what the prompts were. I just kept throwing in revives at that point hoping it would eventually work out lol.

I don't think I actually wounded him in phase 3 lol, if I didn't have Aegon I would have probably been screwed.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,211 ★★★★
    Sean_Who said:

Pikolu said:

Initially not in bug report, because I wanted suggestions mid-fight, and that's where threads go to die lol.

It was a Huawei P20 Pro.
    StephD87 said:

I don't think I actually wounded him in phase 3 lol, if I didn't have Aegon I would have probably been screwed.
    Do you have Black Panther relic equipped?
  • Options
    HalordonHalordon Posts: 17
    Apparently it is an issue with aegon and the black panther relic - which was what I used.
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 ★★★★
    That said my only 6 star skill relic is black panther. Kinda sucks
  • Options
    Sean_Who said:

Pikolu said:

While it isn't a bug report, that is a really bad bug that should be fixed asap. It is currently under investigation. I, or someone else, will report back if it gets fixed.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Sean_Who said:

Pikolu said:

While it isn't a bug report, that is a really bad bug that should be fixed asap. It is currently under investigation. I, or someone else, will report back if it gets fixed.
    Thanks, support are aware, although I'm not sure just how proactive they are with bugs.

Was aware of BP relic, that's why I avoided it, I tried Moondragon but she has the same WS relic, and the same issues – in hindsight I should have tried Nick as he was relic-less while I was dumping units.

Also turned off combo tracking at one point thinking that could possibly do it, but no dice.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

I also had this same issue.
    On an iphone and was using Aegon.

In phase 2 also only saw the prompts some of the time, and the rest of the time only saw “Grandmaster says” without anything else displayed.
  • Options
    travgianttravgiant Posts: 19
    I had this problem also
    Was using aegon with 6 star valk relic
    iPad Pro

This cost me quite a few revives
  • Options
    StephD87StephD87 Posts: 64
    I believe I had a 5* black widow relic with my aegon. And I have an iPhone 14.
  • Options
    MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Posts: 901 ★★★★
    Samsung S22, same issue
  • Options
    GardoshGardosh Posts: 77
    Pikolu said:

Sean_Who said:

Pikolu said:

Thanks for this! I had the same issue (Aegon with Valk relic on iPad mini 5th generation). I first went to the bug board and didn't see anything, so I'm glad to see this thread. :)
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike is this being looked at? If the relic is bugging the GM and the prompts aren’t showing thats a serious issue! Can someone have a check?!?
  • Options
    gage201205gage201205 Posts: 574 ★★★
    Yeah if i didnt have aegon powering through would have been a nightmare. But cost me some revives, but honestly didnt cost me anymore revives than that phase 4 lol
  • Options
    ChrisPowellChrisPowell Posts: 114
    I had this problem with the winter soldier relic.

Keep having to pause it to figure out what to do
  • Options
    EmomikeEmomike Posts: 200 ★★
    S21 ws relic same issue
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,537 ★★★★★
    Sounds like any relic...
  • Options
    Chosen85Chosen85 Posts: 22
    Same happened to me. Cost me a nice amount of revives.
  • Options
    DocWestDocWest Posts: 67
    Really hope this gets fixed soon. It’s keeping me from attempting my first run.
  • Options
    Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 669 ★★★
    I've been exploring the grandmaster quest today. The prompt doesn't disappear as quick🙁