**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Account sharing

Hi guys, i wanted to know that if i can get ban if i share an account with my brother he lives in saudi Arabia while i live in the uae will i get banned?or am i good to play it please someone answer this

Comments

• Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,201 ★★★★★
    No against the tos he have to make he’s Owen account
  • Options
    smdam38smdam38 Posts: 846 ★★★
    I would use separate accounts.
    I once tried to show the boy how to play and he got a piloting warning.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    I once got a warning for playing on two devices a while back one at my house one at my girlfriend's. We live in the same town, so I'd hate to see how it'd work if you live in different countries.
  • Options
    For all the disagrees, he was at my house, logged in with his account on his phone.
    Show me where that’s a ToS violation?
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    I’ll quote them right now if you think I broke any ToS. Y’all probably haven’t even read ‘em.
  • Options
    It’s not account sharing. Shouldn’t have to tell them that.
    It’s not our “job” to weed out cheating. If what you say is true, you’ve broken none of their horribly written terms and conditions.

Nobody ever reads them but I got bored and decided to.
  • Options
    I’ll be an expert at this for a day or two then move on to something else.
  • Options
    It was his device with his account. This is so ridiculous and unenforceable.
    My son is sitting next to me and I show him how to fight a round. Are you calling that piloting?

Good luck trying to enforce that.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

smdam38 said:

It was his device with his account. This is so ridiculous and unenforceable.
    My son is sitting next to me and I show him how to fight a round. Are you calling that piloting?

Good luck trying to enforce that.

You must have been doing something else. Kabam can't tell which of you is playing. They don't track your fingerprints or use the camera on the phone to track who is using the account like how you're describing. It's just not possible for you to do 1 or 2 fights and then all the sudden receive an in-game message about "piloting", Something tells me you're trying to fan the fire and telling fake stories.
    This is what I'm thinking too because a message doesn't pop up, it would show the ban screen with a 7 day ban.
    I mean we all got a random message a few months back reminding us that piloting isn't against ToS but I haven't ever heard of anyone receiving special messages warning against piloting.
  • Options
    It’s still his account. I haven’t logged in with his username/password.
    “Any and all activities?”
    Kabaam now decides this?

Just because you put it in legal jargon doesn’t mean it’s actually legal.
  • Options
    I’m honestly not and worried that you actually think anything put in a terms and conditions statement/policy is legally binding.
  • Options
    Check Termly for mobile app terms and conditions and see if it doesn’t look pretty similar. Then look at how many times the consumer won cases because of this:
    The terms need to be fair

Read the ToS and tell me a judge would deem these fair.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,432 ★★★★
    smdam38 said:

Check Termly for mobile app terms and conditions and see if it doesn’t look pretty similar. Then look at how many times the consumer won cases because of this:

Listen, I've paid a lot of lawyers to do a lot of things in my 50+ years on this planet. You can get any number of them to do whatever you want, but the starting cost is $5k for just basic boilerplate stuff, and lawsuits you can expect at least $10k. If anyone's willing to pay that, they'll take their chances at an outcome, and that's that. If you're lucky you settle, but those fee s add up like a mofo.

So you ask would a judge deem these fair? Pay the fee and find out.
  • Options

What wasn’t valid?
  • Options

smdam38 said:

Listen, I've paid a lot of lawyers to do a lot of things in my 50+ years on this planet. You can get any number of them to do whatever you want, but the starting cost is $5k for just basic boilerplate stuff, and lawsuits you can expect at least $10k. If anyone's willing to pay that, they'll take their chances at an outcome, and that's that. If you're lucky you settle, but those fee s add up like a mofo.

So you ask would a judge deem these fair? Pay the fee and find out.
    Ok. It’s just money and we can all make more.