**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Please help me pick my Necro completion team/rank ups

Hey all, I'm planning to do a Necropolis completion run based around Aegon. I've seen a few different posts, and the general consensus has been a team consisting of Aegon, Proxima, Heimdall, reverse control immune (I'll be using 7* awakened Wiccan) and either Shuri or N Fury. I have all of the above listed, and here are their ranks:

Aegon 6r5 max sig and ascended
Proxima 6r1 unawakened
Heimdall 6r1 unawakened
Wiccan awakened sig 20
Shuri 7r1 unawakened
Fury 6r4 awakened

My first question is, would you recommend my final slot be filled by Shuri or Fury? My second question is would you rank up any of the champs listed, especially Wiccan and Shuri (if she's a better choice than Fury.) I can r2 both Wiccan and Shuri if needed, but I've seen someone mention that Wiccan not be ranked just to deal with the reverse control phase of GM. I plan on thaking the Titania "easy" path. If there's someone else that could be recommended over Shuri/Fury, I'm open to the option as I have a pretty good roster to choose from. But the consensus seems to be with those two, so I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts. Also, I can awaken Prox and Heim if needed, but I don't see the need to as they seem to be for synergies only, and aren't reliant on their sig abilities. Please give some input/suggestions as I'd like to start my run over the next few days. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Wolfman80Wolfman80 Posts: 31
    edited November 2023
    I've only run that one path so far, so there's probably better views out there. However, I wouldn't awaken Prox or Heim, they are only for synergy, you'll never use them. As for Wiccan, if you are only using him for that final phase on GM, he also doesn't need the rank up. It's more about building power to throw specials to get rid of the protection. His damage doesn't really matter. I brought in Fury for my run, but plan to bring Shuri next time.
  • Options
    jayb8008jayb8008 Posts: 79
    Thanks for the quick reply. Why are you planning on Shuri over Fury for your next run? Is it path dependant, or do you just think she is the better overall choice?
  • Options
    So Fury and kill him off for that attack increase?
  • Options
    I also forgot to add about Wiccan.....I anticipate using him for other fights, particularly the Capt Britain fight for her reverse controls. I think I saw another fight or two where he might be useful (maybe Nova...I can't remember atm). Would taking him to r2 be adviseable for use outside of the GM reverse control phase, or should I just plan on steamrolling the other fights with Aegon?
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,943 ★★★★★
    Following.
    I'm doing rhe exact same thing, sometime before January 15th and Aegon will be my team focus as well.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,039 ★★★★★
    Personally, I'd probably do Shuri just because she could save you a few revives on some fights. Sure the main one on your team will be Ægon but if you can save a few revives here and there on certain fights why not? At least that's what I would do if I had brought Ægon on my first run, I didn't cause I'm an Ægon hater lol.
  • Options
    Yeah, I just watched a video where the guy brought Shuri. He said she was very good for the Capt Britain fight. I guess I have to decide if it's better to have a counter for a few fights, or increased attack for all fights.
  • Options
    Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 756 ★★★
    jayb8008 said:

Yeah, I just watched a video where the guy brought Shuri. He said she was very good for the Capt Britain fight. I guess I have to decide if it's better to have a counter for a few fights, or increased attack for all fights.

Same here. I'm leaning towards shuri cause I really suck at & don't want to deal with cap brit reverse controls. The attack boost from fury would be nice, but having another actual option for other fights just seems like a better idea
  • Options
    jayb8008 said:

Basically, yeah. Personally, I just don't think Ægon needs that extra attack to do what he does when he's fully ramped so yeah I'd go with Shuri and not spend as many resources.
  • Options
    jdschwjdschw Posts: 241 ★★
    Why not America Chavez instead of Shuri/fury? For the airwalker fight?
  • Options
    ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Ercarret said:

I used Aegon (r5 and ascended), Proxima, Heimdal, r2 Wiccan and Nick Fury. KO'd Fury immediately against Titania so I got his +20% attack for Aegon.

I used Aegon for every fight, even Cap Britain which others seem to recommend you use someone else for. I tried using Wiccan there at first, but since I ran suicides without any points in willpower, he melted before being able to put much of a dent into Captain Britain. However, Aegon worked really well. Just as well as against any other champion. You just have to be aware that you'll be playing the majority of the fight with reverse controls. But since you're unblockable anyway, it's less of an issue than it would have been if you needed to carefully look for openings at which to dash in.

I used Aegon for all fights leading up to the Grandmaster and then for the first 99%. For the last 1%, I switched off the suicides and used Wiccan.

I did a run exactly like this yesterday haha. Except Juggs instead of Wiccan. Also, I turned off suicides at the Psycho man fight because you had to throw so many specials in that one.
  • Options
    Bigfoot33Bigfoot33 Posts: 161 ★★
    jayb8008 said:

Hey all, I'm planning to do a Necropolis completion run based around Aegon. I've seen a few different posts, and the general consensus has been a team consisting of Aegon, Proxima, Heimdall, reverse control immune (I'll be using 7* awakened Wiccan) and either Shuri or N Fury. I have all of the above listed, and here are their ranks:

Aegon 6r5 max sig and ascended
    Proxima 6r1 unawakened
    Heimdall 6r1 unawakened
    Wiccan awakened sig 20
    Shuri 7r1 unawakened
    Fury 6r4 awakened

My first question is, would you recommend my final slot be filled by Shuri or Fury? My second question is would you rank up any of the champs listed, especially Wiccan and Shuri (if she's a better choice than Fury.) I can r2 both Wiccan and Shuri if needed, but I've seen someone mention that Wiccan not be ranked just to deal with the reverse control phase of GM. I plan on thaking the Titania "easy" path. If there's someone else that could be recommended over Shuri/Fury, I'm open to the option as I have a pretty good roster to choose from. But the consensus seems to be with those two, so I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts. Also, I can awaken Prox and Heim if needed, but I don't see the need to as they seem to be for synergies only, and aren't reliant on their sig abilities. Please give some input/suggestions as I'd like to start my run over the next few days. Thanks!

I'd personally recommend odin(5 or 6 star, i think i seen a 7 star out there) place that prefight and each fury gets a percentage boost based on rarity. I wish I brought him instead of America Chávez.
  • Options
    Update: I decided to go with Fury and muscle through it. It wasn't terrible. Some fights were a lot better than others. I'm kind of curious to see what Shuri could do against Capt Britain and a couple of the others, but not at the expense of running the path again. I got some decent rewards: Vox from my titan crystal, a mystic 2--->3 which I used on unawakened Chavez, and the 2 class 7* class crystals that I think I'll sit on for a bit. I might wait til Photon is in the basic and have 2 shots at her. Now to go complete act 8 so I can get that Valiant title!
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,740 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

I personally don't see a reason to being shuri if you're using Ægon.

I brought Shuri and Aegon (Prox+Heimdall) and Wiccan. Shuri makes CaptUK an easy fight and does a fair bit of cleanup after Aegon if needed.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    I think I'll be more likely to use her on path 2 when I finally decide to break diown and tackle exploration, as she seems /sounds a lot more useful on other paths. It might take a while before I find the motivation for that though.
  • Options
    Krishna24Krishna24 Posts: 380 ★★★
    I took r4 Aegon, Doom r4 Ascended, Proxima, Heimdal and Juggs. Used Doom for Air walker and Dragon man. Shuri may help at captain brit but Aegon worked for me.
  • Options
    jdschwjdschw Posts: 241 ★★
    @Bigfoot33 why didn't America work out? On paper she seems like she would be great for vision, airwalker, and even cp'n britain instead of aegon. Did you try her on these fights?
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,596 ★★★★
    I have done the run.
    Started in the Mr F path as it was easier to ramp up AEgon here than on the Titania path IMO
    However, I switched to the Guardian path (after fighting Psycho Man). Why? Because a ramped up 999 AEgon just ignores the Necro node.

My team

R5 sig 200 Ascend AEgon
    R5 sig 8 Shuri
    R2 7-star Wiccan (who was only used for the final 1% of GM life)
    Heimdall (he saves countless revives)
    White Mags (his pre-fight makes the Attuma fight with Shuri super easy)

One tip. Turn of suicides as they aren’t needed until After Cap Britain is defeated. Then apply them for the rest of the game.

I was able to get my AEgon to rank 560+ after fighting Mr F

All up I used exactly 101 40% revives.
    I had to buy 60 of them costing me 2,400 units (I wasn’t saving up my 4 Paragon crystal like the top guns were)

GM fight. Just take in AEgon and brute force your fights. The fight is so fast I found it hard read the various GM commands and prompts and while I’m hopeless with reverse controls I was able to brute force my way to the final 1%

Here you need a reserve immune champ outwise it’s a Charlie Foxtrot. Because initially I didn’t understand the game flow I probably wasted 10 revives. But i got my composure and took him down

Last tip

Make sure you take regular breaks. I started the fight around 830am on Sunday past and didn’t finish until around 9pm

I took big breaks after every fifth fight.

How this helps
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    Similar question here... Bringing in Aegon, Proxima and Himdall and want to bring a reverse control immune champ.

Cannot decide on either
    - 7* R2 Hulk with Overseer Synergy or
    - 6* R2 Jugger (can go R3) and then Nick Fury

So the basic question is: How strong does the reverse control immune champ need to be in order to survive long enough in the final pase for throwing the specials?
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,271 ★★★★

Similar question here... Bringing in Aegon, Proxima and Himdall and want to bring a reverse control immune champ.

Cannot decide on either
    - 7* R2 Hulk with Overseer Synergy or
    - 6* R2 Jugger (can go R3) and then Nick Fury

So the basic question is: How strong does the reverse control immune champ need to be in order to survive long enough in the final pase for throwing the specials?

6r3 jugger is more than enough, he really doesn't have to be strong. That final 1% is a joke, I found the 30%-1% way harder.
  • Options
    jdschw said:

@Bigfoot33 why didn't America work out? On paper she seems like she would be great for vision, airwalker, and even cp'n britain instead of aegon. Did you try her on these fights?

The reason I brought her was for air walker and Nova. I had a few more to go on my aegon ramp, that's why I didn't use her on vision arkus.

She did well on air walker, it was just trying to keep up the purple dimension was more of a chore than taking a hit and assaulting with aegon.

She worked extremely well against dragon man and Nova.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,507 ★★★★
    if you're taking the titania path you may as well just go all in with Aegon and once fully ramped switch to Aegon suicides, no point bringing shuri for that path, the extra 20% is a big help.

That or bring someone specifically for airwalker as if he doesn't play ball, he can drain you.
  • Options

if you're taking the titania path you may as well just go all in with Aegon and once fully ramped switch to Aegon suicides, no point bringing shuri for that path, the extra 20% is a big help.

That or bring someone specifically for airwalker as if he doesn't play ball, he can drain you.

There are some fights on that path that can be easily soloed with Shuri but probably not with Ægon so there is a point in bringing Shuri, saving resources.
  • Options
    jdschw said:

She just didn't work for me. And aegon was easier.