**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Dr Doom for Necropolis?

I’m planning on doing a Titania path with Kate as my main. I have abs but could I use Dr Doom for vision and air walker?

Comments

• Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 831 ★★★★
    Was wondering this too, might take both to be safe
  • Options
    PierreBwnPierreBwn Posts: 9
    Emilia90 said:

Not sure about vision, but Kate for Air Walker is a much better option imo. Very easy fight with her

Ok cool, thank you
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,949 ★★★★
    Doctor Doom should work for most of the cosmics
  • Options

I'm doing a necropolis run right now with doom, yes he can do air walker and vision arkus. I just need to beat Cap IW and Nova currently

What are all the fights he worked for?
  • Options
    ILoveDrDoomILoveDrDoom Posts: 39
    I've use him for red guardian too and omega sentienl too but I really don't recommend him for OS because the incinerate damage is nuts
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 743 ★★★
    abs man is better , IF the AI is not being an annoying beach . Lagacy used abs man against aarkus , airwalker and nova , and most of them were either a solo or a 2-shot . With r5 doom (i tried it) , i can get only 30-35% hp of airwalker each full try
  • Options
    PierreBwnPierreBwn Posts: 9
    Jack2634 said:

abs man is better , IF the AI is not being an annoying beach . Lagacy used abs man against aarkus , airwalker and nova , and most of them were either a solo or a 2-shot . With r5 doom (i tried it) , i can get only 30-35% hp of airwalker each full try

Thanks man. I don’t mind using abs but I love doom so much more lol. I need to get gud at abs and get busy
  • Options
    BadMother2BadMother2 Posts: 21
    Doom works really well, and he’s very safe. Highly recommend.
  • Options
    kahlkorverkahlkorver Posts: 161

He's worked for Vison, Air walker, Guardian, dragon man, Cap Wilson, Wiccan, Valkire, and psyco man

Hey, man. What's the play against Aarkus? Special lock after SP3 doesn't seem ideal and you always shoot to SP3 fast against him.
  • Options
    Atleast for me I was just trying to damage him as much as I can before I died, I just tried to bait L1s from him and would use L1 against him if he got 2 bars or more power. I used the L3 if I felt like I was gonna die and used the striker to try to prolong the fight
  • Options
    Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Posts: 308 ★★★
    Wouldn't you have to get lucky to Doom cycle? There's times where I have trouble getting back to the SP3. Does he have to be 6R5 in order to work well?
  • Options
    Against Arkus and Nova its definitely possible. I used 40% revives so if you have full HP you can probably do the fights faster
  • Options
    My Doom is rank 5 no ascension and sig 167, so I was able to doom cycle safely
  • Options
    GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
    edited November 2023
    I took Air Walker down with my 6R4 Dr. Doom (without ascension). It's not a quick fight, but an easy-to-handle fight.

Appreciated all the advices!
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,251 ★★★★★
    How did you Doom cycle against Aarkus if you can't power steal and burn him as much as others?
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

How did you Doom cycle against Aarkus if you can't power steal and burn him as much as others?

Nullifying his buffs gives you a power gain buff. It's a cheese fiesta.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,537 ★★★★★

xNig said:

There was a mini boss like this in a variant.
  • Options

xNig said:

What’s the best rotation/way to play here?
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,251 ★★★★★

xNig said:

True. Thing is, there was a time, iirc, that Aarkus was AQ mini boss or something. Had issues maintaining Doom cycle against him since the buffs don't come on fast enough (like how Jubilee's does) to consistently spam sp3/sp1.
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,325 ★★★★★
    I have my team of r4 aegon,doom, r3 juggs, 7 star r1 shuri, and proxima as synergy champ. Believe me, doom has done fab job for me, he is heavily reliable with his power control and with max sig, u almost have complete control over the fight.

I used him against air Walker, took down around 30% in a single run, and since mine is max sig, i don't let him activate his power cosmic buffs once he has it nullified. Just keep knocking air Walker down and reach sp3s, if u want to, use sp2 also but remember only if air Walker has stagger on himself

I also used him for valkyrie since he can power control her even is she has no Pierce buffs, so u don't need to worry much about the fight

Against aarkus, it's annoying as he has massive power gains, with luck u can activate relics and even race upto sp3 and use it before your opponent does. But remember, u are also specials locked after using specials for some time.

He is shining in my team and I am stuck on Nova, just one more revive with Aegon to get him down, and then the grandmaster
  • Options
    SIlverProfessorSIlverProfessor Posts: 496 ★★
    I used a 6* r4 Doom for Air Walker. I messed up a couple times so it I used two 40% revives. Just use a normal Doom cycle but remember to knock him down before his timer runs out. That's how I messed up.
  • Options
    UncleBen_69UncleBen_69 Posts: 25

I have my team of r4 aegon,doom, r3 juggs, 7 star r1 shuri, and proxima as synergy champ. Believe me, doom has done fab job for me, he is heavily reliable with his power control and with max sig, u almost have complete control over the fight.

I used him against air Walker, took down around 30% in a single run, and since mine is max sig, i don't let him activate his power cosmic buffs once he has it nullified. Just keep knocking air Walker down and reach sp3s, if u want to, use sp2 also but remember only if air Walker has stagger on himself

I also used him for valkyrie since he can power control her even is she has no Pierce buffs, so u don't need to worry much about the fight

Against aarkus, it's annoying as he has massive power gains, with luck u can activate relics and even race upto sp3 and use it before your opponent does. But remember, u are also specials locked after using specials for some time.

He is shining in my team and I am stuck on Nova, just one more revive with Aegon to get him down, and then the grandmaster

Doom is not working against Nova ?