Revive farming nerf is tough for f2p players

Amir447Amir447 Member Posts: 324 ★★★
Let me get this straight, kabam added the necropolis which requires most players to revive thru long fights and then nerf the only source of free revives. How is this fair? Not everyone has the time to sit in arena for 10 hours a day nor do they want to pay their way thru quests. How do they expect f2p players to proceed in tough content when they give us little to no revives especially from that apothecary quest

Comments

• Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Member Posts: 232 ★★
    Honestly, you can probably afford to miss all of the exploration rewards by the time revive farming gets nerfed (8.4 is releasing with a way to get a second R3 soon after) and saving up for an easy path completion isn't unreasonable.
  • Toproller89Toproller89 Member Posts: 828 ★★★
    Act 6 difference is barely noticeable from what it was originally.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Member Posts: 1,794 ★★★★★
    Amir447 said:

How do they expect f2p players to proceed in tough content when they give us little to no revives especially from that apothecary quest

This is a very easy question to answer. They don't.

This is the type of content which is scheduled to generate revenue for Kabam. You can always do it (absolutely) as a FtP player. But it will take you a lot of time. If you want to save your time, you are supposed to open up that wallet.

• IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Member Posts: 1,274 ★★★★
    I remember the days when you would just have to farm units in arena if you'd like to do difficult content.

That said I want to see an increase in lvl4 health pots. I'm repeating myself in multiple threads but I think it could really help.
  • Jazz_MessengerJazz_Messenger Member Posts: 167
    DNA3000 said:

Amir447 said:

Let me get this straight, kabam added the necropolis which requires most players to revive thru long fights and then nerf the only source of free revives. How is this fair? Not everyone has the time to sit in arena for 10 hours a day nor do they want to pay their way thru quests. How do they expect f2p players to proceed in tough content when they give us little to no revives especially from that apothecary quest

1. Farm the apothecary. One L1 revive per day, fill inventory to full. That's 20 revives in inventory, at least 14 in stash.
    2. Do as many of the 22 hr objectives as possible, one L2 revive per day. That's 20 revives in inventory, at least 14 in stash. If you do not claim the rewards immediately, you can hold them for at least an extra week, so that's at least 21 in stash. That's 75 revives for free, for minimal to moderate game play.
    3. Time it appropriately and buy the EQ completion bundles for 1000 units, which contain 10 solo and 10 team revives each. This is 20 revives for 1000 units, or 50 units per revive. That's a bit more than the 40 units per L2 revive, but that bundle also contains health potions and greater champion boosts, and you're going to want those as well. That's 95 revives, plus potions and boosts, for 1000 units. An amount of units that is easily acquired by a free to play player.
    4. Get good enough that 95 revives is enough, or have a few more units to grab however many revives above 95 you end up needing.

That's basically how they expect free to play players to be able to do a Necropolis path. It is doable, if a player is willing to do what it takes to do it.
    Yup. This is how I prepare for any hard contents.

The only time I even consider farming revives is after I explore monthly quests. There are no good place to use excess energy refills (unless you could use them in battlegrounds). It would be nice to be able to exchange refills for revives or other useful resources, instead of gold.
  • Amir447Amir447 Member Posts: 324 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Amir447 said:

1. Farm the apothecary. One L1 revive per day, fill inventory to full. That's 20 revives in inventory, at least 14 in stash.
    2. Do as many of the 22 hr objectives as possible, one L2 revive per day. That's 20 revives in inventory, at least 14 in stash. If you do not claim the rewards immediately, you can hold them for at least an extra week, so that's at least 21 in stash. That's 75 revives for free, for minimal to moderate game play.
    3. Time it appropriately and buy the EQ completion bundles for 1000 units, which contain 10 solo and 10 team revives each. This is 20 revives for 1000 units, or 50 units per revive. That's a bit more than the 40 units per L2 revive, but that bundle also contains health potions and greater champion boosts, and you're going to want those as well. That's 95 revives, plus potions and boosts, for 1000 units. An amount of units that is easily acquired by a free to play player.
    4. Get good enough that 95 revives is enough, or have a few more units to grab however many revives above 95 you end up needing.

That's basically how they expect free to play players to be able to do a Necropolis path. It is doable, if a player is willing to do what it takes to do it.
    DNA3000 said:

Amir447 said:

Ty for the info.. I don't think I have ever pulled a revive from the apothecary tho? How do you get it I never see it on the paths. But yeah this is a lot of farming and a lot of time spent doing tasks. At least it's not mindlessly doing hundreds of arena fights lol.

I just wish there were a new replacement to revive farming thats balanced
  • ChiiccChiicc Member Posts: 181
    Amir447 said:

Build up your revives. It’s not meant to be finished on day 1, particularly if you refuse to play modes that can get you there for free.

I think I miscommunicated this post. This is in relation to kabams new announcement regarding yet another revive farm nerf. What I am saying is that they're removing pretty much all of the story revive drops leaving f2p players with no where to build resources. Right now revive farming is alive but soon it'll be completely nerfed
    It’s not “yet another revive nerf” tbey posted a year ago this would be happening. It’s nothing new. They also informed us when they started apothecary. An entire year this has been known and yall acting like it’s some silent nerf. Plenty of time to do necropolis as it won’t start until January the nerf. Kascam can suck sometimes but let’s not clown them for silent needs when they’ve not been silent for an entire year about this exact situation.
  • ChiiccChiicc Member Posts: 181
    edited November 2023
    Chiicc said:

Amir447 said:

Build up your revives. It’s not meant to be finished on day 1, particularly if you refuse to play modes that can get you there for free.

I think I miscommunicated this post. This is in relation to kabams new announcement regarding yet another revive farm nerf. What I am saying is that they're removing pretty much all of the story revive drops leaving f2p players with no where to build resources. Right now revive farming is alive but soon it'll be completely nerfed
    It’s not “yet another revive nerf” tbey posted a year ago this would be happening. It’s nothing new. They also informed us when they started apothecary. An entire year this has been known and yall acting like it’s some silent nerf. Plenty of time to do necropolis as it won’t start until January the nerf. Kascam can suck sometimes but let’s not clown them for silent needs when they’ve not been silent for an entire year about this exact situation.
    The fact you can say you’ve never pulled a revive from apothecary shows just how silly this whole bs post is. In a year you haven’t been able to pull a revive from apothecary but complaining about not being able to get free revives. Delulu
  • World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,711 ★★★★★
    Was there some announcement made about revives that I’ve missed ?
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,245 ★★★★★

Was there some announcement made about revives that I’ve missed ?

• BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,626 ★★★★★
    When did Kabam ever say F2P is expected to compete with P2P? As a F2P you are supposed to compete with other F2P...
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,941 ★★★★★
    You have over a month to get it done. It's not that hard if you have Aegon.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,340 ★★★★★
    Amir447 said:

DNA3000 said:

Amir447 said:

DNA3000 said:

Amir447 said:

Ty for the info.. I don't think I have ever pulled a revive from the apothecary tho? How do you get it I never see it on the paths. But yeah this is a lot of farming and a lot of time spent doing tasks. At least it's not mindlessly doing hundreds of arena fights lol.

You get a 20% revive from running both paths of the higher difficulty, guaranteed. And the “higher difficulty” is autoplay fodder if you’re in a position that you’re considering Necropolis runs.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    F2P here.

I've never done LOL or Abyss. Why? Because I'm FTP.

Necropolis is the one thing where I might have a shot when it's relevant, but we're talking about draining my resources. Once I burn through 8k units -- yeah that's a lot of revives! -- I might have to quit.

But not all content is meant for everyone.
    Chiicc said:

Amir447 said:

I would consider his another nerf since they nerfed revive farming a couple months ago and are doing so again to shut out some of our remaining avenues of farming. Also , the apothecary absolutely sucks
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,425 Guardian
    Amir447 said:

Balanced around what?
    DNA3000 said:

Amir447 said:

Balanced around what?
    Balanced as in not nerfing it to the ground and not doing nothing (since they are insistent on nerfing). If there is a nerf I hope they find some middle ground rather than fully removing the farming ability