Confused about whether or not my account is linked

FooxynnFooxynn Member Posts: 19
edited December 2023 in General Discussion
So i had this confusion for a long time now, but it's time to get an answer.
When i go to the options, it shows that i am linked to google play account, but not with kabam. Or at least this is how i understand it when seing how it appear (screenshot below). And when i try linking my kabam account i end up with "Account already linked" and it ask me if i want to login with "this" account. Now i don't know what to do... Is this like another account and i'll get some new account, or will it just syncronize my progression with kabam ? Or maybe i will completly overwrite my save with... something ?
Weird part is that i am able to grab the stuff from the summoner market (website) using my kabam ID (i guess), so i really don't know what's the deal with my situation.

Please send hAlp ;_;

Warning : baguette language ahead !

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,361 Guardian
    It has been forever since I did any of this, but my understanding is "linked" just means "you can sign into your game account with this." If you can sign into your game account with a Kabam login and password, that means your game account is "linked" to that Kabam ID. There's no other specialness about "linking."

So if you have a Kabam ID and password and you can use it to log into the game, you're linked to a Kabam account. If you can't or don't do that, you aren't. In which case, you probably should set that up eventually.

When you first load the game, the game doesn't force you to create a Kabam ID, instead it asks you to link that game account to your Apple Game Center account or your Google Play account, depending on which platform you use. That linkage will allow you to get back into the game with that account even without a Kabam ID. But that way of logging in has limits: you can't use the web store, and you can only use devices logged in with that particular Apple or Google login. If something goes wrong with your login, Kabam can't easily help you.

This knowledgebase article seems to imply that if you haven't already done so, there should be a "Create Kabam ID" button in your settings: https://help.kabamsupport.com/hc/en-us/articles/360051698131-How-Do-I-Register-My-Account-

It has been literally years since I've gone anywhere near this, but I believe this is the correct path to get you there.

• FooxynnFooxynn Member Posts: 19
    Well i don't have that "Create Kabam ID" option, but neither does the game tell me i am connected to any kabam account (like showed on my previous screen). Should it not appear like this (below) for the Kabam line ?

• DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,361 Guardian
    If you have a Kabam ID and when you use it to buy things from the web store and they land in your game account, that almost certainly means you made a Kabam account and linked it to your game account, you just don’t remember it.

I don’t think the game tells you which Kabam account you’re linked to. It never has for me. It only shows when you’re linked to some other account.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,903 ★★★★★
    Fooxynn said:

Well i don't have that "Create Kabam ID" option, but neither does the game tell me i am connected to any kabam account (like showed on my previous screen). Should it not appear like this (below) for the Kabam line ?

Yes, that is how it appears for me in both accounts I have connected to Kabam. It displays the email address tied to your Kabam account.
    Ah shiet, now i'm getting mixed answers... if ya both right then that's a game issue.
    I will have to use magic then to get answers... ahem... KABAMIKUS SUMMONUS !
    Mmh looks like i am out of mana...

I'm gonna bump this up and ask another question :
    Lets say i login with Kabam, and i end up not with my actual save... Will login back with Google Play account will bring it back ? It is a plausible scenario ? Like i know it would be terrible if it was working in such a way, but we're dealing with my account which i have devoted so much time and effort so i want to be sure.

I could also just leave it as it is but that is kinda tickeling me, i'm a bit maniac. o-°
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,093 ★★★★★
    Fooxynn said:

Ah shiet, now i'm getting mixed answers... if ya both right then that's a game issue.

Contact support to be safe
    It wi be horrible if you lose your progress
    Just write to kabam bout your doubt

Fooxynn said:

Contact support to be safe
    It wi be horrible if you lose your progress
    Just write to kabam bout your doubt
    I'll do that as a last try for help, imma not going to flood their probably gigantic list of tickets. But yea