**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is something wrong with my Chavez?

13Β»

Comments

• Options
    BabyMiikeBabyMiike Posts: 1,147 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited December 2023
    o_o said:

BabyMiike said:

o_o said:

When the sp2 first hits, you can see Ultron start to proc armor ups like crazy… exactly the kind of scenario she loves

What’s your theory though? That your Chavez is somehow defective (in a way that makes her better)?

Again your CHAVEZ isn't hitting as hard as mine! When your is obviously r2 like mine? I honestly just wanna know why mines hitting so hard. I've used her since day 1 of as a 7* and she's never hit close to that hard expect for in act 7 with the prowess node. There obviously some hidden factor we don't know about
    Dude that’s a screenshot from your video, the moment before she hits for 130k or whatever
    Well it is IG but that doesn't change anything because armor up would only increase by a good 8k
  • Options
    o_oo_o Posts: 834 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Bro would rather stay confused πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
  • Options
    o_o said:

I was wrong... But that doesn't change anything because the fact is... That the 3 armor up would only make you hit 12-8k harder... So that wouldn't change anything πŸ˜‰
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,045 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    BabyMiike said:

o_o said:

I was wrong... But that doesn't change anything because the fact is... That the 3 armor up would only make you hit 12-8k harder... So that wouldn't change anything πŸ˜‰
    Can’t help but notice that you haven’t answered any of the questions that would actually help to answer your question. Almost like you’d rather just argue than address your concerns.
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

BabyMiike said:

o_o said:

Can’t help but notice that you haven’t answered any of the questions that would actually help to answer your question. Almost like you’d rather just argue than address your concerns.
    And what questions were there? I'm sorry if I missed them
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

Okay, fine, I’ll ask the baseline questions that have been skipped here.

What synergies are active on this team? What masteries? Do you have any boosts active? What stat focus do you have on this champ? What rank is she? Have you tried to recreate this, or is it just one clip with out of band damage?

There’s so much more information that’s needed to flesh this out.

Here are the questions.
    Wicket329 said:

Assuming this is an sig 20, rank 3 Chavez, her attack rating when launching that sp2 was approximately 23,853. This is before masteries come into play.

If Spot was on the team, then I believe Ultron’s energy resistance would be lowered by 135% (this sounds insane to me, I must be doing this wrong?).

Chavez, when she’s got dimensions on her and buffs on her opponent, hits like a freight train carrying semi-trucks loaded with bricks. A 133k special crit does not sound outside of the realm of possibility to me.

And here’s a breakdown of how her numbers work.
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

Okay, fine, I’ll ask the baseline questions that have been skipped here.

What synergies are active on this team? What masteries? Do you have any boosts active? What stat focus do you have on this champ? What rank is she? Have you tried to recreate this, or is it just one clip with out of band damage?

There’s so much more information that’s needed to flesh this out.

Here are the questions.
    Wicket329 said:

Assuming this is an sig 20, rank 3 Chavez, her attack rating when launching that sp2 was approximately 23,853. This is before masteries come into play.

If Spot was on the team, then I believe Ultron’s energy resistance would be lowered by 135% (this sounds insane to me, I must be doing this wrong?).

Chavez, when she’s got dimensions on her and buffs on her opponent, hits like a freight train carrying semi-trucks loaded with bricks. A 133k special crit does not sound outside of the realm of possibility to me.

And here’s a breakdown of how her numbers work.
    A 133k is Def not normal for Chavez on buff heavy matches I normally hit around 44k on specials. No I did not bring any synergys for her.
  • Options
    Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Posts: 329 β˜…β˜…
    edited December 2023
    I’m no all knowing mcoc guru but does challenger rating effect damage of champs? Honest question cause if it does that to is then a factor
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I’m no all knowing mcoc guru but does challenger rating effect damage of champs? Honest question cause if it does that to is then a factor

Yup. It increases crit rate and crit damage
  • Options

BabyMiike said:

o_o said:

Take a deep breath. The nodes give heavy armor. Chavez reversed the armors slightly. Chavez gained more attack for each dimension and buff. Chavez go big number boom. Ultron go bye bye. Did I simplify it enough for you?
    I know how Chavez works... And if it was the armor up then she would be the best counter to armor up champs in game by FAR
  • Options
    o_o said:

In conclusion, there is nothing wrong with your Chavez, just your listening skills

Reading skills* but no that's not the problem because no one has provided proof that Chavez hits that hard outside of this fight I even provided proof of a r3 Chavez not hitting that hard against a champ with more buffs
  • Options
    Sceptilemaniac2Sceptilemaniac2 Posts: 233 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    It's probably the same reason that wiccan triggers 99 incinerates on ultron. He has a weird way of procing buffs.
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,251 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    BabyMiike said:

I have a r3 awakened Chavez. Can confirm she always performs this well for me against buffed opponents, especially cosmics.

https://youtu.be/thVsGq0cMSw?si=_CRp7aG-KG-lNR-m this is a r3 Chavez HEAVILY BOOSTED against a champ with like 7 buffs active and she's not hitting that hard so obviously your lying 😭
    It doesn't seem that hard to spot the difference. In the necropolis video at 4:20 she hits her sp2 the last hit for 69k.

You hit your special for 133k (double) but I think that's completely normal because:
    1) Challenger rating: you fight with a 7 star vs a 5 star and in Necropolis it's a 7 star vs 7 star
    2) You have suicides on: the necropolis video is without suicides
    4) The iron first relic: you have two active fury effects with 250% potency because chavez is an offensive burst character, the necropolis chavez has none.
    3) You have one more buff on the opponent: during her special I think the expired power gain and fury also counted towards her damage

If you add everything up then that explains the difference. I don't know which is the biggest contributor of the 4 above points but I wouldn't underestimate challenger rating. A 7 star vs a 5 star is huge.

• Options
    MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Posts: 904 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Wicket329 said:

BabyMiike said:

BabyMiike said:

o_o said:

Take a deep breath. The nodes give heavy armor. Chavez reversed the armors slightly. Chavez gained more attack for each dimension and buff. Chavez go big number boom. Ultron go bye bye. Did I simplify it enough for you?
    I know how Chavez works... And if it was the armor up then she would be the best counter to armor up champs in game by FAR
    70% reduction in potency of armor up buffs per Utopian Parallel. You have two Utopian Parallels active for that sp2, meaning there is a 140% reduction in potency of armor up, or functionally each armor up is working as a 40% potency armor reduction. Those armor ups on that Ultron are huge. Much bigger than the vast majority of armor ups you’ll see elsewhere in the game. At the time of the 133k crit, Ultron had 5 of these buffs.

Each of that Ultron’s personal armor up buffs have a potency of 4900. So with that 40% reversal, they are functionally armor breaks with a potency of 1960 (total 9800). This does not account for any armor ups granted by the node, which are far more potent and thus would result in a bigger functional armor break. For context, 6* r5 CGR’s armor breaks are worth about 1800 each.

This, combined with her huge attack rating, makes sense of that damage.
    Yup that's what we've been trying to tell this numbskull lmao
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,251 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Wicket329 said:

BabyMiike said:

BabyMiike said:

o_o said:

70% reduction in potency of armor up buffs per Utopian Parallel. You have two Utopian Parallels active for that sp2, meaning there is a 140% reduction in potency of armor up, or functionally each armor up is working as a 40% potency armor reduction. Those armor ups on that Ultron are huge. Much bigger than the vast majority of armor ups you’ll see elsewhere in the game. At the time of the 133k crit, Ultron had 5 of these buffs.

Each of that Ultron’s personal armor up buffs have a potency of 4900. So with that 40% reversal, they are functionally armor breaks with a potency of 1960 (total 9800). This does not account for any armor ups granted by the node, which are far more potent and thus would result in a bigger functional armor break. For context, 6* r5 CGR’s armor breaks are worth about 1800 each.

Ah damn, I was hesitant to add this to the list of damage increases in my last comment because I didn't know if armor could still go negative. Kabam nerfed this in 12.0 because of 4* Thor making champs have negative armor. But if because of the reduction the armor ups function as armor breaks then that's a perfectly viable explanation, thanks for the insightful comment!
  • Options
    Shock29Shock29 Posts: 545 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I think you should just accept that Chavez can do this damage and that it’s not abnormal as several people have explained. Plus, no mods have stepped in to confirm this a glitch, bug, or even exploit so I think you’re in the green.
  • Options

Wicket329 said:

BabyMiike said:

BabyMiike said:

o_o said:

Ah damn, I was hesitant to add this to the list of damage increases in my last comment because I didn't know if armor could still go negative. Kabam nerfed this in 12.0 because of 4* Thor making champs have negative armor. But if because of the reduction the armor ups function as armor breaks then that's a perfectly viable explanation, thanks for the insightful comment!
    I could absolutely be wrong about this, but I believe a big impact of the 12.0 change was to add diminishing returns to stats. Whereas before, you could linearly and infinitely increase things like crit damage or armor reduction, now there’s a kind of limit to these things.
  • Options
    @IvarTheBoneless tried replying to you but my comment got yeeted to approval jail. Negative armor changed from exponentially increasing damage to linearly increasing it. I'm not sure if they suffer from diminishing returns or not though.
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,266 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    BabyMiike said:

So what I'm seeing is, you've never played Chavez seriously in your life?

Show me a vid her hitting that hard I'll wait
    Go to YouTube and search there.
    Tons of Mcoc Chavez vids
This discussion has been closed.