**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

No Holiday break this year?

RustyoneilRustyoneil Posts: 185 ★★
edited December 2023 in General Discussion
For the past two years, AW break was extended 2 weeks and started right after the holidays. This year the first 3 matches are starting over the holiday weekend, when people will be traveling and spending time with family. Was this always the case before this past 2 years?
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 ★★★★
    Seenk said:

war on New Year's Day, it's monstrous.

I won't be fit to play (hangover) + have no time because of family gatherings. Nice
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    We're just gonna sack off that war season. I don't care enough about the war rewards to play it during the Christmas period.
  • Options
    FisefarFisefar Posts: 83
    But not playing war will also turn down the opportunity to jump one rank due to new rank system.
    I hope we get a break, that would also make bg season n war season closer to eachother.
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 661 ★★★★
    They definitely should reconsider make a holiday break, as an official in my alliance, i HATE having to tell the members to go to AQ or AW when i know they're most likely on vacation, traveling and having their well deserved break

Me and the other officials were talking about that last week, we already decided that after the AW off-season ends, we won't be doing any AQ until january 2th and we're still deciding about AW

Entering the AW it's not just ''hey let me spend just a couple of minutes here'' and it's not that simple, because since most of the people will be traveling, there's wi-fi/4-5g issues that goes with it and they simply can't enter the game at all

So as an official what do i do? Make an AW that people will enter only if they want to? If i do that, at least half of the alliance will not enter cause i gave them this liberty, if i make a serious AW then it will be horrible to keep charging members that deep down i know they just can't enter the game

Please @Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax reconsider this situation, you guys gave us a holiday break for the last 2 years, there's absolutely not reason to not do that again
  • Options
    There is a ton of work that goes on behind the scenes for each officer in alliances. A break for the holidays would go a long way to ease the responsibility for the officers as well. I’m not sure if Kabam actually meant to do this, or if this was something they overlooked.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,787 ★★★★★
    Siliyo said:

Buttehrs said:

The only solution is to cut ties with all family and friends. Do not celebrate any holidays. Quit your jobs. That way there will never be any conflict.

I realize the entire playerbase does not celebrate the same holidays. But the majority do. I guarantee you no one will be working for kabaam on the 24/25 or 31/1st. In fact I imagine, and I'm guessing, 95%+ of people who are employed, in the US and Canada, do not work on the 25th of December.

No the real answer is, choose what's more important to YOU. The game? Family? The holidays with friends? Your capable of making your own choice. If you can find time to fit a few minutes into the game fine. If not, you won't suddenly die.
    Crazy how a guy who’s part of a retired/chill alliance all year round thinks he can “educate” other people who play more than him. The reality is people will be traveling and spending time with family. You know what happens when you’re traveling? Limited access to the internet and cellular service. You don’t play competitively or cohesively with other alliance members (AQ, AW) so please refrain from speaking on matters you know nothing about :)
    I used to be in them though. Back when I cared too much about a video game. I grew more important priorities. But I still find the time to play when I want. So I know exactly what I'm talking about.
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,402 ★★★★★
    We all been bad this year and as a result Santa wants us to sacrifice holiday time and work in the mines of the Battlerealm!!!.

*knock knock* Walks to the door! *opens the door* Hey! What you doing???. *sound of a fight going on*.

RiderofHell is currently predisposed atm. I am AgentofHell i'll be taking over. Rider revealed a critical info that was never meant to be revealed!.

*Connection Lost*.
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,462 ★★★
    I completely get where you are all coming from but some people have to go to school every day or have jobs that they have to attend to even when they leave work, meaning they have to cram alliance related activities into 10 mins and you don't see them complaining. That being said though, I do agree with you and I think that Kabam should take Christmas and New Years into consideration
  • Options

I completely get where you are all coming from but some people have to go to school every day or have jobs that they have to attend to even when they leave work, meaning they have to cram alliance related activities into 10 mins and you don't see them complaining. That being said though, I do agree with you and I think that Kabam should take Christmas and New Years into consideration

Again, it’s easy for regular alliance members to feel you just need to cram 10 minutes here and there. As an officer, there is constant planning, monitoring, herding cats and begging people to join attack early so we can plan the mini bosses. Spending time tracking kills, constantly checking in to see if anyone got stuck anywhere, and God forbid any one leaves during the season. I’m sure some other officers can add to this list

It’s not really about whether or not it’s doable, it is. It would just be a lot less stressful to not have to worry about this during the holidays.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    pretty disappointing kabam
  • Options
    I'm an alliance leader, but we are only Silver 2 so I'm guessing higher end Alliance Leaders would struggle more with planning etc
  • Options
    Btw on an off note, my best players just left. I'm grateful they waited till the end of the season but it still impacted us. I can only imagine if someone left mid season
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax Will this be addressed at all? I didn’t realize that this would affect points for December events, but it does seem like something a majority of members would like.

• Options
    I really hope the AW gonna have a break this year :(
  • Options
    FlushFlush Posts: 108
    ridiculous running season on Christmas week, December is time when our alliance takes break from war and alliance quest, now having ask members give up time on Christmas do war because kabam can't push it back extra week or two, im sure yous all won't be in offices Christmas day running game or forms
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,052 ★★★★
    AND they're adding the Not Another Anime Event back to run December 10-17. It's madness!
  • Options
    The all together for the holiday event is nothing but relic mats. This is something that can easily be skipped or adjusted
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    This is a massive quality of life string of Ls here.

Thanks for a relaxing holidays Kabamaneezer Scrooges. Really hope you revisit this decision because it will be even more annoying if the new tactic is bugged on AW start and the entire Kabam team is out of office.
  • Options
    ValmezValmez Posts: 74
    Can we please have confirmation asap if Kabam is intending to change the dates or not?
This discussion has been closed.