Same Rewards for all Side Quest Threat Levels?

Is there any added benefits in doing higher threat levels this month? I've just done Threat level 1 and got full rewards listed

Comments

• Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Member Posts: 600 ★★★
    Yeah. That struck me as odd. Did threat 3 just to be fast and when I got the progression based awards I was like “I could have done level 1 and taken 2 minutes for the same thing”
  • KontestmanKontestman Member Posts: 276 ★★
    More gold I think
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,766 ★★★★★
    Why are the lower levels paying out the same as the higher ones?
  • Luke9523Luke9523 Member Posts: 944 ★★★
    I haven't even looked into it yet, but is it likely to be a bug?
  • DeepworldDeepworld Member Posts: 285 ★★★
    Luke9523 said:

I haven't even looked into it yet, but is it likely to be a bug?

Not so much a bug, but more of an oversight on Kabam's half.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,936 ★★★★★
    That's amazing
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,091 ★★★★★
    Awesome. Worked for me, finally some good news today.
  • Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Member Posts: 342 ★★
    Sounds like a thing for a player who wants more challenge and less rewards lol whoever they may be
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Member Posts: 1,447 ★★★★

This.. can't be right, right?

150 7* shards for threat level 5? Is crazy considering how annoying and difficult those fights were. (I know that's the intended rewards for level 5 according to the Side Quest post, but that's WILD I'm never running this again)

If it stays 150 7* shards for threat level 1? Sure, why not, let me autofight and pick up some easy shards.

But that would make this the worst or most meaningless side quest we've ever gotten.

Seems to be about right…

• LetheLatteLetheLatte Member Posts: 114
    @Kabam Jax
    Was this intentional (are we able to use it) or will there be a penalty for grinding out the lower difficulty instead of the higher one to acquire the rewards?
  • LetheLatteLetheLatte Member Posts: 114

Hello. This was not intentional, the higher progression items should not be available in the lower quest selectors. We are planning to fix this, but in the meantime if players want to use it they are welcome to. Just know that at some point (probably tomorrow or Friday) the selectors in the lower difficulties will stop showing the rewards for the higher ones.

Ah, thank you
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,302 ★★★★

Hello. This was not intentional, the higher progression items should not be available in the lower quest selectors. We are planning to fix this, but in the meantime if players want to use it they are welcome to. Just know that at some point (probably tomorrow or Friday) the selectors in the lower difficulties will stop showing the rewards for the higher ones.

So then what's with the description that "Each runwill reward all 5 progression based selectors. You have access to all choices at or below your progression level" with no explanation of what rewards are "greater" when you go up in threat level?

It seems like there are two things:

Rewards based on Progression (ie the "reward chest" will allow you to choose up to your current Progression Level ex. Paragon)

Rewards based on Threat Level - which according to the Forum post about the side quest do not exist or have no mention.

You say we can choose to run the lower threat levels now to recieve the higher "progression" rewards but the Progression never changes.

Are there threat level rewards that are *not* mentioned in the Side Quest forum post? If I *choose* to run the side quest at threat level 1 am I *missing* out on something that has not been revealed or confirmed as rewards yet?

This one makes my head hurt. And side quests even when they're working right make my head hurt. But this one REALLY makes my head hurt.
  • Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Member Posts: 785 ★★★★
    I’m hoping you’re going to progression lock the higher threat levels so lower progression level players don’t waste t

So then what's with the description that "Each runwill reward all 5 progression based selectors. You have access to all choices at or below your progression level" with no explanation of what rewards are "greater" when you go up in threat level?

Rewards based on Progression (ie the "reward chest" will allow you to choose up to your current Progression Level ex. Paragon)

Rewards based on Threat Level - which according to the Forum post about the side quest do not exist or have no mention.

You say we can choose to run the lower threat levels now to recieve the higher "progression" rewards but the Progression never changes.

Are there threat level rewards that are *not* mentioned in the Side Quest forum post? If I *choose* to run the side quest at threat level 1 am I *missing* out on something that has not been revealed or confirmed as rewards yet?

This one makes my head hurt. And side quests even when they're working right make my head hurt. But this one REALLY makes my head hurt.
    Right now the way it is working is if you are a Paragon player, the Threat Level you run doesn't matter. You see the same options in the selectors regardless of the Threat Level you pick them up in.

The way it was intended to work, and will work once we fix it, is that the selector options will be locked based on Threat Level AND progression. So if you want the Paragon rewards from the selectors, you will have to both be Paragon and run Threat Level 5. Running Threat Level 1 will only have Proven rewards available in the selectors regardless of your progression.
    Will proven players also be locked out of higher threat levels so they don’t waste their effort on a harder quest with no extra rewards?
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,886 ★★★★★

Right now the way it is working is if you are a Paragon player, the Threat Level you run doesn't matter. You see the same options in the selectors regardless of the Threat Level you pick them up in.

The way it was intended to work, and will work once we fix it, is that the selector options will be locked based on Threat Level AND progression. So if you want the Paragon rewards from the selectors, you will have to both be Paragon and run Threat Level 5. Running Threat Level 1 will only have Proven rewards available in the selectors regardless of your progression.
    It’s not difficult regardless, but boo-hiss. I appreciate your taking the time to explain on this thread—while it would have been a nice game-time reducer to be able to hit TL1 for all the rewards, I will settle for solid, constructive moderator/player base interaction.

Thank you!

Dr. Zola
  • smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,284 ★★★
    This is get someone out of bed and/or pay a dev huge overtime to fix this broken.

I can play threat level 1 over and over to keep getting the rewards.

Will probably be hated for pointing it out but it’s another mistake that could just mess up the game economy.
  • AOLOGAOLOG Member Posts: 26
    So, just to clarify, until it is fixed we are allowed to do the lower levels for the higher rewards without penalty correct?
  • UnyonfaceUnyonface Member Posts: 585 ★★★
    smdam38 said:

This is get someone out of bed and/or pay a dev huge overtime to fix this broken.

Will probably be hated for pointing it out but it’s another mistake that could just mess up the game economy.

The rewards are a very small amount to impact the game economy.
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 752 ★★★
    smdam38 said:

You only get one week's worth of letters before they will have it fixed, not the end of the world
  • ThalivaThaliva Member Posts: 3
    Previously a player who is caviler or lower can try there luck on threat level 5 to get the rewards, why is the game locking rewards based on the progression..??
    The player should get complete rewards after doing the certain threat level and there should be selectors for progression level.

Please answer the above question, many people are curious about why you are doing the things that way.