**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Aegon vs Kate Dilemma

PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
Been chasing Aegon since Necro launched, opened at least 500-600k shards just for him including dual crystals, multiple nexus and an abyss nexus.

Since revive farming will be nerfed, I’m considering taking Kate to r5 (I was holding back as I didn’t want to use t6cc for a 6 star)

She’s ascended and I also have Kate and Chavez at rank 2. I was planning on doing a completion run with these 3.

My concern is if I end up getting Aegon after I take Kate to rank 5 , would it still be worth r5ing him then in that case for the remaining paths of Necropolis?

Another dilemma is that I’m still missing scorpion and silk , so for upcoming Abyss nexus selectors I could either go science for them or skill in hopes of Aegon (Kate would already be r5 at this point). My science roster is fairly weak as I’m also missing Titania/Hulk etc as 7*’s and play BGs.

Should I forget Aegon and try to target exploration with just Kate/Shuri? Or would it still be worth going skill in abyss nexus for him?

If so, would it still be worth r5ing Aegon after already having Kate r5?

Aegon vs Kate Dilemma 88 votes

Target Science from Abyss Nexus and Necro exploration with r2 Shuri and r5 Kate
52%
SecondSkrillerManup456Vegeta9001NescioKaspYTRayhanIshaqueflip3609sbropseudosaneBirdReynoldsMadhanHiphopRockSlydeRockyshockyIvarTheBonelessDylanphileMilan1405Valkyrion99SwarmOfRavensMCOCHazzaSparx265ChrisPowell 46 votes
Target Skill for Aegon from Abyss Nexus for future paths
47%
GamerKeonexLogan00gforcefanNemo10El_ojoedriccaptain_rogersGreekhitFilledPizzaAnnihilator13_Noble034ChrisP55Dfour24Aomine_Daiki10TraviswSensationsHoitadoSparty6AJ007 42 votes

Comments

• Options
    007Bishop said:

Kate is a leagues above Aegon. Even for necropolis if you know how to use her. Used her for all of my 3 runs of necropolis despite having an r4 sig 200 aegon. I regret taking him up for necropolis because Kate is just better.

@007Bishop How skilled would you say you are because most of the streams I’ve seen of her were people with high skill (lagacy /karate mike/Vega etc)

Some people here mentioned when they tried to use Kate it was difficult to keep the enemy cornered when they had to do both watch for pausing her debuffs while keeping an eye out for the nodes or defenders abilities. Think @jcphillips7 mentioned that and @ThePredator1001 said it was difficult to get the perfect set up or when they did, it would just fall off.

One thing I’m thinking of doing is just blocking more often during specials instead of dashing back, so that i dont end up being too far away from the corner
  • Options
    mbgibsonmbgibson Posts: 112
    I just finished up Guardian, so I'm mid-run. I took the Titania path with 6/65 ascended Kate, 7* R2 Vox, 6* R4 Abs Man, 6* R3 Juggs (GM final phase), and 6* R1 Chavez (synergy only). So far, I've used 29 single revives and 2 team revives through 8 fights. Not great, but not bad.

Kate can be stressful, but man when she gets rolling it is impressive. So far, Capt. Britain was by far the hardest fight for me. I found it difficult to keep her in the corner. She recovers from knock downs so fast, and I was unable to punish her SP1 or chain heavies. Wiccan and Titania are much more manageable because you can punish both SP1 and SP2, and chain heavy attacks. I have only used Kate for those 3 fights. Vox took OS, Psychoman, and Guardian. Abs Man took Arkus and Air Walker.

If the first couple arrows fall off- that's fine. Do not force an intercept or heavy to keep them on. Just focus on backing the defenders down. Once in the corner, use both the Riposte and Striker (staggered) to give easy heavy attack openings. When rooted, most opponents can be heavy punished afterwards. I actually found it easier to keep up her effects at that point.
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 653 ★★★
    Even if you’re not a pro with Kate Bishop you’ll definitely be able to do a completion run with Kate and Shuri. Unless you can pretty regularly do the perfect set up, I find I’m better off getting the coldsnap up right away and then trying to set up after that. That way I’m always doing damage and if things happen and it falls off I still dealt some good damage.

Practice timing the sp2 perfect release as well, you have to hold it abit longer than you’d think. But that will allow you to replace 2 of your cold snaps with the improved potency when you get the fragilities on them. Otherwise the sp1 will only let you replace 1 with the new potency even if you launch it multiple times.

Also if you have 7* Shuri, consider going down Mr F. Path, she destroys that one. My easiest run was with Shuri and abs man, they did all the fights on the Mr F and Apoc paths. And then I brought Juggs for phase 3 and 4 of the grandmaster
  • Options
    RebarkRebark Posts: 344 ★★★
    Aegon is faster, easier to use, however, it is more expensive.
    If you want to save units, Kate is the best option. She requires more gameplay and will consume more time, but she is also a champion that can be used in other game modes.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,328 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023
    Investing in Aegon will be much better as he can do 98% of Necropolis fights and can single-handedly give you Valaint !!
    Don't know much but Kate can't do wall path and some other fights
  • Options
    007Bishop007Bishop Posts: 354 ★★★
    Polygon said:

007Bishop said:

Kate is a leagues above Aegon. Even for necropolis if you know how to use her. Used her for all of my 3 runs of necropolis despite having an r4 sig 200 aegon. I regret taking him up for necropolis because Kate is just better.

@007Bishop How skilled would you say you are because most of the streams I’ve seen of her were people with high skill (lagacy /karate mike/Vega etc)

Some people here mentioned when they tried to use Kate it was difficult to keep the enemy cornered when they had to do both watch for pausing her debuffs while keeping an eye out for the nodes or defenders abilities. Think @jcphillips7 mentioned that and @ThePredator1001 said it was difficult to get the perfect set up or when they did, it would just fall off.

One thing I’m thinking of doing is just blocking more often during specials instead of dashing back, so that i dont end up being too far away from the corner
    Yes, block the specials whenever you can, especially when you are rooted. She has really good block proficiency to tank specials into her block. If your kate is duped, it's easy to pause her DOTs by hitting into the block to give u enough time to corner them and refresh the DOTs. Practice a little against champs with specials that are easy to heavy counter and against those that don't have easy heavy countering specials. Make use of her evade when u need it the most
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

Kate is better and cheaper, Aegon is easier but more expensive. Kate can one or two shot fights that Aegon will need four+ attempts at, it’s just that a bad Kate run means you do basically no damage at all but a bad Aegon run is still like 10% of the opponent’s health.

I feel like Aegon saves more on potions than Kate though since you can just pop a revive and go in with Aegon or heal until 40% but with Kate you have to heal to like 80% to get the most out of her ramp up before dying. Otherwise youd have to get all the dialed in passives and debuffs all over again. Also like @mbgibson mentioned, you eventually get rooted and thats where the block damage will chip at even more health during the specials.

@IvarTheBoneless @ThePredator1001 @mbgibson how much did you guys heal her after each revive?
  • Options
    mbgibsonmbgibson Posts: 112
    Polygon said:

@mbgibson how much did you guys heal her after each revive?

@Polygon I was doing straight 40% revives on that annoying Capt. Britain and then healed to 80% on Wiccan. He regens every SP1, and since Kate has to ramp to prevent his regen, I really felt I had to heal up a lot to extend the fight time. I was healing up Vox to the 70-80% range was well and getting ~6 minute fight times on both Psychoman and Guardian. The 2 Abs man fights I was using straight 20% revives. He heals up on his own and those defenders also have a risk of going to SP3. So in general I have been healing up pretty high, exception being Abs man.

It helps that I had 800+ 4-hr crystals. I popped 250 or so and ended up with 130+ level 4 health pots.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,816 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Investing in Aegon will be much better as he can do 98% of Necropolis fights and can single-handedly give you Valaint !!

Kate can do the wall path fine
  • Options
    RockyshockyRockyshocky Posts: 102 ★★
    PT_99 said:

I did the wall path just fine with kate
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 363 ★★

Duped him a few secs ago, is this a sign from the Marvelverse ?!? 🤔
  • Options
    1st option of going science and skipping aegon from abyss nexus/r5ing him was in the lead by a lot of votes, but now the poll looks a lot closer.

By the way is it best to use a cosmic champ for the psychoman and guardian? I was originally going to bring either Absorbing Man or Heimdall as the 5th slot .

Team is:
    Chavez r2
    Shuri r2
    Kate r6
    Juggs r4
    5th: ?
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 ★★★★
    Polygon said:

Wicket329 said:

Kate is better and cheaper, Aegon is easier but more expensive. Kate can one or two shot fights that Aegon will need four+ attempts at, it’s just that a bad Kate run means you do basically no damage at all but a bad Aegon run is still like 10% of the opponent’s health.

I feel like Aegon saves more on potions than Kate though since you can just pop a revive and go in with Aegon or heal until 40% but with Kate you have to heal to like 80% to get the most out of her ramp up before dying. Otherwise youd have to get all the dialed in passives and debuffs all over again. Also like @mbgibson mentioned, you eventually get rooted and thats where the block damage will chip at even more health during the specials.

@IvarTheBoneless @ThePredator1001 @mbgibson how much did you guys heal her after each revive?
    Bro have you forgotten? You literally asked me this in another thread lol

• Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    Took in both Aegon and kate in my first run, and Aegon was so much more costly and less enjoyable. Kate is sooo good for the titania path its not even funny. Once you get fully set up it's arguably easier than using Aegon too. its basically heavy spam in the corner while the opponent lets specials fly due to the cornered thing she has.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    A 6* Aegon won’t be relevant only for Necropolis.
    He will be 99% sure relevant on the next Everest content that drops.
    And judging by how well Necropolis was received by the community, and the massive participation despite being expensive content for the average player, suggests that Kabam will repeat this type of content very soon.
    You won’t have a 7* Aegon that soon.
    I personally doubt he will get released as a 7* upcoming months, and even if he does you will need him at least at sig80 to get him rolling.
    People in the recent past, were making fun of those that were investing resources in their 6* Aegon.
    They were forgetting though, that a ramped up Aegon was (and still is) the most powerful champion in the game.
    I have zero regrets for r5ing and ascending him.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Greekhit said:

A 6* Aegon won’t be relevant only for Necropolis.
    He will be 99% sure relevant on the next Everest content that drops.
    And judging by how well Necropolis was received by the community, and the massive participation despite being expensive content for the average player, suggests that Kabam will repeat this type of content very soon.
    You won’t have a 7* Aegon that soon.
    I personally doubt he will get released as a 7* upcoming months, and even if he does you will need him at least at sig80 to get him rolling.
    People in the recent past, were making fun of those that were investing resources in their 6* Aegon.
    They were forgetting though, that a ramped up Aegon was (and still is) the most powerful champion in the game.
    I have zero regrets for r5ing and ascending him.

The issue isnt that he isnt worth it, its that by the time we get the next Everest content, r5 gems and ascension dust will be a lot more abundant. Also, Kabam sometimes puts roster restrictions in Everest content (Carina v3 EOP for instance required you to use chamos youd never rank up in a million years)

Aegon would have definitely been my r5 choice over Kate but Kabam decided i should just suck it up and go with Kate for my first run, so if i get Aegon afterwards, would be kind of less worthwhile to r5 him especially since I’d be throwing away chances at Scorpion/Silk
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,190 ★★★★
    Polygon said:

007Bishop said:

Heavy spam and sp1 in the corner is the way
    I haven't tried doing my path but have tried using Kate
    She melted Titania to 26% without boosts
  • Options
    How good is Heimdall for the Kate /Shuri/Chavez team?

Is it worth instead of him bringing Absorbing Man ? Chavez is r2.

I dont have any fancy 7* cosmics for guardian like thor or vox, so im hoping absorbing can still be good if i play average with him
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★★
    Kate is way cheaper for the left side but going to the right you will understand why people are ranking up Aegon.
  • Options

Kate is way cheaper for the left side but going to the right you will understand why people are ranking up Aegon.

Damn, so Aegon actually saves more resources for those paths than her? Assuming you’re a decent Kate player and not on the level of those that are getting one shots
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

Damn, so Aegon actually saves more resources for those paths than her? Assuming you’re a decent Kate player and not on the level of those that are getting one shots
    I used Kate there. Sure there are some fights Ramped up Aegon would do better, but Kate probably does them perfectly fine as well. Not to mention you would be wasting some tries with aegon to ramp him up first
  • Options
    TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Posts: 436 ★★★
    GrO_ot78 said:

Duped him a few secs ago, is this a sign from the Marvelverse ?!? 🤔

Definitely. Go in and get us the remaining deaths for the final "Road to the Crypt" milestone. 😌
  • Options
    2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 855 ★★★
    Players unskilled with Kate spend more on Necropolis than unskilled Aegon players. Practice Kate with Titania, if you are not doing well... Reconsider using Kate or keep practising.
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    If you’re even moderately skilled at playing Kate go with her.

I did my full exploration with Kate/Chavez/Wong/G99

6r5 ascended Kate carried me through majority of it with the exception being attuma section where I brought in shuri as well.

Didn’t prefarm any pots or revives, just bought the eq completion bundle x4 times and used it with what I had stashed.

The only path where I thought aegon would be nice to have was path 6 with reverse controls and power drain to save me the headache, but I had so many team revives in overflow from how cheap the previous runs were that it didn’t really matter.

A lot of Kate “stress” goes out the window when you’ve played her enough and know what you’re doing. You don’t need to frequently knock down if you punish specials frequently (which her cornered passive helps bait) to pause the timer or you hit block or punish a heavy. The root also actively benefits her in plenty matchups since it cuts spacing letting you heavy counter more specials.

Sauron, mr F, Titania are all great fights to practice on to know if you’ll enjoy using her
  • Options

If you’re even moderately skilled at playing Kate go with her.

I did my full exploration with Kate/Chavez/Wong/G99

6r5 ascended Kate carried me through majority of it with the exception being attuma section where I brought in shuri as well.

Didn’t prefarm any pots or revives, just bought the eq completion bundle x4 times and used it with what I had stashed.

The only path where I thought aegon would be nice to have was path 6 with reverse controls and power drain to save me the headache, but I had so many team revives in overflow from how cheap the previous runs were that it didn’t really matter.

A lot of Kate “stress” goes out the window when you’ve played her enough and know what you’re doing. You don’t need to frequently knock down if you punish specials frequently (which her cornered passive helps bait) to pause the timer or you hit block or punish a heavy. The root also actively benefits her in plenty matchups since it cuts spacing letting you heavy counter more specials.

Sauron, mr F, Titania are all great fights to practice on to know if you’ll enjoy using her

@SwarmOfRavens did you also try to heal until full for kate to prevent from having to spend time reramping if you died prematurely?

Is it better to punish specials with regular combos to pause the timer or attempt a heavy punish? Not sure how difficult the spacing is for the path 1 champs but her heavy seems to have good reach