**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Whos Excited for war season!

ScottryanScottryan Posts: 467 ★★★
edited December 2023 in General Discussion
I know I sure am! I cant wait to plan my wars on Christmas and new years. How about you guys?

In all seriousness this is kind of ridiculous. This has never been a problem before, but based on the response maybe that was a coincidence. I duno

Comments

• Options
    It's the perfect reason to join a casual war ally and just build up your loyalty
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,205 ★★★★
    I would say that it would be too hard to fix the problem so they instead looked for a reason, senseless one but, I guess it is what it is, I think it would be fair to say: "Yo, our bad, but we cant fix it due to the lack of time" But I guess that would be less professional.

If any Kabam fam reads this, yeah, it is senseless since the Holidays are as international as the game is, will be different ones with different names but there will still be, the same way New Year is the same for absolutely everybody, so the reason behind this decission must or at least, should be different
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

It's the perfect reason to join a casual war ally and just build up your loyalty

unfortunately I play competitively, and with the dates for banquet Its not a great time to move even if I wanted to (waiting 2 weeks to open anything sucks)

Im just surprised that this is the first time we have ever had this problem, and the response is "well not everyone celebrates so its not our problem", when they literally have entire events built around this being a time of year where most people celebrate some form of holiday. Its just very silly to me
  • Options
    Jefechuta said:

I would say that it would be too hard to fix the problem so they instead looked for a reason, senseless one but, I guess it is what it is, I think it would be fair to say: "Yo, our bad, but we cant fix it due to the lack of time" But I guess that would be less professional.

If any Kabam fam reads this, yeah, it is senseless since the Holidays are as international as the game is, will be different ones with different names but there will still be, the same way New Year is the same for absolutely everybody, so the reason behind this decission must or at least, should be different

Is it less professional to say you messed up and cant fix it
    Or
    To pretend that this time of year/holiday isn't relevant to your community

if its the first one I would rather have transparency above all else. There's nothing wrong with making mistakes if you're willing to own up to them
  • Options
    Scottryan said:

Jefechuta said:

Is it less professional to say you messed up and cant fix it
    Or
    To pretend that this time of year/holiday isn't relevant to your community

if its the first one I would rather have transparency above all else. There's nothing wrong with making mistakes if you're willing to own up to them
    I mean, both are unprofessional, but I dont know, the reason behind all of this is something we wont know so...
  • Options
    Scottryan said:

Pikolu said:

unfortunately I play competitively, and with the dates for banquet Its not a great time to move even if I wanted to (waiting 2 weeks to open anything sucks)

Im just surprised that this is the first time we have ever had this problem, and the response is "well not everyone celebrates so its not our problem", when they literally have entire events built around this being a time of year where most people celebrate some form of holiday. Its just very silly to me
    You'd only have to wait 1 day to open the crystals if you joined an alliance right now. I got a whole layered post that I could add another layer to on here if you'd like :)
  • Options
    DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Scottryan said:

Pikolu said:

You'd only have to wait 1 day to open the crystals if you joined an alliance right now. I got a whole layered post that I could add another layer to on here if you'd like :)
    You realize that leaving today creates an entire other host of problems for anyone in T1 right? Fact of the matter is, after the post made by Mike even less people will want to play T1. By encouraging players to leave today you risk the chance of causing your alliance a complete inability to even compete when the season starts. It’s completely unfair to anyone playing at the level that requires people to be dedicated to war.
  • Options

Jefechuta said:

The reason is definitely just the timing, and it's something we're going to take into account for the future, but there was some really rude people in that thread (deleted their comments) insinuating that just because they celebrate a holiday, we need to make changes to the schedule.

So to be clear, that is not the reason we're continuing the War Season, but I will not be tolerating comments from those saying that we must make changes based on the holiday schedule. We have our own schedules we need to stick to as well, and when we can change them, we will. In this case, we cannot.
    Very glad to see this response honestly, Im totally agree with you and as I said, sometimes it is what it is, if you cannot change it due to the schedule you have, we will have to adapt to it, since not everything can be how we want it to be, which is understandable.

Personally I didnt have any problem with it since I tend to be alone on this holidays but It seemed odd since last years we had those breaks.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Pikolu said:

Scottryan said:

Pikolu said:

Yeah but I also don't want to leave my alliance. war is the only game mode that I find fun

To be perfectly honest I am okay with doing war during the holiday, even on Christmas. I just think its a real kick in the nuts to the planners, who put in more work than anyone, to have to take hours away from their Christmas to make a plan
  • Options
    Dab_westDab_west Posts: 122
    I dont celebrate Christmas or New Years, so u guys should stop yapping ong
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Dab_west said:

I dont celebrate Christmas or New Years, so u guys should stop yapping ong

Na we celebrate Banquet, and the war season is going to cut into that sweetie <3

Thats the real community holiday
  • Options
    Also if the holiday isn't celebrated, why we gettin a holiday gift on the 25th :/
  • Options
    Dab_westDab_west Posts: 122
    mlp banquet
  • Options
    BeeweeBeewee Posts: 533 ★★★★
    Scottryan said:

Also if the holiday isn't celebrated, why we gettin a holiday gift on the 25th :/

It’s coal
  • Options
    obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 708 ★★★
    I love these types of posts.

I always read it as "Kabam needs to honor real life and let players enjoy the holidays, but heaven forbid I suggest to my alliance leaders that maybe they should honor real life and let the members enjoy the holidays."

To insinuate that the burden is solely on Kabam has to alter things to accommodate real life and not the player's running your alliance is absurd. Join a casual alliance, take a week or two of AW off, take a season off. But really... only Kabam should care about honoring your holidays but not the people running your alliance? Just wow...
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    edited December 2023

• Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,197 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Scottryan said:

The gift is on the 24th, for the holiday season.
    A bit sad the season can’t be delayed I understand stil sadly over it but hav a great time to
  • Options
    PowPow48PowPow48 Posts: 17
    Ok I understand due to bad timing we have wars scheduled during the holidays. Unfortunate but ok. Can we get a care package with full AW energy refills so we can finish our paths asap and spend time with loved ones? Don’t think it’s too much to ask for.
  • Options
    PowPow48 said:

Ok I understand due to bad timing we have wars scheduled during the holidays. Unfortunate but ok. Can we get a care package with full AW energy refills so we can finish our paths asap and spend time with loved ones? Don’t think it’s too much to ask for.

That's actually a really good idea
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★

Scottryan said:

Jefechuta said:

The reason is definitely just the timing, and it's something we're going to take into account for the future, but there was some really rude people in that thread (deleted their comments) insinuating that just because they celebrate a holiday, we need to make changes to the schedule.

So to be clear, that is not the reason we're continuing the War Season, but I will not be tolerating comments from those saying that we must make changes based on the holiday schedule. We have our own schedules we need to stick to as well, and when we can change them, we will. In this case, we cannot.
    Part of the problem for me, is that I'm sure most of the people in the office at Kabam probably celebrate the holiday as well. If there are massive problems with the first war there probably wont be enough people in office on that day to actually fix it
    Our team always has somebody on call during the Holidays, and that includes on days like Christmas and New Years. There have been issues in the past, and we've addressed them pretty quickly, regardless of the day.
    I just don’t understand if it’s possible to correct things urgently in that scenario why it’s more work to proactively delay season start date.
  • Options
    Tofu1459Tofu1459 Posts: 9
    @Kabam Miike I believe there is no conspiracy here but the fact remains that Kabam is making millions of people face a huge problem. Drop wars and tiers or commit to competitive content instead of enjoyment with the family. That is exactly the opposite of what this time of year symbolizes or should be.
  • Options
    I understand that not everyone celebrates Christmas… or new years… but no one wants to spend Christmas Eve or New Year’s Eve planning a war. Or they could plan on Christmas, or new years, which isn’t much better. In the past, y’all have adjusted it a couple of weeks for the holiday season. Why can y’all not now? This has the potential to cause a boycott
  • Options
    ZefirosakZefirosak Posts: 11

Jefechuta said:

I'm genuinely curious about the shift in approach from the past when postponing the alliance war season was an option. Currently, it seems like there's a disconnection with the vast majority—perhaps 95% of the communities, and it feels like the concerns from the Master level players are being completely overlooked.

Last year, there was a plan to commence the Alliance War season around mid-December. However, someone wisely intervened and decided to kick off the season on the first Wednesday of the New Year. This decision resonated well with most people, which is why I believe many of us have valid and legitimate questions about the current approach.

Moreover, there's a shared understanding that while the team might claim ignorance about upcoming holidays, there will undoubtedly be special Christmas offers available for real money. This disconnect seems a bit perplexing. On one hand, there's a concerted effort to unify the community through live streams and engagement, yet on the other, it feels like an entire year's worth of hard work by the team might be compromised due to what seems like a questionable decision.

Ultimately, it's a little disheartening to witness such a discrepancy, especially when the aim is to foster unity and engagement within the community.
  • Options
    ValmezValmez Posts: 74

Jefechuta said:

There's been an ability to postpone the war season starting in the last two years. I'd say it's fair that the community should hope for the same.

Perhaps it's also prudent that Kabam would put the respect back towards the community instead of "schedules" that show genuine appreciation for the community, instead of a company towed line "we will look into it next year you're feedback is important to us" type of comments.

Ofcourse Kabam isn't obligated to change it, but this is how you help build and maintain a good relationship with a big portion of the Tier1 AW community , who let's be honest put in much more than the average Mcoc player. These gestures of extending the off season keep us more engaged instead of burning out in a month, six months or a year from now.

We put a lot into our alliance- especially the war planners for zero, literally zero extra reward. We build up our alliances and push and feel a sense of pride towards achieving and the players, officers/planners feel a sense of responsibility to succeed for their mates in their alliance because quite frankly being in an alliance and competing gives a big sense of achievement more than any solo game mode and a lot of Tier1 players are competitive by nature.

That's also a fundamental reason why players posted wrong things. Sure they shouldn't post inappropriate comments on the forum, but look a bit deeper and think why are these players frustrated? Again, a two way street where respect is given from both sides (players and Kabam) keeps things going a lot longer than short term "sticking to schedule".
  • Options
    obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 708 ★★★
    @Valmez so your alliance leaders put a lot into planning for zero reward but they won't allow their own alliance a break to celebrate holidays? Sounds like leadership with backwards priorities. Why is it all on Kabam but you have an unwillingness to speak up with your own alliance leadership and make the same lamentations to them you're making here to Kabam.

You want Kabam to care about the player base and respect the real life of players, but you don't expect the same from those leading your alliance? Seems backwards and hypocritical to me.

Tell me honestly... 1) How much of a drop will there be missing an AW or two? 2) How much time do you think you will have to devote to an AW that falls over X-Mas? You absolutely couldn't find a couple of 5-10 minute windows to step away without your family disowning you? 3) What's more important? Spending the holidays with your family and being game free for 24 hours of doing AW? Kind of feels like you and your alliance leaders already answered #3?