Options

It's that time of year - Banquet and Accolade Events are here!

Comments

• Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 507 ★★★

Hey guys, I see lots of feedback, and have been thinking about what to respond with. Honestly, I don't know if there is anything to respond with, and I don't think there's anything I can say that will change opinions here.

This event is something people look forward to, and it's something that we strive to deliver on. This year, we made improvements in every way possible, so your direct feedback with actual actionable items would be appreciated to help me understand.

We reduced the number of points available for opening each Greater Gifting Crystal, but also reduced the points needed to hit that same milestone last year. Last year, there was 15 Solo Event milestones, with the top reward being a 5-Star Relic at 100,000 points. Buy and opening 25 crystals got you that Milestone. This year, the 15th Milestone is at 75,600 points and is a 6-Star Abyss Nexus Crystal. To get there, you would need to buy and open 28 GBCs. Yes, that is 3 more than before, but it's also arguably a better reward than the Relic Crystal.

There are also 5 additional Milestones available, and while I get that people are looking at last year's as "I got everything for 25 Crystals", that's not really a fair way to look at this. We extended the runway, added more Milestones for those that want to complete it, and took nothing away from those who don't want to go any further than what they did last time.

The Alliance event also has one additional Milestone, but to hit the 15th Milestone, it requires fewer crystals from across the whole Alliance than it did to hit the 15th (and final) Milestone of last year. We added one more Milestone this year for those that want to go for it. I think people are looking at those rewards tables as 100% vs 100%, not as the number of milestones, which is how they really should be looked at.

Additionally, these Crystals have better rewards than the last year's crystals.

Of course, we can't compare last year's event to this one directly; there's been a lot of changes in the Game, with the addition of 7 Stars, Ascension, and higher ranks, but that doesn't mean that we are going to go crazy with all of those materials. There are a lot of comments on wanting more 7-Star Shards or Rank 3 Materials (we were explicit with where you can expect to get the first available R3 7-Stars), and while I understand where you're coming from, nobody wants to live in a world where we burn through 7-Stars in a year and need to introduce 8-Stars in 2024. There will always be taps that are opened slowly, otherwise we end up burning through content and that's not good for the game.

I appreciate all of your feedback, but if you have something a bit more actionable or precise as to why you're upset, I would love to take that to the team for future consideration. I want to understand, so we can improve for the future.

What about gifting consumables? Can we do that this year?
  • Options
    MikeTheGamerXMikeTheGamerX Posts: 10
    edited December 2023
    I wish they put more ascension dust (tier 2), titan and 7 star basic shards and 1-2 7 stars gems and why is there only a quarter of a tier 3 alpha and tier 6 basic in the alliance event they should at least be 1 FULL catalyst and if the GBCs were 210 units that would be such an improvement.
  • Options
    Lil_king_redLil_king_red Posts: 16

If I counted right we get 19 free GBC which is 13,300 points
    117,600 - 13,300 = 104,300 points left

104,300 / 2800 = 37,25 = 38 GBCs rounded up

38 * 300 = 11,400 units

11,400 - 600 units we get = 10,800 units for all milestones

Whew, quite a bit
    Or my math just sucks, that's possible too

Edit: Missed the calendar GBCs, so like, subtract 600 from that

Wait how do we get the 19 free gbc? If you know
  • Options
    xLunatiXx said:

Jefechuta said:

@Kabam Miike EDIT: Right is left, left is right, damn, its 2 AM here

Since its kinda meh to write it, I just edited some of the fixes I think would be appropiate without destroying the economy of the game:

First of all, the Greater Banquet Crystals:

Right side is the current one, left side is my change

I dont think at the current state of the game, we should have 2 6* Sig Stone prizes, so I changed it so we only have the generic ones only.

Buffed the 7* Shards a little bit, since I dont know the chances still, guessing those are above the lower % ones, I think those buffs are kinda fair, both basic and Titan shards.

We had also 2 prizes for T5 basic, the lowest one was removed.

No more changes here.

Also changed the ISO rewards inside the GBC, the first amounts are the current ones, the last amounts are the ones I would wish for, the ones in the middle are the fair ones.

Now, the Solo Milestones:

Removed the T2 Alpha rewards and lowered one Tier the points overall.

6* Awakening Gem reduced to one, and lowered the points till put it right after the Deathless piece.

T5 Basic Cats removed.

5-Star relic turned into Nexus.

T5 CC, T3 Alpha and T6 Basic buffed from 1 to 3.

6-Star Relic turned into Nexus. ( I dont think its that gamebreaking to make it Nexus)

T6 Class Catalyst Selector points lowered.

6* Rank Up Crystal 4 to 5 added.

Titan Shards added.

I think those changes are fair enough without being gamebreaking.

And finally the alliance milestones:

T2 Alpha and T5 Basic removed and T3 and T6 added instead, one of each.

Tier 1 Primordial Dust removed .

6* Shards points lowered into the T1 Dust place.

6* Rank Up Gem 3 to 4 added.

T3 Alpha frags removed, T6 Class 50% Crystal added instead.

T6 Basic Frags removed, 7* Shards added instead; 2500 (I dont think its too much, can be lowered but I think this is fair enough)

Now, I think this changes are enough to fix the players negative feedback, but the ranked rewards need also need several tweaks, rewards from 601-2600 to 100% should be looken into, in this case Ill just write it down instead of make a comparison table:

Minimum 6 Rank up Gems should be 3 to 4, remove the lower ones.

7* Shards should be buffed, how come top 601 spender only gets 2.500 Titan shards, I dont think thats fair at all, same with the basic ones.

We need more Relic Nexuses for top rewards.

6* Crystals, nexus or not, should be class at least for higher ranks.

And some buffs in calendar rewards from Dec 21 to Jan 3:

Turn 2k 4*Shards into 10k 5* Shards.

Turn 5k 5*Shards into 5k 6*Shards, both days

Turn 4k 6*Shards into 2.5k 7* Shards.

Those would be the changes overall, I think most of them are fair enough for both the players and the company, I dont know if you guys have enough time to change them or not, but I think it would be very nice to give an additional "compensation" or "gift" package with the rewards I changed above for the players that would have reached that rewards.

I hope this at least helps for the next event if you cant fix this one before it starts.

Thank you for making this.

One thing I'd like to add about your last sentence, I hope they don't take this literally and use those rewards for next year cause they will be out of touch once again. Being one year behind on the meta just like they are one year behind this year.
    I really like the 3-4 gem In alliance milestone, in the solo event I think they should make a 3-4 gem instead of the second 6 star awakening gem or tier 2 dust it’s just we don’t need another 6 star awakening gem one is enough lol
  • Options
    Another thing is why are we getting the same amount of T6Basic and T3Alpha as last year like come on at least a

3-4 gem or 2/3 full catalysts on alliance and solo event

like bro the economy of the game has changed so much since last years banquet last years banquet were legit giving out the first

rank 5 6 stars

and now there’s people with 30 r5 6 stars, I’m paragon and I only have 2 r5 6 stars like I’d much rather more r5s and r4s then fragments of T6Basics and T3Alpha (i just turned paragon last month) and i whaled out on cyber weekend which was really account improving
  • Options
    SquirrelSquireSquirrelSquire Posts: 15
    edited December 2023
    Hi, if I was to pick one thing that was somewhat actionable it would be that the amount of 7 star shards in the rank rewards be changed. It's my opinion of course, but I feel as though someone in the top 5% only getting 1k shards, when someone in the top 25% is also getting 1k shards, isn't reflective of their investment in the event.
  • Options
    BursucuBarosanBursucuBarosan Posts: 19
    edited December 2023
    Then why did you make the rank rewards so good?Ofc you have to get bread,but make the milestone rewards somewhat good for the ones who don't spend.You left the first few almost unchanged and added some new ones to "compensate" for the ones before those.If you at least left the points for opening/buying banquet crystals unchanged it would've been somehow better.I am waiting for the streams to see how pissed off the chats gonna be.You brought all of this on yourself,it aint gonna be pleasant for you to see the chat filled with "Make banquet great again","kascam" and things like those.Just do yourselves a favor and try to make up for the community with something.
  • Options
    Adrianz1Adrianz1 Posts: 58
    There are those very rich guys playing this game that will spend about 90% of the game income during this event, thats what they are targeting, they dont care about your 10 or 20k units you grinded for in arena and events. Remmeber Cowhale drama? You guys will spend or not, the game will go on, that guy last year made a deposit because buying odins would have taken too long lol! Feel free to disagree and trash my post but it will not matter, i dont like the rewards either but it is what it is.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,167 ★★★★★

If I counted right we get 19 free GBC which is 13,300 points
    117,600 - 13,300 = 104,300 points left

104,300 / 2800 = 37,25 = 38 GBCs rounded up

38 * 300 = 11,400 units

11,400 - 600 units we get = 10,800 units for all milestones

Whew, quite a bit
    Or my math just sucks, that's possible too

Edit: Missed the calendar GBCs, so like, subtract 600 from that

Wait how do we get the 19 free gbc? If you know
    It’s actually 23

10 - Accolades event
    4 - Calendar
    4 - Solo event
    5 - Alliance Event
  • Options
    NabeelahmadNabeelahmad Posts: 33

Hey guys, I see lots of feedback, and have been thinking about what to respond with. Honestly, I don't know if there is anything to respond with, and I don't think there's anything I can say that will change opinions here.

This event is something people look forward to, and it's something that we strive to deliver on. This year, we made improvements in every way possible, so your direct feedback with actual actionable items would be appreciated to help me understand.

We reduced the number of points available for opening each Greater Gifting Crystal, but also reduced the points needed to hit that same milestone last year. Last year, there was 15 Solo Event milestones, with the top reward being a 5-Star Relic at 100,000 points. Buy and opening 25 crystals got you that Milestone. This year, the 15th Milestone is at 75,600 points and is a 6-Star Abyss Nexus Crystal. To get there, you would need to buy and open 28 GBCs. Yes, that is 3 more than before, but it's also arguably a better reward than the Relic Crystal.

There are also 5 additional Milestones available, and while I get that people are looking at last year's as "I got everything for 25 Crystals", that's not really a fair way to look at this. We extended the runway, added more Milestones for those that want to complete it, and took nothing away from those who don't want to go any further than what they did last time.

The Alliance event also has one additional Milestone, but to hit the 15th Milestone, it requires fewer crystals from across the whole Alliance than it did to hit the 15th (and final) Milestone of last year. We added one more Milestone this year for those that want to go for it. I think people are looking at those rewards tables as 100% vs 100%, not as the number of milestones, which is how they really should be looked at.

Of course, we can't compare last year's event to this one directly; there's been a lot of changes in the Game, with the addition of 7 Stars, Ascension, and higher ranks, but that doesn't mean that we are going to go crazy with all of those materials. There are a lot of comments on wanting more 7-Star Shards or Rank 3 Materials (we were explicit with where you can expect to get the first available R3 7-Stars), and while I understand where you're coming from, nobody wants to live in a world where we burn through 7-Stars in a year and need to introduce 8-Stars in 2024. There will always be taps that are opened slowly, otherwise we end up burning through content and that's not good for the game.

I appreciate all of your feedback, but if you have something a bit more actionable or precise as to why you're upset, I would love to take that to the team for future consideration. I want to understand, so we can improve for the future.

What r3 material are you saying btw that tier 3 alpha and tier 6 basis lolss are you for serious yes that t6cc is something but if you reallly saying that 7* r3 stuff then it should be atleassssst 15k to 25k fragments of t4 alpha that was a really something.
  • Options
    UgnautUgnaut Posts: 46
    . Basically they copied and pasted the rewards from last year to this year with slight changes. Uh guys, there was some huge changes since last year. The stuff you’re offering this year is no help like it was last year. We have had the intro of 7*s, a great 7/4 offers, ascension, early R3 drop and Valiant in 7 months. SO THIS IS NOT A NORMAL YEAR. Cyber weekend was ok, bit of a let down really, spent a little but I spent a ton 7/4. This event will keep me on the sidelines. You can’t compare banquet events from year to year without taking into accounts the changes that occurred in the last year. I have no desire for. T2A, T5B, 6* shards and even tier 6 stuff is fairly easy to get thru the stores. What a waste of event.
  • Options
    2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 855 ★★★
    edited December 2023
    The issue many players are having with the Banquet is the progression to Valiant. Players believed the Banquet would offer a better opportunity to become Valiant vs Cyber Week. Kabam announced the only way to become Valiant before Christmas is Necropolis exploration or Necropolis completion and Cyber Week deals.

Many player completely disregarded or were unaware of that announcement. Players were pushing the Banquet as a method to obtain a rank 3 7*. The leaked Banquet crystal probably cemented in some players minds the Banquet would present rank 3 material at a cost less than Cyber Week.
  • Options

What does the "SRA" mean here?

it's a selector for their respective pools
    Yes, a selector 1 of 6 or 7 champions. YouTube it!
  • Options
    NoirSoiréeNoirSoirée Posts: 30
    edited December 2023
    My input on 1 potential "actionable change" @Kabam Miike

Restore the points system from last year in regards to earning points by buying consumables (cores, revives, potions, etc)... That way players at higher progression (upper paragon/valiant) who do not benefit as much from the GBCs can still feel included during the event when they spend units towards exploring necropolis.

If not, please can u justify the reasoning for removing the points earned for consumables purchases? @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    UgnautUgnaut Posts: 46
    2StarKing said:

The issue many players are having with the Banquet is the progression to Valiant. Players believed the Banquet would offer a better opportunity to become Valiant vs Cyber Week. Kabam announced the only way to become Valiant before Christmas is Necropolis exploration or Necropolis completion and Cyber Week deals.

Many player completely disregarded or were unaware of that announcement. Players were pushing the Banquet as a method to obtain a rank 3 7*. The leaked Banquet crystal probably cemented in some players minds the Banquet would present rank 3 material at a cost less than Cyber Week.

Wrong, hey about some actual real 7*s shards and some solid R2 materials, don’t be throwing out 6* shards and nexus as top prizes when it’s a joke. T5 basics are you kidding me. The rewards are a complete joke from the crystals, milestone and ranked rewards for both solo and alliance event.. I rank top 3% last year, I don’t even know if I am going to get any crystals at all this year.
  • Options
    DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★

You talk about actionable ideas while ignoring all of the actionable ideas like lowering the unit cost by Summoner level or offering greater rewards by Summoner level 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    Fahad9156Fahad9156 Posts: 1
    Why no one talking about the banquets point which they have reduced, last year to buy 1 GBC points were 3k now it's 2100 and to open it was 1k now 700. why do you guys need to reduce these points?
  • Options
    benshbbenshb Posts: 797 ★★★★
    Banquet being maybe the most top reward event, is a fact, noone is doubting that. But it not being locked behind progression is one if the things I cannot understand. You said that the Abyss Nexus is "much better prize than last year's relic, for almost the same effort". Sure it's a really good reward. For players TB- . For paragons, not to mention valiants it's mostly 275, hopefully 550 7* shards. And these rewards are not behind hard content, so there is a "kind of" progression lock; paragons can drop on the same amount of money as contenders, getting the same rewards, but it's value is not even similar.

I won't even start on the ranked rewards above the top 1% is basically the same as last year's, + the additional 7* shards if there is any. If I end up the same as last year, u will receive the same r2-3 gem as last year, but it's value has become basically irrelevant, compared to last year.

You mentioned not wanting to burn through 7*s in a year. Sure, but I remember when 7*s were introduced many player said it's really soon, having basically just a few r4s and maybe 1 R5 from EOP. And since 7*s are that much stronger than ranked 6*, players quickly dropped ranking 6*s and started focusing on 7*s, apart from the obvious necessities. If we wouldn't have r4-5 gems, people would barely have 6r5 champs. And since new champs are immediately available as 7* from feat paragon crystals, champs like herc or doom or kitty will soon lost their 6r5 values, because they will have replacements.
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,561 ★★★★

I think Alliance milestones 11 & 12 (1/4 Tier 3 Alpha & 1/4 T6 BC) is poor. It should be a full one of each.

And a T6 Class selector (even a 50% one) should have been included in the alliance milestones

That’s my 2c worth