It's that time of year - Banquet and Accolade Events are here!

Comments

• AmbjonyAmbjony Member Posts: 206 ★★
    edited December 2023
    I spent 14,5K in cyber weekend, most of it saved, but I endep buying two starlord's and two peter parkers's bundle. I bought dust and materials to rank 5 few players. After this, I was concerned I wouldn't have enough units for banquet.

Watchin' this event I'm dissapointed but somehow relief, I'm now back at 2k units due to arena and I will spend it with two monthly EQ bundle for revives as I'm planning to try necropolis pretty soon. For me, as an old paragon, this is what I think is more benefitial for me. My alliance said we need to contribute 1250 units (I don't know if they are right) for the event. I'll do that as I have time to recover during this couple of weeks. 300 units are not worth what's inside this crystals, I prefer to buy revives and progress necropolis or save for future needs.

With better rewards in the GBC or the solo milestones, I will most likely have spent the units in the banquet and delay necropolis run. Now, I have an easy choice.
  • Revenge_of_the_NerfsRevenge_of_the_Nerfs Member Posts: 101
    Specifics:

These rewards seem geared toward helping players pull 6* champs and get them no higher than R3.

Thats really stale, considering that many Paragon players are now prioritizing getting 7* champs and taking 7* champs to Rank 2. These rewards are minimally helpful for those goals, and massively dependent on RNG.

More appropriate rewards, without blowing the game economy, would be along the lines of acquiring 7* champs or AT LEAST getting a few 6* champs to R3/R4. So … like … make it realistic to pull 3-4 each of T3B/T6A and a couple of random T6CC. That’s not asking too much IMO. In-game offers to Paragons are focused on those materials already.
  • startropicsstartropics Member Posts: 757 ★★★★
    _ZEUS_ said:

The bottom line is, the MCOC community has a symbiotic relationship with KABAM (side note symbiotic spider man also needs a rebalance)… anyhoo there are things we want -relevant progression materials, and things they want - money. That being said, I challenge everyone in the MCOC community to spend less than one Odin on this event. 3000 units or less would get the attention of KABAM significantly faster than any of the insightful, thoughtful and sometimes sarcastic posts in this thread. Don’t tune in to the Twitch livestream, and Do not spend money- talking to you 🐳’s!

what's the point of this though? their intent seems to be to help grow TBers and early paragons and push veteran paragons to use their units for necropolis instead of the banquet.

if you're mad at the event, it's not meant for you.
  • Tony_5tankTony_5tank Member Posts: 107
    We don’t need 3 t5b drops. That’s silly when people are literally selling them from overflow. My alliance have decided not to participate. Wouldn’t be expecting to be hitting your projected sales for this event. Congrats on nuking the best event of the game
  • AmbjonyAmbjony Member Posts: 206 ★★

_ZEUS_ said:

The bottom line is, the MCOC community has a symbiotic relationship with KABAM (side note symbiotic spider man also needs a rebalance)… anyhoo there are things we want -relevant progression materials, and things they want - money. That being said, I challenge everyone in the MCOC community to spend less than one Odin on this event. 3000 units or less would get the attention of KABAM significantly faster than any of the insightful, thoughtful and sometimes sarcastic posts in this thread. Don’t tune in to the Twitch livestream, and Do not spend money- talking to you 🐳’s!

what's the point of this though? their intent seems to be to help grow TBers and early paragons and push veteran paragons to use their units for necropolis instead of the banquet.

if you're mad at the event, it's not meant for you.
    It's also meant to milk the whales as the top ranked rewards are awesome and descend heavily for average or non-spenders.
  • StantonaStantona Member Posts: 113 ★★
    So many posts so will apologise if this has already been mentioned.
    Miike as for actionable feedback but what does that actually mean and can anything be actually changed???
    How about we just utilise one of Kabams most favourable items within game, the solo objectives?
    Just like they did for previous months for the EQ where Paragons could pick up the additional rewards?
    It could be 4 levels within a solo objective for Paragon and Valiant players. It would require reaching 4 levels of points in the Banquet Solo event, something like this…

50k - 5 x T6B & 5 x T3A
    75k - 3 x T6CC Selectors
    100k - 2 x 7* Crystals
    125k - 1 x Titan Crystal
  • TheBaldAvengerTheBaldAvenger Member Posts: 257 ★★
    The biggest problem you have is that you run this event and everyone is in the same pool so it’s impossible to get a balance between rewards that will be to overpowered for some players and rewards that are extremely underwhelming for end game players. The rewards you propose are really good for anyone Thronebreaker and below. For the 2 higher tiers they are kinda meh. Why not do the event tiered like you do with deals, monthly quest etc with better milestone rewards based on progression. That pretty much solves your problem. For players that have been around since the beginning, this event has a special place in their hearts and a lot of those will be the end game players and whales who have been completely turned off by lower rewards that they can get for free just by logging in for a week during anniversary. If you are spending units, you rightfully expect to get more not less and if you guys can’t see that then I have no more words
  • Toproller89Toproller89 Member Posts: 801 ★★★
    edited December 2023

Specifics:

These rewards seem geared toward helping players pull 6* champs and get them no higher than R3.

Thats really stale, considering that many Paragon players are now prioritizing getting 7* champs and taking 7* champs to Rank 2. These rewards are minimally helpful for those goals, and massively dependent on RNG.

More appropriate rewards, without blowing the game economy, would be along the lines of acquiring 7* champs or AT LEAST getting a few 6* champs to R3/R4. So … like … make it realistic to pull 3-4 each of T3B/T6A and a couple of random T6CC. That’s not asking too much IMO. In-game offers to Paragons are focused on those materials already.

I agree, i think rewards should be geared to help thronebreakers become paragons, why aren't there any rank 4 materials in the calendar?

Make it make sense!
  • Toproller89Toproller89 Member Posts: 801 ★★★
    _ZEUS_ said:

Well said, I'm sure all the whales have read your comment and will act accordingly!
  • WarlockjrWarlockjr Member Posts: 809 ★★★
    As a new tb and rising paragon(i guess) I kinda find this event mid. I mean like I need Some r4 mats because I do not even have my 1st r4 yet!. But other people are focused on 7* now and I am sort of making my way there. So please change the rewards and make this right/reasonable.
  • paras282000paras282000 Member Posts: 12
    can anyone tell me my friends mcoc not showing battleground but he cleared act 5.1 but still battleground is not showing in fight menu
  • DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Member Posts: 322 ★★

Hey guys, I see lots of feedback, and have been thinking about what to respond with. Honestly, I don't know if there is anything to respond with, and I don't think there's anything I can say that will change opinions here.

This event is something people look forward to, and it's something that we strive to deliver on. This year, we made improvements in every way possible, so your direct feedback with actual actionable items would be appreciated to help me understand.

We reduced the number of points available for opening each Greater Gifting Crystal, but also reduced the points needed to hit that same milestone last year. Last year, there was 15 Solo Event milestones, with the top reward being a 5-Star Relic at 100,000 points. Buy and opening 25 crystals got you that Milestone. This year, the 15th Milestone is at 75,600 points and is a 6-Star Abyss Nexus Crystal. To get there, you would need to buy and open 28 GBCs. Yes, that is 3 more than before, but it's also arguably a better reward than the Relic Crystal.

There are also 5 additional Milestones available, and while I get that people are looking at last year's as "I got everything for 25 Crystals", that's not really a fair way to look at this. We extended the runway, added more Milestones for those that want to complete it, and took nothing away from those who don't want to go any further than what they did last time.

The Alliance event also has one additional Milestone, but to hit the 15th Milestone, it requires fewer crystals from across the whole Alliance than it did to hit the 15th (and final) Milestone of last year. We added one more Milestone this year for those that want to go for it. I think people are looking at those rewards tables as 100% vs 100%, not as the number of milestones, which is how they really should be looked at.

Additionally, these Crystals have better rewards than the last year's crystals.

Of course, we can't compare last year's event to this one directly; there's been a lot of changes in the Game, with the addition of 7 Stars, Ascension, and higher ranks, but that doesn't mean that we are going to go crazy with all of those materials. There are a lot of comments on wanting more 7-Star Shards or Rank 3 Materials (we were explicit with where you can expect to get the first available R3 7-Stars), and while I understand where you're coming from, nobody wants to live in a world where we burn through 7-Stars in a year and need to introduce 8-Stars in 2024. There will always be taps that are opened slowly, otherwise we end up burning through content and that's not good for the game.

I appreciate all of your feedback, but if you have something a bit more actionable or precise as to why you're upset, I would love to take that to the team for future consideration. I want to understand, so we can improve for the future.

Good day

Jus my 2 cents on this. I'm very happy with having to buy gifting crystals myself and open them. It's way better than having to find players to trade/exchange with. I'm also not bothered with all the solo and ally milestones and rank rewards.

My only concern is what we are getting from gifting crystals

6* hero shards - 4k, 10k and 15k going along with 6* abyss, 6* nexus and 6* rare champion selector - why do we need so many 6* options?
    6* awakening gem crystal and 6* awakening gem - why not jus leave it to 7 awakening gems with the same odds
    T5B - 3pcs and 2pcs - why not just leave it to 3 pcs and be done..
    T6C - 10%, 20%, 50%, full - why not just 25% and full
    Paragon Gifted Guardians crystal - 2 pcs - this is just likely more iso on top of free iso - just remove this pls

My suggestion is

from the 6* hero shards - jus leave it at 7.5k and 15k - bring 4k 7* base and 1800 titan
    from the t5b one - jus put a 7* launch pool crystal
    from the t6c one - 300k loyalty and 80k incur shards instead

• Optimus_13Optimus_13 Member Posts: 7
    Bro battlegrounds is available to uncollected players that is after completing act5.2
  • DSauce456DSauce456 Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2023

Hot dang it I’m so close I wanted to be TB before this event started
  • WarlockjrWarlockjr Member Posts: 809 ★★★
    DSauce456 said:

Bro you can still do it, I already beat him like last month
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,926 ★★★★★
    DSauce456 said:

Good luck, but I’m not sure it affects the calendar you get. Should give you a better holiday/anniversary gift however.

Dr. Zola
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,906 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

DSauce456 said:

Good luck, but I’m not sure it affects the calendar you get. Should give you a better holiday/anniversary gift however.

Dr. Zola
    Slight improvement

• HenriPBHenriPB Member Posts: 1

Hey guys, I see lots of feedback, and have been thinking about what to respond with. Honestly, I don't know if there is anything to respond with, and I don't think there's anything I can say that will change opinions here.

This event is something people look forward to, and it's something that we strive to deliver on. This year, we made improvements in every way possible, so your direct feedback with actual actionable items would be appreciated to help me understand.

We reduced the number of points available for opening each Greater Gifting Crystal, but also reduced the points needed to hit that same milestone last year. Last year, there was 15 Solo Event milestones, with the top reward being a 5-Star Relic at 100,000 points. Buy and opening 25 crystals got you that Milestone. This year, the 15th Milestone is at 75,600 points and is a 6-Star Abyss Nexus Crystal. To get there, you would need to buy and open 28 GBCs. Yes, that is 3 more than before, but it's also arguably a better reward than the Relic Crystal.

There are also 5 additional Milestones available, and while I get that people are looking at last year's as "I got everything for 25 Crystals", that's not really a fair way to look at this. We extended the runway, added more Milestones for those that want to complete it, and took nothing away from those who don't want to go any further than what they did last time.

The Alliance event also has one additional Milestone, but to hit the 15th Milestone, it requires fewer crystals from across the whole Alliance than it did to hit the 15th (and final) Milestone of last year. We added one more Milestone this year for those that want to go for it. I think people are looking at those rewards tables as 100% vs 100%, not as the number of milestones, which is how they really should be looked at.

Additionally, these Crystals have better rewards than the last year's crystals.

Of course, we can't compare last year's event to this one directly; there's been a lot of changes in the Game, with the addition of 7 Stars, Ascension, and higher ranks, but that doesn't mean that we are going to go crazy with all of those materials. There are a lot of comments on wanting more 7-Star Shards or Rank 3 Materials (we were explicit with where you can expect to get the first available R3 7-Stars), and while I understand where you're coming from, nobody wants to live in a world where we burn through 7-Stars in a year and need to introduce 8-Stars in 2024. There will always be taps that are opened slowly, otherwise we end up burning through content and that's not good for the game.

I appreciate all of your feedback, but if you have something a bit more actionable or precise as to why you're upset, I would love to take that to the team for future consideration. I want to understand, so we can improve for the future.

Era tão simples, bastava não ter lançado o título agora, mas lançaram e tem MUITA gente que quer. Se não tivessem lançado valiant eu tenho certeza que não teria toda essa polêmica, mas o pica pau é burro né?
  • NoirSoiréeNoirSoirée Member Posts: 30
    UncleSaM said:

@Kabam Miike forget about the negative folks in the threads. There’s a lot of constructive stuff in the 16 pages of chat. I think you can save the event by having nice rewards with the unit deals and taking the 5 most often cited suggestions and adding it to the event. The take home for me is the milestones are not juicy enough. Progression based is not ideal IMO. But the login calendar was so awesome we kinda expected milestones to be in sync with the login. Maybe a 6R5 for the final alliance milestone and a 7R2 RU gem for the individual milestone even if you have to raise the spending amount. My personal opinion is that I would rather spend 20,000 units to reach a 6R5 or 7R2 than 7,000 for a generic AG.
    Now me personally i always get about 1.5M points at the end of the event. But I think people will be happier if the milestones are juicier man. You can still fix this @Kabam Miike
    You have the power to do so. I’m an optimist. I think you’ll come through.

Can you provide reasoning for why you think progression based milestones would not be ideal?