TERRIBLE AW META

Comments

• Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,593 ★★★★★
    So holiday wars with a bad meta… i gotta wonder who play tested this
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,593 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023
    Is the potency on the daunted debuffs even tuned correctly the damage into the block is absolutely ludicrous even when you line things up… Based on how tactics have gone this year I highly doubt this is working as intended.
  • Options
    ReDGeNgZReDGeNgZ Posts: 48
    BigBlueOx said:

Is the potency on the daunted debuffs even tuned correctly the damage into the block is absolutely ludicrous even when you line things up… Based on how tactics have gone this year I highly doubt this is working as intended.

It's not working as intended, unless kabam is completely money hungry so we spend units on potions due to block damage. It's not fair Dani Throws an sp2 into my.block when Rooted and I INSTANTLY die from block damage. This is a load a ****
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,373 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

So holiday wars with a bad meta… i gotta wonder who play tested this

Well obviously nobody, as anyone trying it would quickly releasize getting rooted and blown away by hits into your block is most unfun.
  • Options
    In the end, if kabam doesn't fix this meta it's because all they care about it money. So you have to spend units on potions to heal them up. The attack tactic should either turn Rooted off OR make your block proficiency 100%. It's so simple yet they make it where it Power drains them....okay....just take the same attack meta pretty much from power prowess. Laziness is out of control
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 778 ★★★★
    edited December 2023
    megamang said:

Agreed. This AW tactic is cheeks. I'm so disappointed in Kabam right now. No chance they even tested this.

I’m a hair’s breadth away from quitting and joining a BGs focused alliance. This tactic is just so insane that I can’t imagine it’s anything other than a unit/cash grab.
  • Options
    Thecurler said:

The new defensive tactic definitely feels a bit OP.

Needs tuning down a little or the attack tactic made more effective imo.

Agreed. It needs to he changed it benefit the attacker a bit more. Like I said a few comments ago, extended the off-season passed Christmas, Make the attack meta different to actually best the defense meta and it will be fine....but NOPE. KABAM stays greedy
  • Options
    SplinterBGSplinterBG Posts: 13
    And what about the season kick off at december 20th? Who would play war till the new year?? Ridiculous
  • Options
    Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 628 ★★★
    Thecurler said:

The new defensive tactic definitely feels a bit OP.

Needs tuning down a little or the attack tactic made more effective imo.

I agree. Attacker tactic shouldn’t be rooted and can dex specials (I’m still not sure if “can’t evade” means also “can’t dex” because try to dex something like Sauron’s sp2 while rooted)

• Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 467 ★★★
    Tactics are just broken, path1 is unplayable, 500+ units per war.
    I can foresee a lot of alliances will just give up on 150 diversity and choose multiple photon, onslaught, quicksilver, or even Titania, it's going to be a nightmare
  • Options
    It’s the worst Meta, that I have played.
    I Hope that Kabam rollback it
  • Options
    TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Posts: 439 ★★★
    We will just start 3 bgs come season and go for the boss kill with no intent to push for gold1.

We were close to gold 1 last season but this tactic isn't worth the stress. Especially with christmas holidays coming.

One of the worst tactics in AW history.
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,512 ★★★
    @Pikolu I have been searching forums for any traces of Golivarez. I have heard tales of him but never actually read his posts, at least not in real time lol
  • Options
    Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Posts: 142 ★★
    Just sit it out, bros. Unless you’re high plat or master, the rewards aren’t worth the hassle even if the meta is decent.
  • Options
    DrekaknDrekakn Posts: 54
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax can either of you provide any info on this? Is the team aware how little the attack tactic helps against the defense tactic and are there any plans to balance things out?
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 582 ★★★★
    no offense but this meta is awful and needs a rework. it's actually a revision of the tactic from 2019. i remember dominos blasting players with unblockable specials while unlucky back then.
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 467 ★★★
    Thing on regen nodes is a monster, the defense tactic is ridiculous.
    Don't understand why no response after almost a week.
  • Options
    Naz_786Naz_786 Posts: 150
    The block damage from spacial from tactic defenders is insane
  • Options
    MiniMFMiniMF Posts: 847 ★★★★
    so much people crying, there are a lot of good solution, perfect block chance / high block proficiency champs / etc.... Stop crying and try to find good solutions, else just don't play aw this season, it'll help filter the game
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    FunnyDude said:

MiniMF said:

so much people crying, there are a lot of good solution, perfect block chance / high block proficiency champs / etc.... Stop crying and try to find good solutions, else just don't play aw this season, it'll help filter the game

I guess you play low tier war and only use 1 loyalty revive in the war.
    A normal T1/T2 player knows how expensive a war could be with this kind of ridiculous tactic.

Kabam made a lot of mistakes in the lifetime of MCOC, "crying players" or we call "community" helped them to correct things, this is one of the main reasons this game last so long.
    i play t1 war and finished upper master last season even though war rating was involved... full boost + mastery switch. Im not going to complain on aw def tactic.

There are a lot of viable attacker that can do the job, champs specials are easily dexable for most parts, as said there are lot of good options to play around the tactic. just stop crying here and go play to find solutions, try things, discuss with others on line, record fight, share fights, etc....

EDIT : But i do agree it will cost more potions than "normal season" and will involve much more ressource management
  • Options
    ReDGeNgZ said:

MiniMF said:

I really believe you're the only one who thinks the meta isn't in a bad spot. I'm a masters player as well and I haven't seen a tactic this bad in a long time. Onslaught is absolutely broken for this Meta with his Kit. I'm not saying you aren't entitled to your own opinion but this meta WILL ruin alot of people's look on this game if it's not changed
    there are already some solutions for onslaught (kick resume : wwbn solos onslaught boss, also sp1 easily dexable), im not saying i dont find it bad, this season tactic is nasty but all we have to do is try to find what works the best during off season. We gonna see a lot of high deaths amount this season imo but its not by crying over and over again for the past week that they'll change something. IF they want to modify the tactic they'd already do so.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 778 ★★★★
    MiniMF said:

ReDGeNgZ said:

MiniMF said:

I really believe you're the only one who thinks the meta isn't in a bad spot. I'm a masters player as well and I haven't seen a tactic this bad in a long time. Onslaught is absolutely broken for this Meta with his Kit. I'm not saying you aren't entitled to your own opinion but this meta WILL ruin alot of people's look on this game if it's not changed
    there are already some solutions for onslaught (kick resume : wwbn solos onslaught boss, also sp1 easily dexable), im not saying i dont find it bad, this season tactic is nasty but all we have to do is try to find what works the best during off season. We gonna see a lot of high deaths amount this season imo but its not by crying over and over again for the past week that they'll change something. IF they want to modify the tactic they'd already do so.
    Problem is high resource usage not the difficulty.
  • Options

MiniMF said:

ReDGeNgZ said:

MiniMF said:

Problem is high resource usage not the difficulty.
    if its a ressource problem then idk why people complain so much, just buy pots or go play p3. Actually global is bugged and some champs are getting permanently rooted after sps xD