Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Who to bring for Necropolis Silver Centurion and Spiderman Supreme

altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,296 ★★★★
I just finished my first Bottom path (Red Goblin and Elsa paths), with a team of Aegon/Shuri. Shuri didn't really do anything for me since I just ended up Aegon'ing it.

However, for the remaining two paths, I am hoping to not have to use Aegon on the common defenders I had problems with, Silver Centurion and Spiderman Supreme.

Are there any specific champions that would be better able to handle either or both defenders?

If I bring in Human Torch to handle Diablo, does he also 'work' against Spiderman Supreme just from the standpoint of ignoring miss (I know that the node means he is not going to be doing flame damage)?

Comments

• Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,918 ★★★★★
    G2099 is easily the best SC counter if you have her. Honestly not sure about SS
  • Options
    o_oo_o Posts: 834 ★★★★
    You might be overthinking this Spider-Man Supreme thing. Just keep track of his invisibility and try to bait whichever of his specials you find easier to dex. For me that was his sp2.

Using Torch sounds like a terrible idea honestly… just not enough buffs. I used Storm. I’ve seen YouTubers use Gamora. You might be better off sticking with Aegon than using a roster spot just for this one fight
  • Options
    BanannaPandaBanannaPanda Posts: 103
    I’ve heard that the strategy with Aegon is to only hit his block. He’ll gain his buffs, but any blocked crits don’t count to Aegon going unblockable. Similar to Aegon vs Valk
  • Options
    Ngoalong711Ngoalong711 Posts: 304 ★★
    that spidey is pretty fun tbh. you can use anyone in your team. but for aegon, just hit his block . that's where you wanna spend team revives too. contribute for the road to crypt
  • Options
    CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★
    o_o said:

Using Torch sounds like a terrible idea honestly… just not enough buffs. I used Storm. I’ve seen YouTubers use Gamora. You might be better off sticking with Aegon than using a roster spot just for this one fight

@altavista
    I found Torch to be amazing for Diablo, Stryfe and Spiderman Supreme

Although Torch isn't doing damage from incinerates or nova, I found safety in knowing I wasn't likely to miss and take a combo. Torch will pickup some placebos and dex precisions. It will be a slower fight, but honestly felt better than Aegon.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,220 ★★★★★
    For Spidey, use Aegon and hit into his block. It will still trigger his duties or whatever buff he gets, and Spidey will stay solid and not miss.

The best counter I found for Spidey was Sinister. Parry, then hold heavy. He gains two buffs, spaced out enough timewise to deal damage on each. It was slow, but I was able to get ~40% off each run. It was just long and slow (max boosted for health reasons and r5 ascended though).
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 709 ★★★
    Corkscrew said:

o_o said:

@altavista
    I found Torch to be amazing for Diablo, Stryfe and Spiderman Supreme

Although Torch isn't doing damage from incinerates or nova, I found safety in knowing I wasn't likely to miss and take a combo. Torch will pickup some placebos and dex precisions. It will be a slower fight, but honestly felt better than Aegon.
    Hi based on your experience,

Between Diablo and Stryfe, who would be best to use the Prefight Nova Flame on?

Kmow my skill it won't go very far lol, but still thought to get some advice and try to make the most of it.
  • Options
    Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 402 ★★★
    I used doom for silver centurion, he worked pretty well, especially if you can get the treasure cross fight for it. You really shouldn't need anyone in particular for spidey supreme, even your synergy champs can do good damage since it's all doing a percentage of his max health
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,296 ★★★★
    Fryday said:

Hi based on your experience,

Between Diablo and Stryfe, who would be best to use the Prefight Nova Flame on?

Kmow my skill it won't go very far lol, but still thought to get some advice and try to make the most of it.

I didn't end up using Human Torch (I instead brought in Shuri), but in my opinion, it ultimately doesn't matter.

Human Torch is unlikely to solo either champion, except maybe Diablo but only if you are particularly skilled against Diablo. That means the majority of time, you will revive and not have the Prefight. So whether you choose to have Nova Flame damage for 1 encounter against Diablo or Stryfe, in the end it is just 1 encounter of several.

Having said that, if your Human Torch is duped, then I would recommend using Prefight on Diablo right away, because each time you revive and enter the fight, you have a chance to regain it again. So with the number of times you will revive on Diablo, and then revive on Stryfe, you'll likely get another chance to use the Prefight.

• Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    Aegon