Options

It's that time of year - Banquet and Accolade Events are here!

Comments

• Options

Warlockjr said:

Hajun said:

is the event live yet

Bro it comes out in 8 days
    I made the same elementary mistake, did not know how to read. :(
    Dang really?
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

Warlockjr said:

Who care about the event anyway?

Buddy this is the biggest event of the year
    Why they give crappy rewards then?
    My honest guess? To strongarm people to play necropolis.

I saved a ton of resources because there’s nothing to do on this game. I probably used 70-80 revives and cruised through a path. I used heals I already had and about 150 of my 1000 4-hour crystals.

I burned 21000 units at cyber weekend and use a chunk of resources on r5 ascended aegon. What makes more sense? Spending 3000 units on this or supplementing necropolis runs over time?

One subtle way to manipulate the returns here - changing the drop rates within similar categories. For example, when there’s a 10% chance of 6-star shards, how does that break down between 4000, 10000 and 15000 or whatever? Those are drop rates they aren’t required to give us, btw. The big numbers could barely be there at all, and they wouldn’t have to tell us.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,109 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Jefechuta said:

7 days of feedback…

0 action from Kabam…

I hope they say something before the event starts, feels bad to be ghosted
    With what they said on AW, i don't think anything we want to hear will be said. Being ghosted might be less hurtful
    We need to set our own (low) expectations. Asking for feedback for future considerations does not mean we’ll hear anything for this current event. Especially when they think they’ve improved it in every way versus last year.
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 810 ★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Warlockjr said:

Who care about the event anyway?

Buddy this is the biggest event of the year
    Why they give crappy rewards then?
    My honest guess? To strongarm people to play necropolis.

I saved a ton of resources because there’s nothing to do on this game. I probably used 70-80 revives and cruised through a path. I used heals I already had and about 150 of my 1000 4-hour crystals.

I burned 21000 units at cyber weekend and use a chunk of resources on r5 ascended aegon. What makes more sense? Spending 3000 units on this or supplementing necropolis runs over time?

One subtle way to manipulate the returns here - changing the drop rates within similar categories. For example, when there’s a 10% chance of 6-star shards, how does that break down between 4000, 10000 and 15000 or whatever? Those are drop rates they aren’t required to give us, btw. The big numbers could barely be there at all, and they wouldn’t have to tell us.
    Another possibility for crappy rewards is to devalue units in the game. Nerf revive farming, tell everyone to use units for revives and then start making unit purchases less and less meaningful. The only gains will be made by large cash purchases. Guppies and arena grinders who store units to advance during certain events are thrown into the general free to play tier…with just more of a revive inventory.
  • Options
    WarlockjrWarlockjr Posts: 780 ★★★
    I feel like tb and above should get 7* shards but paragons and valiants get 7* shards and titan shards
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Warlockjr said:

I feel like tb and above should get 7* shards but paragons and valiants get 7* shards and titan shards

After adding a 7-star crossbones to my 6r5 crossbones, I’ll gladly give away my Titan shards for regulars 😭
  • Options
    MalchaeisMalchaeis Posts: 175 ★★
    Maybe this question has been answered somewhere else already. The deathless guillotine piece in the solo rewards is that just a 6* piece? Seems to easy for a 7* piece if everybody has access to it. If so where would the 7* piece be?
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

Warlockjr said:

After adding a 7-star crossbones to my 6r5 crossbones, I’ll gladly give away my Titan shards for regulars 😭
    Bro thats just unlucky
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,109 ★★★★★
    Malchaeis said:

Maybe this question has been answered somewhere else already. The deathless guillotine piece in the solo rewards is that just a 6* piece? Seems to easy for a 7* piece if everybody has access to it. If so where would the 7* piece be?

It’s the 7* piece.
  • Options
    ChrisBosioChrisBosio Posts: 51
    The in game mail indicated you just need to be conqueror to participate in the Banquet event. Does this mean that the level 40 requirement is no longer in play? Or was this a miss?
  • Options
    NosrepNosrep Posts: 85
    You need to be level 40 and Conqueror
  • Options

The in game mail indicated you just need to be conqueror to participate in the Banquet event. Does this mean that the level 40 requirement is no longer in play? Or was this a miss?

You have to be level 40,sadly
  • Options
    KontestmanKontestman Posts: 270 ★★
    Did someone just get banned on this post
  • Options
    KontestmanKontestman Posts: 270 ★★
    It said someone put a comment on here now they’re gone did I just witness a ban hammer
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 671 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

I mean maybe bg will save this aspect of the game, in bg you don't need to worry about most of the consumables like revives, potions, even energy refils are not usually a problem, but i agree with you about this part of ''if they don't do this eventually, inflation will win'' and i have a question, do you think raids will also contribute with the long term form of content? Cause it's not meant to be an event like necropolis where you do 100% and never do it again, it's something that will help with players that got bored with AQ, and based on raids then kabam can come up with an event that will help with the inflation issue (if necessary)

I think Raids make the game wider, and BG makes the game taller.

AQ Raids give us more to do, they might be more or less interesting, but ultimately they are just content, like any other content, when it comes to grand scale things like game inflation and game balance. Raids help game diversity at the top, but they don't ultimately change the nature of what the top looks like.

BG is different, because BG is PvP. And the reason why so many games either add PvP to the end game or straight up define the end game to be PvP is because PvP has a self-balancing game inflation aspect that no other kind of content has, or even can have. BG is self balancing. If we get stronger, our opponents also get stronger because we are the opponents. We can't "outlevel" Battlegrounds. We can't outgrow Battlegrounds. And to the extent that we can get bored with Battlegrounds, the complexity of the matches is not constructed solely by the developers, but also by the players in deck construction. In effect, AQ raids has a couple guys designing it. BG has a couple hundred thousand guys designing it. That's a bit of an oversimplification, but the players can spend all of eternity bashing each other over the head in infinitely different ways that game content can never replace.

BG is too small to be a whole end game unto itself, but I think BG can be a part of the end game in a way that will be harder for AQ Raids to sustain, at least as currently designed. However, there is a lot of room for evolution with AQ raids, and as long as they keep players interest, that could be helpful in sustaining the interest of end game players, whether it is technically part of the end game or not. AQ Raids could evolve into a large part of the end game of MCOC down the road, although that has ramifications for the future of the game (since AQ Raids require very specific alliance structures to pull off, which not all players live in or even want to live in).
    Understood, thanks for the clarification and yeah, let's hope AQ raids evolve into something larger or at least open the door for kabam to come up with a similar event that will give more options to the playerbase (just in case people don't enjoy AQ raids)
  • Options
    We got 6 days till banquet and Kabam could change the rewards before its not to late
  • Options

It said someone put a comment on here now they’re gone did I just witness a ban hammer

comments can get deleted by people sometimes
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,130 ★★★★★

Guardians are able to flag comments and take them down iirc
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,470 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Guardians are able to flag comments and take them down iirc
    You know what they say in my prison block?
    "Snitches get stitches."