**WE ARE NO LONGER Temporarily Reverting Tier 1 War Ban System**

After further discussion, the game team has made the decision not make adjustements to the ban system.
The previously proposed fix would have resolved the issue for Summoners who are on the cusp of T1/T2 play, and negatively impacted Alliances more securely in T1. Instead, we recommend that cusp Alliances switch to Manual Placement to your members to place the allotted 5 Ban Champions limit there.

Apologies for the back and forth, and for any confusion.
Options

We have surpassed 5,000,000 Necropolis deaths, but what next !?!

Comments

• Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,178 ★★★★★
    Gamer said:

Graves_3 said:

I am down with the maestro specific 7 star awakening gem as final milestone as someone suggested earlier.

That’s be a slap for anyone who won’t go for the 100 any time soon. Thought 300 t2 dust would be a lot better
    I could die a million times in necropolis if they actually offer 300 t2 dust
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,944 ★★★★★
    ProjecteX said:

Maratox said:

ProjecteX said:

As confirmed by Jax on last nights stream we are at around 5,500,000 deaths in the necropolis. So what happens now, will there be a new milestone, will we receive the rewards shortly ? Or will it simply be the rewards on the 15th of January when the cut off for completion is ?

it’ll just be the rewards given after the 15th. They can’t give them out early because people still have a month to complete a path, and they have to continue vetting cheaters. They could possibly add another milestone but I don’t imagine they will.
    Yeah, good point. But I swear he said the other day something like “we’ll have to look into what we can do there”. So you never know. Here’s to hoping for a 7* rank 2-3 Crystal :smile:
    Bro tell me you did not write that all with straight face. 😭
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,696 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023
    It depends on how much the team wants to reward one-timers balanced against anything that cheapens the efforts of players who explored Necro.

At the current stage of 7* progression, what’s out of the question? Certainly, a 2-3 gem should be off limits, as well as anything that pushes players to R3. Maestro specific stuff should also be a no fly zone.

But what about a 7* awakening crystal? Lots of awakened 7*’s already and many of the available ones don’t technically need it to be useful. What about more 7* shards or even Titan shards? A class 7*? My personal favorite—a 1* AG? A rare champ selector? 6* relic selector?

Another thought: what about making prizes conditional on the amount of Necro runs a player completes? Staggering additional milestones based on progress in Necro seems problematic for the same reason early rewards are—namely, folks who might be planning run #2,3,4 or 5 would be at a disadvantage with late notice.

It’s an interesting thought experiment. Should be good forums fodder for the rest of the year.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    _Pez__Pez_ Posts: 226 ★★★
    Even if it is separate to this, would be good to know what the plan is for awakening maestro (+deathless champs) is it just going to be the only way to awaken these through the eventual release of awakening gems. Would be nice to have another way of doing it
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,329 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

At the current stage of 7* progression, what’s out of the question? Certainly, a 2-3 gem should be off limits, as well as anything that pushes players to R3. Maestro specific stuff should also be a no fly zone.

How about ..... a 5-star Maestro Relic?
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

It depends on how much the team wants to reward one-timers balanced against anything that cheapens the efforts of players who explored Necro.

But what about a 7* awakening crystal? Lots of awakened 7*’s already and many of the available ones don’t technically need it to be useful. What about more 7* shards or even Titan shards? A class 7*? My personal favorite—a 1* AG? A rare champ selector? 6* relic selector?

Another thought: what about making prizes conditional on the amount of Necro runs a player completes? Staggering additional milestones based on progress in Necro seems problematic for the same reason early rewards are—namely, folks who might be planning run #2,3,4 or 5 would be at a disadvantage with late notice.

It’s an interesting thought experiment. Should be good forums fodder for the rest of the year.

Dr. Zola

1* awakening gem would be funny. Sitting in our inventory as 1*s can't be awakened
  • Options
    Sarah245Sarah245 Posts: 118 ★★
    Next milestone reward - OG deadpool 6*.
  • Options
    FrnkieloFrnkielo Posts: 311 ★★
    More milestones for sure are coming
    Gifted guardian crystal and the. Titan crystal as final reward would be nice
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,473 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Well Jax said they'll have something to say on stream tomorrow about stretch goals so I guess we will find out
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,351 ★★★★★
    Gamer said:

Graves_3 said:

I am down with the maestro specific 7 star awakening gem as final milestone as someone suggested earlier.

That’s be a slap for anyone who won’t go for the 100 any time soon. Thought 300 t2 dust would be a lot better
    lol..why a slap? It’s ok if you don’t like it but I don’t know what makes it a slap?
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,359 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Gamer said:

Graves_3 said:

lol..why a slap? It’s ok if you don’t like it but I don’t know what makes it a slap?
    well it be a useless thing for a lot of people who’s never going to clere it 100 procent so it be a useless thing for a lot of people to getting where 300 dust wouldn’t be useless for a lot

• Options
    @captain_rogers @ahmynuts @SandeepS it’s all about throwing out ideas at this point. Can’t hurt and it’s fun to speculate.

What I do know is that Miike read this thread because he felt compelled to comment on not paying out Necro death prizes early.

So keep it coming.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    AxewAxew Posts: 620 ★★★★
    I could see 6 million deaths being a class 7* crystal and 7.5 million being some titan shards (~5k).

But doubt we will see 7* awakening gems until 8.4 (maybe in completion offer or for exploration)
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,835 ★★★★
    Well selfishly I need 2500 more Titans for my next opening so I’d vote for some of those. That said, I think the 6* relic nexus mentioned earlier was a great idea also.
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 836 ★★★
    edited December 2023
    Honestly I get why people don't like the idea of a maestro specific awakening buuuuut I see why they'd do it because it'd encourage people to try for 100% thus resulting in WAY more deaths. I'm halfway through. And I expect to contribute a fair amount on the last 3 paths
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,780 ★★★★★
    I don't expect them to give us a fully formed Titan crystal but 10k Titan shards would be nice. Jax pretty much confirmed they're discussing the possibility of adding something else so fingers crossed.
  • Options
    mbrace said:

I wonder if the max milestone would have been hit anyway if the extra rewards had not been offered. I hope that this incentive was the reason for it, and I hope that Kabam will offer these incentives again in the future. It made the effort a lot more fun.

My suspicion is eventually yes (as in, probably before January 15), but the Road to the Crypt caused us to hit it much, much faster than we would have otherwise.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

it’s all about throwing out ideas at this point. Can’t hurt and it’s fun to speculate.

Sure, but if Russians don't take a dump without a plan, and senior captains don't start anything without having thought them through, then game economy designers are the ones telling both of them to hold their beer.

Which is to say, it is highly probable that for an event like this, the reward designers had a continency plan for what to do if we blew the doors off of the milestones long before it was over to keep the excitement up, right from day one.

I personally have no idea what that contingency is, so I'm free to speculate. If I had to guess, I would guess that given the current death trajectory they would probably put in another milestone at 7.5 million and another one at 10 million. They aren't going to want to keep adding in one million intervals because the chances are too high we'd blast through too many over the next month. If we extrapolate our current Necropolis rates, which is not unreasonable at this stage, we're on pace to get close to 12 million by January 15th. 10 million is well within reach.

What would I put in those two slots? I would probably put Titan shards at 7.5 million, say, 5000, and a 7* Nexus crystal at 10 million. Both of those are relatively sexy rewards that are consistent with the kinds of stuff in the current milestones and would be interesting to get without being overly balance-significant.
    You have more faith in the designers than I do. But I like the ideas contained in paragraph 3 of 4.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 544 ★★★
    I don't think there will be other steps even if I would have added titanic shards but I find the rewards really very good.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,473 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey gang,

Remember how we talk about managing our own expectations, and how failure to do so almost always, inevitably leads to disappointment?

Just a friendly reminder to keep that in consideration as you chat about the Road to the Crypt, prior to us announcing what's actually coming next.

The rewards are already so good i cant see any potential stretch rewards being better than anything already up for grabs. I'd expect them to drop below the value of the others. At least the top couple
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,412 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey gang,

Remember how we talk about managing our own expectations, and how failure to do so almost always, inevitably leads to disappointment?

Just a friendly reminder to keep that in consideration as you chat about the Road to the Crypt, prior to us announcing what's actually coming next.

While some of us understand where you come from, I hope you guys understand you also set expectations both directly and indirectly. Instead of simply saying “There’s more info tomorrow!” which leaves it to ambiguity, you could have also teased “… 5 million deaths may not be the only milestone” or something like that.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,154 ★★★★

Well selfishly I need 2500 more Titans for my next opening so I’d vote for some of those. That said, I think the 6* relic nexus mentioned earlier was a great idea also.

Are you Valiant already? You'll get your 2500 Titan shards tomorrow night :smiley: