**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Champion Hockey Teams

Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,035 ★★★★★
For those that watched the stream today, you caught Jax and Miike's answers to @Cat_Murdock asking "If you could make a hockey team out of MCOC champions, who would you pick and why?" Also, being kept to five member teams, because obviously both teams have already taken a penalty.

This question rules and I think we should keep it going. My picks are:
Goalie: Sandman - the ability to just disintegrate and become a solid wall in front of the goal? Just silly.
Defense: Taskmaster and Ebony Maw - Taskmaster can mimic all the greats and his opponents, it just makes sense that he'd be a killer player. Ebony Maw is telekinetic. Feels like it might be cheating, but I don't see a rule in the book that says a dog can't play basketball the players can't be magic.
Forwards: Rhino and Iceman - Rhino clears a path, Iceman's the nimble skater. I'm thinking Pat Maroon and Brayden Point.

What do y'all think? Who are you putting on your team?

Comments

• Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,462 ★★★
    Sersi to turn it to metal and electro to fry anyone who tries to touch it lol
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 831 ★★★★
    Quicksilver would be Mcjesus
  • Options
    o_oo_o Posts: 834 ★★★★
    Loved that question and the discussion that followed 😁

OP’s team looks solid. I’m not going to put together a full team here but I’ll mention Nightcrawler as a great forward option… and I also think Elektra’s 85% defensive AA reduction on opponents with debuffs (even non-damaging ones) would make her a solid option as a grinder on the third or fourth line
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    Juggernaut would Milan Lucic his way through Ryan Miller into the net.
  • Options
    Shock29Shock29 Posts: 543 ★★★
    I know nothing about hockey but the question is a fun one.

Goalie: Spot - He'd be able to make portals to defend the goal and send it back at the other team
    Defense: Warlock and Iceman - The best skater on the ice combined with a robot who can change its shape to block a variety of shots
    Forward: Mantis and Yondu - Mantis puts everyone to sleep on the ice while Yondu uses his hockey stick and centurion arrow to move the puck and score even when its nowhere near him.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Dukenpuke said:

Juggernaut would Milan Lucic his way through Ryan Miller into the net.

This has real 2011 vibes :D
  • Options
    BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★

I worry he’d be more like mid 2000’s Corey Perry, fly down the ice, lose an edge, and board himself without scoring
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,035 ★★★★★

I worry he’d be more like mid 2000’s Corey Perry, fly down the ice, lose an edge, and board himself without scoring
    That's exactly what I was thinking, all speed, no control. He'll be more like a pinball flung onto the ice than an actual player.
  • Options
    TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Posts: 436 ★★★
    Goalie: Thing (brick wall in net)

Def: Antman & Maestro (glancing attacks af)

Left wing: Valkyrie (crushing the opp D even when they are blocking)

Right wing (bench): Invisible Woman (is she really in the penalty box?🤔)

Center: Unstoppable Colossus (because he "truly" is unstoppable I guess) 😭
  • Options
    TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Posts: 436 ★★★
    Nice and friendly thread btw 🤗
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    edited December 2023
    Center: Iceman. As arguably the best skater, you want a reliable center who can be support for anything that goes wrong.

Right wing: Quicksilver. Speed kills, self explanatory.

Left wing: Kitty pryde. Her phasing would be incredibly helpful to be open for passes and to get passes through to others (like QS.)

Right Defense: Mojo. If I came down the ice and saw that face I’d run for the hills.

Left defense: Mysterio. Trying to cross the blue line? Yeah right, bro was already charging his heavy.

Goalie: Sasquatch. Pretty sure if he sits down he’d cover the entire net.

Coach: Nick fury. Master strategist, hella synergies.
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 310 ★★★
    Yeah, I was thinking you have to have at least 1 Canadian on the team so:

Guardian - C
    Iceman - LW
    QS - RW
    Taskmaster and Silver Surfer as your Defensemen
    Mordo - Goalie (operates best when his back is against a wall...errr, net)

Could just put some big guys in there, but we all saw what MJ and the toons did to the Monstars. Different game, but probably would yield similar results.
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    Gotta add Bob and Doug McKenzie to the contest as ringers.
  • Options
    11993451199345 Posts: 372 ★★★
    edited December 2023
    Goalie: Mr. Fantastic
    Left Defense: Thing
    Right Defense: Korg

Left Wing: Rhino
    Center: Herc
    Right Wing: Juggernaut

Have fun!!
  • Options
    champs i would definitely not want on my team:

- Modok: he's like the t-rex of mcoc... how's this guy gonna hold a hockey stick

- Weapon X: his bio says "he was driven into an insane berserk rage"... even for hockey that's a bit much

- Howard the Duck: he's fine, i just don't want to have to hear the noises he's gonna make when he gets hit

- Deadpool and the other pools... those goofballs don't take anything seriously

- Gladiator: waiting to see if he gets buffed
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,411 ★★★★★
    Goalie-Spot
    Defense- Onslaught Mysterio
    RW-Rhino
    LW Kitty
    Center-Iceman
  • Options
    TherunekingTheruneking Posts: 198 ★★
    edited December 2023
    My team-

1.Prof x-

controls everyones mind and wins the match single-handedly.

2.Substitutes-

Rest members of my team will be those who are psychic shielded like mr sinister, juggernaut, Magneto Mysterio.

3.To deal with humans-

And if the people from game stadium protests , saying this is not fair. Well we have magneto to shift that entire stadium in different latitudes and longitudes. ;)