**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What was the thought behind this design? (EQ 3.2)

KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
I am genuinely curious what was the thought behind putting 2 Aboms on 3.2 EQ, that targets cosmic champs. On 2/5 paths? There are literally 10 poison immune cosmics, look:

3x Ms. Marvel (pretty irrelevant, plus the node needs more unique buffs)
Black Bolt (could work, but only w synergies, I think there aren't many players w high rank BB)
Ronan (nice, but he has almost no buffs, so the node won't work again)
Maestro (valid, but pretty rarely owned imho)

Now this leaves us with pretty much 4 options:
Hulkling (imo the best counter of the 4)
Hyperion (also great champ, although needs patient playstyle bcs of falter)
Medusa (same story as Hype, but I dare say she is a rarely used champ these days, because she is outshined by many other cosmics)
CMM (also very little amount of unique buffs and fairly unpopular rankup option these days)

Look, I don't wanna sound like a whiny entitled idiot, so I will ask straight away: if I don't have Hulkling, whom the hell do I use?? Am I blind? Whom did you use? Is there some counter I have overlooked? This feels pretty hopeless to me. In theory KG could work, but it'd be a horrible fight imo. Having looked at my options and the filters leaves me in a state of confusion.

Comments

• Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,813 ★★★★★
    I used Vox and Hulkling
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,950 ★★★★★
    Or you could just use buff heavy tech robots (like omega sentinel or nimrod
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Blaker78 said:

you could bring odin and put prefights on one of the none buff heavy cosmics that are poison immune.

Used this method.

Also Angela works because she reduces debuff duration, gets buffs.
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,168 ★★★★
    Angela with Odin prefight can clear the all paths by herself or like eveyrone else says, use odin prefights on any poison immune champ.
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,168 ★★★★
    XFREEDOMX said:

Wait, we are still reading nodes in EQ?

Reading is optional for most summoners in this game.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,536 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023
    Only annoying path had Havok and Korg. I brought FAM.
  • Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★

Don’t forget Angela for havok
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    Hyperion.

I used warlock.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,536 ★★★★★
    Lpoo said:

Yeah there are a couple. Korg was tougher. FAM got it done but it was slooow.
  • Options
    Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Posts: 308 ★★★
    Kerneas said:

I am genuinely curious what was the thought behind putting 2 Aboms on 3.2 EQ, that targets cosmic champs. On 2/5 paths? There are literally 10 poison immune cosmics, look:

Black Bolt (could work, but only w synergies, I think there aren't many players w high rank BB)

Medusa (same story as Hype, but I dare say she is a rarely used champ these days, because she is outshined by many other cosmics)
    CMM (also very little amount of unique buffs and fairly unpopular rankup option these days)

Look, I don't wanna sound like a whiny entitled idiot, so I will ask straight away: if I don't have Hulkling, whom the hell do I use?? Am I blind? Whom did you use? Is there some counter I have overlooked? This feels pretty hopeless to me. In theory KG could work, but it'd be a horrible fight imo. Having looked at my options and the filters leaves me in a state of confusion.

FWIW, you aren't locked in to using the class that benefits the EQ.
  • Options
    Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Posts: 308 ★★★
    XFREEDOMX said:

Wait, we are still reading nodes in EQ?

I usually just read to see what class gets the bonuses, but that's about it. Sure it's not needed, but in TB EQ, why not take advantage of any bonus damage that's being offered?
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Lpoo said:

Nimrod took care for me for both Havok and OG Abomination.
    As for Ibom, it’s the usual AA 🧀.
    Anyway Hercules can do all fights if needed 😉
  • Options
    Captain_SpasmCaptain_Spasm Posts: 89 ★★
    Hercules. The fights don’t last long enough for poison to do anything.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    Thanks everyone for your inputs, 5r5 Angela worked very well for me, took care of both Aboms and Havok
  • Options
    Kerneas said:

I hate to be that guy but thronebreaker eq was designed to test your roster. If you don’t have the champs (or skill in some cases) for it… it’s not for ya.

In your case I’d just take good looks at your roster and determine who could beat a node even if it’s not who you think they meant for it.
  • Options
    YiashiYiashi Posts: 7
    I used hercules for literally any single fight in this hole EQ 🤣
  • Options
    Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Posts: 112 ★★
    Nothing says you have to use a cosmic. Just bring hulk or something.