**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Venom The Duck, does he deserve a rework or he is fine the way he is?

HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
now that he is a 7 star and people got to try him out(those who got him, is his damage good?)

Venom The Duck, does he deserve a rework or he is fine the way he is? 155 votes

deserves a rework(damage buff/change his playstyle in a way)
81%
Vegeta9001MagrailothosSungjMqc19BlackSaChiCropDusterMhd20034ThatGuyYouSaw235EB54Rbk19RasiloverrockykostonCyborgNinja135TerohomiKerneasXoxo18MaxtheSilentSoSA__RemakewvonkGrootman1294 126 votes
fine the way he is
18%
MasterSmokebhuv9191Spity68Vergeman78ShadowstrikeDarth_StewieCassykikiFurieuxDeaconJollyHawkLegionnaireMarcury79Yodabolt21JefechutaDraconic_12CyrillFromTulaMrSakuragiSchnoodleHidr8__Darkraw346 29 votes

Comments

• Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    edited May 2023
    Yup since he is in 7* pool. I haven't seen anyone feeling happy pulling him. And i don't want to get him as 7*. He just needs a bit of tune up to be OP
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,675 Guardian
    I wouldn't say he should get a rework since he has a pretty decent kit already, but my man's does need a tune up. Would be cool if his meter thing worked like venompool where it goes up with hits and not just passive overtime plus a few other things to make his rampup faster would be nice.
  • Options
    MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    He should counter spider verse evades and have a way to build buffs more quickly. Lastly it’d be great if he was power burn immune or maybe resistant to the potency of power burn scaling with his number of buffs.
  • Options
    HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    edited May 2023
    Please anyone from @Kabam, if we want to get a rework for Venom The Duck how much votes should this post get to on the choice "deserves a rework" ?
  • Options
    CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    Personally, I’d like to see his ramp up made quicker in some way, as well as potentially giving him a way to access his buffs outside of beginning a fight and launching the sp3.

I also think it may be nice to reduce the amount of RNG in building his buffs. Maybe this could be done with a pre fight, where you select either offensive or defensive buffs and those buffs have an increased chance to proc.
  • Options
    AxewAxew Posts: 622 ★★★★
    Pretty sure they announced he was getting a tune up during the may livestream. IMO he needs more than a tune up though, he could use more utility and quicker buildup. His kit feels very basic atm.
  • Options
    GlazzyBearGlazzyBear Posts: 134 ★★
    He is an almost 5 year old champion with very little utility and a weird playstyle of building and storing buffs throughout the quest. Yes, I do think he could use a change to his kit to have a wider variety of buffs and numbers increases all around
  • Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    There are champs like Hercules and Aegon whom you know how to ramp them up and those like Venom The Duck whom you dont, you need to do so many things to ramp him up and beside of that also need a good RNG.

His kits are terrible and needs rework to make him relevant.
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,325 ★★★★★
    He feels like the worst champ to have in the 7*pool. I got him as my 2nd 7 star and he is useless, can't even fully rampup in a fight so u need to play stressfully with poor damage across 3-4 fights only to get some mediocre damage level increase in rest of the fights. Buff him pls
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    The way he is isn't too bad,it's just that even when ramping there is still way better champs out there.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,375 ★★★★★
    Axew said:

Pretty sure they announced he was getting a tune up during the may livestream. IMO he needs more than a tune up though, he could use more utility and quicker buildup. His kit feels very basic atm.

They absolutely did say this during the livestream when they were discussing the 7* pool.

So hopefully it'll be on the horizon.
  • Options
    JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 789 ★★★
    Poll: every time you see a post about VTD needing a tune up, what is your first thought?
  • Options
    BlackSaChiBlackSaChi Posts: 298
    I hope the 17 Votes till now who said "it's fine the way it is" doesn't have the Duck that's why they said it. Else for me every champ in few months needs a rework as per the game and progression. Specially new Champs come directly as buffed and old one become obsolete. Yes game maker can decide which one to actually rework. But why should I say no at all :smiley:
  • Options
    Ok so I did necropolis and pulled double VTD from my class base crystals, had him already so he was one of the few cosmics in my roster, being sig 40 I felt like kabam jesus was saying rank him for the valiant title so I did, now I have a 7 star rank 3 VTD and I gotta say though I am pleasently surprised by the potential, the guy needs a rework, please please rework venom the duck he could be awesome with a little tune up…
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,966 ★★★★★
    I have him as a 7*
    Make his bleed 100% chance on crit attacks
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,327 ★★★★★
    fine the way he is
    I regularly use him on map-8, no trouble, just play patient for first fight and then rest of fights is steamroll. He has 10 buff limit

First fight try to get 1 regen, 1 crit, 1 power gain. 3 buffs
    Second fight, use heavy or sp-1 to copy and double them. 6 buffs.
    Third fight, either again copy them or try to get fury buff. 9buff
    Fourth fight, 10 buffs, fully ramped up, giga heals, giga crit, giga power gain, so now just spam sp-3 thanks to power gain abuse.

Using sp-2 imo is very waste of time and should be only used in specific situations.
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Borderline useless
  • Options
    Potatoslice500Potatoslice500 Posts: 224
    He sucks