Options

Red Skull doing power drain damage to champs that are immune to power drain

DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
Before I reported this as a bug, I just wanted to check to see if I was missing something. Ever since his buff, I've noticed that champs that are supposed to be immune to power drain (e.g. Galan, Venom) are taking damage from hitting into Red Skull's block. If that's an intended functionality from his re-work, then ok, but I don't see anything in his kit that should allow that.

Comments

• Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Pretty sure this happened before the buff as well. This another one of Kabam’s technicalities, apparently it’s not exactly a power burn, the power drain and damage effects are separate for whatever reason, and that, again, for whatever reason, bypasses immunities to power control.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    1) This happened even before the buff
    2) There is no "Power Drain Damage". There is Power Burn which 'burns' you power and deals proportional damage.
    3) Red Skull does two things when you hit his block. He drains your power AND deals damage.

Galan and Venom are immune to the power drain but they can still be dealt damage

• Options

It's not power burn. It's power drain AND direct damage. So you don't get power drained because you're immune but you still take direct damage.

Was it that way before his re-work? I never noticed it before.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,380 ★★★★★

There is no "technicalities" when it was intended like that. Have always been the same.
  • Options
    Interesting. Thanks for the info. Glad I checked first.
  • Options
    DarthMysticDarthMystic Posts: 58
    Dukenpuke said:

It's not power burn. It's power drain AND direct damage. So you don't get power drained because you're immune but you still take direct damage.

Was it that way before his re-work? I never noticed it before.
    Yeah. It's just noticeable now because he was on a cosmic path in a monthly eq and the old way of fighting him baiting sp1 and punishing doesn't work as well anymore.