Removing units in Arena

Comments

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,091 ★★★★★
    Where would you move the units to?
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,211 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023
    EdisonLaw said:

Where would you move the units to?

In the hypothetical that Crashed was vaguely talking in it would be cav and tb eq. He was saying how he thinks of it as they have a budget of free units to give out to the players and since so many units are available through milestones in the arena, there is no budget left to give out free units in the monthly eq. So if they wanted to do that they'd have to move the units from somewhere.

That's how i interpreted it at least
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,091 ★★★★★
    I still normally grind Arena for units
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Member Posts: 2,653 ★★★★★
    I still genuinely cannot understand why players enjoy arenas as a gaming experience (I understand liking the rewards, but there are plenty of other areas that have good gameplay + good rewards).
  • laserjohn26laserjohn26 Member Posts: 1,531 ★★★★★
    Removing units from arena would be a bad idea. I think you would lose a lot of players by doing it.
  • StarhawkStarhawk Member Posts: 631 ★★★
    I don't mind it as long as they don't take the early units out. I pretty much only do arenas for the units in the first few milestones because it doesn't take long. Sometimes I do more but when I do it's not for the units but to get a 3* or 4* version of a champ I want.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,969 ★★★★★
    I could live with units from arena being reallocated elsewhere if the same relative effort was required.

• ErrangErrang Member Posts: 76
    Maybe move the units from the basic arena elsewhere and leave the other two arenas unchanged.
  • NoirSoiréeNoirSoirée Member Posts: 30

spreading it around will likely take control away from players and if they sneak them into tougher-to-reach areas of the game, it will end up costing you more to get them.

if they're added to EQ, you might not have the refills or the time to be able to get them (are you going to 100% all difficulties?), if they're added to BGs, you will have to play BGs...

don't ask for this lol. keep them in arena cause you know where to get them and they're not limited by time and other resources as much as other game modes.

I would disagree with the "limited by time sentiment"... Arena unit pickup is 100% limited on a 3day timer... if you dont have time for arena during that time frame, you automatically miss out on the 540 "accessible" units... by moving them out of milestones, i hope Kabam factors in that they would technically need to introduce 4320 - 5400 units (depending on if the update is on a 4 week or 5 week basis for the month), into other pieces of content...

If such a change is made, it would save at minimum 5-6 hours of grinding from arena per week, for a 50% take home of current units (as you would not be earning the BC you do from doing arena)... However, it may mean that players need to spend that time grinding other modes such as BGs, Incursions, EQ.

Ultimately, it would depend on how they introduce the change (if they make it)... worst case scenario would be leaving some units in milestones and moving some to all forms of gamemodes... thus making it less rewarding to do arenas and still not enough incentive to do all the other gamemodes.
  • xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Member Posts: 1,394 ★★★★★
    Move them somewhere more fun sure. I just have trust issues about kabam when it comes to the decision and it's real impact for the players
  • Crossy76Crossy76 Member Posts: 81
    edited December 2023
    i assume few people actually enjoy areana
    otherwise most of us are there for units and certain champ grind .
    idea of removing units from arean will not be bad as long as it is spread well in other places,
    my point is spread them in those places where it doesnt resrict some players from gettting it at all since all can grind areana. those who like to grind for hours can grind in different places in games as well. simply spread it different places is not bad , play lot more different modes if you want more units , or just play few modes that you actually enjoy and be happy with some units.
    FOR ME (if we get similar amount) , i woukd like to grind in different places of game exploring lot of things rather than stay on areana and tapping non stop.
  • nfernonferno Member Posts: 71
    Let’s keep those units right where they are
  • Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Member Posts: 311 ★★★
    Why change the only game mode, where you can chill and do other stuff at the same tlme (like talking to people)?

Some people have skill. Some have money. Other have time. The game has moved away from the last part for quite some time. Why speed this up even further?
  • idlavonidlavon Member Posts: 34

Adding a little more context here, this was a thought that one of our team members had, and he made it clear that it was his opinion only, and not necessarily the opinion of the whole team. We have no plans to remove units from the Arenas at this time.

His thinking here is that we could spread those Units to more places where people play often. Some players love Arenas, some players don't. But that's the same case for every other aspect of the game, so that's also something to take into account.

With all respect, if this was only a thought of one of your team members had does it really need to be said to the community when you know that this is a potential bait that can cause a stirrups in the forum? Even if this felt like a thought that needed to be share i dont think that this is an urgent matter to be addressed is it? Sorry but i dont get your perspective on this one because it felt so random, if anything the arena needs a revamped "ask for help" like the thing you did with heal where you can press 1 button to do it for all
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,690 ★★★★★
    As above, when you're speaking as an essential figure head for a company, directly to your player base, you really should be more careful on what you say, especially with a community like this that will take the smallest thing and run 10 miles with it.
  • Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Member Posts: 689 ★★★★
    edited December 2023

As above, when you're speaking as an essential figure head for a company, directly to your player base, you really should be more careful on what you say, especially with a community like this that will take the smallest thing and run 10 miles with it.

During the stream Jon has said MULTIPLE times that some of what he says are just his thoughts on matters and that other designers might and will disagree. He also prefaced this by saying this isn't something they are going to do at this moment. That people decide to rip away any and all context and run with it is their issue

I'd hate for this response to be a reason for the game team to be less open when it comes to streams, I personally find it incredibly interesting that we get these insights into the game development and have an actual human explain why they made certain choices when it comes to adding stuff to the game

People say that Kabam needs to be more open all the time, and then the second they are, it's complaining
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,690 ★★★★★

During the stream Jon has said MULTIPLE times that some of what he says are just his thoughts on matters and that other designers might and will disagree.
    That's not so bad then, I'm just saying, with the way the community is, they're always going to latch on to the smallest thing and bite back with it. A lot of them have that kind of mindset.
  • Crys23Crys23 Member Posts: 804 ★★★★
    The "spreading" part is dumb. First, there aren't that many to spread across other game modes. If you want units elsewhere, just add them there and leave arenas alone.
    Second, by spreading them across multiple game modes you'd force players to play those, so basically play more. At least you'd make everyone unhappy, since each player hates at least one game mode.
    Wouldn't put it past kabam, since they seem to be doing some stuff just out of pure spite.
  • idlavonidlavon Member Posts: 34
    edited December 2023

People say that Kabam needs to be more open all the time, and then the second they are, it's complaining

I see no point of being "open" comes from a statement as controversial as a "removing unit from arena" when we are limited by confidential information which we have no control over besides making people go frantic in the forum. But you do you i guess
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,232 ★★★★

Vote to see how the community feels about removing units in arena and moving those units to another game mode. Help kabam understand how the community would feel about major changes to arena.

ONLY AND ONLY if they're moving them to the monthly throne breaker EQ otherwise I'm fine with the arena
  • PikisPikis Member Posts: 17
    If in rewards we get some of the ..pool filled crystals + 100% units!!
    I dont mind with that. ;)
  • Ironside47Ironside47 Member Posts: 480 ★★★
    It’s a shame we can’t have them in both arena and EQ. I don’t really understand the “unit economy” argument all the time those with deep pockets can buy them in game, and now on the Summoner's market with extra units thrown in.