How helpful are some youtube channels?

Genie4pfGenie4pf Member Posts: 53
I find some YT channels very helpful for any level of summoner you may be. They help explain what this is, what it does, how it does what it does etc. The kt1s, seatin, lagacy, richtheman, beroman, the karate dude are all examples of these type of channels.

On the other hand there are particular channels with just absolutely bad videos, zero help, zero insight on the game. Take metal sonic dude for example, dude just does solo videos no one requested for. That is probably the worst youtube page to turn to as a lvl 1 summoner or a lvl 60 valiant. Sweedah l is probably an even worse channel to go for. I’m usually intrigued as to what they expect the majority of comments to be

Comments

• laserjohn26laserjohn26 Member Posts: 1,531 ★★★★★

There is room for all.

Some aim to teach and explain. Some aim to show what is possible. Some do both.

Your views on Swedeah and MSD are kind of like saying “Why does anyone watch professional athletes or Olympic competitors?They are setting unrealistic expectations for a beginner.”

If you were watching for entertainment yes. If you were trying to learn no. It would be like trying to learn chess and starting with a video on the intricacies of the fantasy variation by white in countering the Caro khan defense instead of watching a video on how the pieces move.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Member Posts: 3,549 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

I'm not touching this one. But we all know who the worst is. And it starts with a P

You meant P.H
    Who's he anyways. Idk
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    Kind of answered your own question...
  • Noobmaster555Noobmaster555 Member Posts: 91
    edited December 2023
    Genie4pf said:

I find some YT channels very helpful for any level of summoner you may be. They help explain what this is, what it does, how it does what it does etc. The kt1s, seatin, lagacy, richtheman, beroman, the karate dude are all examples of these type of channels.

On the other hand there are particular channels with just absolutely bad videos, zero help, zero insight on the game. Take metal sonic dude for example, dude just does solo videos no one requested for. That is probably the worst youtube page to turn to as a lvl 1 summoner or a lvl 60 valiant. Sweedah l is probably an even worse channel to go for. I’m usually intrigued as to what they expect the majority of comments to be

Not everyone makes lesson videos. Some makes fun videos and Swedeah is one of the best in this category (imo).
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    It's the Dunning Kruger effect of posting.
  • Ngoalong711Ngoalong711 Member Posts: 308 ★★
    end game player still learn some very good things from MSD or Sweadal tbh. light intercept, heavy punish after heavy or doing 1 or 2 light attack after opponent's sp to be able to do a heavy, spacing for some match up is very good to know.
    even if i can't solo all the necro fight then their videos still give ppl an idea of what is possible and encourage them to try a better play style than just parry and 5 hits combo
  • KeltanKeltan Member Posts: 511 ★★

ahmynuts said:

I'm not touching this one. But we all know who the worst is. And it starts with a P

You meant P.H
    Public Holiday?
  • KeltanKeltan Member Posts: 511 ★★

Jason vorhees ftw
    Whenever I get a new champ, I immediately go to her channel and look for any videos about that champ, she explains every champ like to a five year old, way better than reading paragraphs and spotlights.

Don't forget about Pepipepo ... He is also very good with how to use series
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,778 ★★★★★
    Jason and MCOCNoob make the most helpful content.
  • JestuhJestuh Member Posts: 274 ★★★
    edited December 2023
    Genie4pf said:

The only two worth a damn imo are Jason Voorhees’ channel and Dorky Dave’s old fighting guides. Everyone else needs to learn to edit their vids or at least not just sit there rambling for 20 minutes.
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Member Posts: 2,290 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

Prian Grant? PEATIN? Pagacy69? ParateMiike?
    He meant Pinochio
  • Mrwarren96Mrwarren96 Member Posts: 451 ★★
    edited December 2023
    I'd probably say my favourite for actually info is MCOC noob, he has a very good way of breaking everything down and giving you very good ideas for counters,and has basically got a video on 95% of content in the game, basically got me through act 6 7 and 8.. KT1 has a pretty solid channel but id sayseatin is probably one of the best for general content and amusement even though he doesnt post as much as he used to.. And there's one that just does my head in who just posts random **** that noone cares about and we all know who he is🤣
  • Trek26Trek26 Member Posts: 242 ★★
    Genie4pf said:

Take metal sonic dude for example, dude just does solo videos no one requested for. That is probably the worst youtube page..... Sweedah l is probably an even worse channel to go for.