Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Alliance war new globals make it borderline unplayable

Comments

• Options
    Terror_TomTerror_Tom Posts: 152
    It is just disappointing that they are ignoring this issue so stubborn. Looks like they are on a mission to kill this game mode
  • Options
    PrimeSaviour_27PrimeSaviour_27 Posts: 364 ★★★
    Guess it’s definitely an off season, season 😝 love an extended break from AW.

When does the new tactic come out?
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,591 ★★★★★
    This season is hilarious. P2 wars feel like stone 3 and half the top alliances aren’t even caring. What will make this funnier is if things get tweaked for next season after ignoring 2-3 weeks of constructive feedback from the community
  • Options
    Amms90Amms90 Posts: 335 ★★★
    some fights have no counter lol it's just ridiculous
  • Options
    Mario187xMario187x Posts: 7
    I think with the intention of using more items you did exactly the opposite.
  • Options
    Or just more single loyalty revives… lol
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,150 ★★★★★

There’s no point in forums. Actual concerns from players are clearly ignored and critical posts are removed quicker than Quicksilver playing with himself. This defence tactic is beyond stupid, made even worse by an attack tactic that does almost nothing to counter it. It’s amazing how we can continually be surprised by Kabam not giving even half a thought to what the players might think about something before introducing it.

Quoted for posterity..maybe. :D
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,150 ★★★★★

It's so fun facing photon in this node, you can't dex and you can't block lmao what was kabam thinking?

Had to use CGR and just blitz her in current war - still died once.
  • Options
    PIKESTAINPIKESTAIN Posts: 176 ★★
    The ignoring part is the worst. Like just admit you guys were wrong. War deaths are doubled, and tripled, even quadrupled on occasion. Thats not a “slight” increase.
  • Options
    NeinoIIINeinoIII Posts: 63
    We had our best war yet! Only 89 deaths!! Can't wait to go back to triple digits next war 🥰
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 463 ★★★
    Top alliance can still 100% the map with single digit death count, but the war is not designed for 300-500 players, it's designed for 30000-50000 players, to be honest, the tactic is a torture for majority of players.
  • Options
    FunnyDude said:

Top alliance can still 100% the map with single digit death count, but the war is not designed for 300-500 players, it's designed for 30000-50000 players, to be honest, the tactic is a torture for majority of players.

Single digits and half to 2/3’s if items used every war even when they play fights perfect. This season is probably the most expensive by a mile and AW rewards vs. cost are going to encourage a lot of players to just not take it seriously.
  • Options
    PIKESTAIN said:

The ignoring part is the worst. Like just admit you guys were wrong. War deaths are doubled, and tripled, even quadrupled on occasion. Thats not a “slight” increase.

Our deaths are weirdly lower this season lol
  • Options
    BosleyBosley Posts: 247 ★★★
    I skip AW like I skip BGs. The BS isn't worth my time or units. I don't get sucked into KABAMs nonsense. I don't need the rewards that badly.....
  • Options
    H3t3r said:

PIKESTAIN said:

What tier? And I would be willing to bet thats not true for the majority
  • Options
    Darkknight_94Darkknight_94 Posts: 459 ★★★
    This tactics is hella expensive & honestly loyalty healyh potions are not even good enough to make up for the difficulty increase you guys did with tactics.. not to say loyalty amount as well.
    Majority i think using more loyalty per war then getting it from the war ( win or lose)
  • Options
    PIKESTAIN said:

H3t3r said:

PIKESTAIN said:

T3
  • Options
    H3t3r said:

PIKESTAIN said:

H3t3r said:

PIKESTAIN said:

T3
    Yeah. I’d say most higher alliance are experiencing significant increases in deaths. Gonna be fun to see Kabam not address this or skirt around the issue like they have been!
  • Options
    TherunekingTheruneking Posts: 198 ★★
    Where are those "get good" "skill issue" guys?
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 463 ★★★
    The next season could be even worse, imagine blacklist + ban include Herc, Ghost, Warlock, Mantis, Scorpion.
  • Options
    I would very much love to see the data collected this season and compare it to past seasons by tier. Based on my war experience it has to be close to double the average number of deaths. That’s not a difficulty tweak, that’s a masacre. And it really eliminates the fun in one of the most enjoyable aspects of the game. What was the goal and plan from kabam? Just an attempt to determine how much the player base will take before switching to straight 40% revives.
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 575 ★★★★
    not even halfway and people are already fed up. some saying they're done next season.

war has become "how can we item out and annoy the hell out of players before they stop playing".

loyalty potions are stuck in 2021 and we're in 2024 with 120k+ health attackers...

the meta is NOT fun. it's just not. if the goal was to make it harder so we die more and so that lowers the consequence of each KO and removes the stress of low-scoring matches, mission NOT accomplished because the mode is not fun.
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 575 ★★★★
    the game mode has becomes so restrictive and controlled that we barely get to use our good champions and get forced to rank up and use whatever temporarily boosted B level champs that we're told. and by the time second and final season of a meta rolls in we get 5 global attacker bans and have to scrape the bottom of the barrel with these attackers.

the blacklists and whitelists mean nothing because how good was hercules in the decay/sugar pill meta when he was whitelisted? was he even used? when the OP champs are whitelisted, the global makes them useless, or they go on the ban lists when they are.

each meta ends up being:

- your god tier champs are useless because of the global
    - here, rank some b list champs
    - many of them will be banned the 2nd season of a meta so use worse ones
    - 2 seasons of boring frustrating, costly gameplay (rankups and potions, especially this season)

then we move onto the next restrictive meta that forces more rankups and keeps benching the good champions.

kabam is in the driver's seat and we're just a passenger. we have less power and control than we used to and it's not fun anymore.

can't wait for the next meta..."here...chase and rank all the new champs from feature and use them".