**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Holiday Bundles - Feeling a Bit Gypped Here

TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,751 ★★★★★
As someone who spent $250 on units just a few days ago to spend on Greater Banquet Crystals, seeing these Holiday Bundles roll out today with extra rewards in them has me feeling like a bait and switch. Why wouldn't these offers have gone live with the rest of the Banquet Event?

Feels like a cheap shot.

Comments

• Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,777 ★★★★
    Ideally these offers should start banquet day 1. But it's business.
  • Options
    WarlockjrWarlockjr Posts: 780 ★★★
    The holiday bundles for tb are a little lacking 6* shards but I need units so I might buy a few idk tho
  • Options
    Zuro said:

Typhoon said:

As someone who spent $250 on units just a few days ago to spend on Greater Banquet Crystals, seeing these Holiday Bundles roll out today with extra rewards in them has me feeling like a bait and switch. Why wouldn't these offers have gone live with the rest of the Banquet Event?

Feels like a cheap shot.

they knew people like you would fall for it
    That doesn't seem much in the spirit of holiday cheer.

• Options
    TheBaldAvengerTheBaldAvenger Posts: 255 ★★
    Tbf, they been doing unit deals every year around Christmas Day for as long as I can remember so anyone in your position and been playing the game longer than a year only have themselves to blame for rushing into banquet rather than waiting
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,201 ★★★★★
    Typhoon said:

Ashacekar said:

Ideally these offers should start banquet day 1. But it's business.

Yes, I get that it's business. Just generally annoyed that these offers didn't go live with the event. Just makes me not want to spend in the future.
    Well the last few years there always ben holidays spending why would u also go all out one day 1 though there 14 day of the event not saying it was bad
  • Options
    LordParkerLordParker Posts: 11
    I did the same, bought 2 Odins yesterday as the summoners market had no inclination of there being bundles until this morning. Feel like ive been fobbed off abit but i guess its too late now.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    Making the transition to F2P has been easier lately
  • Options
    edited December 2023

Tbf, they been doing unit deals every year around Christmas Day for as long as I can remember so anyone in your position and been playing the game longer than a year only have themselves to blame for rushing into banquet rather than waiting

I've been playing the game for 8 years. This is my first time spending on holiday deals. And, to my knowledge, isn't banquet only a couple years old now?
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,201 ★★★★★
    Typhoon said:

I've been playing the game for 8 years. This is my first time spending on holiday deals. And, to my knowledge, isn't banquet only a couple years old now?
    Not really it just changed name before it was gifting event
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Huh. That’s not really a phrase anyone uses anymore. For variety of reasons.
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    Or, you all could have just waited.

They usually have the 10 GBC offer live at a different time from the unit deals. After the unit deals go away the 10 GBC deal will probably come back.
  • Options
    NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 552 ★★★
    Never seen the word gypped spelled out before tbh. Wild
  • Options
    Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★
    They’ve done this the last few years to be fair. 10 x GGC/GBC bundle first up. Unit deals with added extras a little while later.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,335 ★★★★★
    There's literally no reason to not release extra unit bundles along Banquet other than Kabam wanting to do, "Gotcha 😉"